Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you like The Big Bang Theory

Onion Kid

Smile Do you like The Big Bang Theory

Who likes it ? i like it very much...it is very funny..

--------------

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Stuff Your Eyes with Wonder Dr Faustus's Avatar
    Big Badda Boom.

Multipass?

I think it's great!!

It has some real duds, but quite a few of the episodes are just hilarious.

Sheldon wins

So neglect becomes our ally. Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    i like kaley cuocco, i know that.
    Dig first, money later.

My favorite show currently on television ^_^

Neg
    I saw it once. I lol'd.

(hair style)

It is laugh out loud funny. I really loved the one where they go camping to watch the meteor shower and get fucked up on ganja cookies they got from some old hippy chicks.

Banned
    I think it's really funny.
    I like Sheldon.

Onion Kid
    It's a decent show. It has it's funny moments but a lot of it is very sitcomy. I know a lot of people love the Sheldon character but he is such a fake sitcom world person. No one is that completely devoid of human emotion/interaction. There are a lot of geniuses in the world and they all have basic human interaction skills and knowledge. He is made into such a 2 dimensional character but I guess that's where a lot of the laughs come from.

Do you wanna date my avatar? TheKev's Avatar
    I must not be very smart because I often find myself not laughing at they're sciency-related in-jokes and what not.

It's great, I enjoy the geeky humor. Sheldon is one of those great characters that you can't help but love but know you'd want to kill if you actually knew him.

It's the only show I own that has a laugh track. It's really weird for me to watch with no commercial breaks, I'm not used to watching sitcoms like this on DVD.

I don't like the big Bang theory because I think it is wrong.
    The Big Bang Theory is one of many theory's on how the universe was created. From what i have learned of it, the universe was thought to have been created by to atoms (or particles) colliding together and causing a massive explosion which created the universe we know today.

But what i don't understand is how the two atoms (or particles) would've collided without a force acting upon them.

One of Isaac Newtons laws states, "An object at rest remains at rest unless acted on by an outside force".

can any please explain how the atoms (or particles) collided then?

Parmadil
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronaugusts View Post
    The Big Bang Theory is one of many theory's

It's actually spelled "theories."
    The lifelong proponent of the Steady State Theory, Fred Hoyle, renounced his endorement of that theory shortly before his death.

>on how the universe was created.

The Big Bang Theory doesn't tell how the universe was "created" since that term is used by the Religious Right.

>From what i have learned of it, the universe was thought to have been >created by to

"two" actually

>atoms (or particles) colliding together and causing a massive explosion >which created the universe we know today.

The Big Bang Theory suggests that the universe began as the "Primeval Nucleus" a superdense superhot particle which, for reasons unknown, expanded to become the universe. The theory doesn't "explain" how the universe began, rather it puts forth a theory based on observations of current observed data.

>But what i don't understand is how the two atoms (or particles) would've >collided without a force acting upon them.

In quantum theory, forces are carried by particles.

>One of Isaac Newtons laws states, "An object at rest remains at rest unless >acted on by an outside force".

>can any please explain how the atoms (or particles) collided then?
    Newtonian physics cannot predict the behavior of quanta.

Momaru, you are actually a bit silly with your correction of spelling errors and fairly vague address of the questions put.

aaronaugusts, the odds of someone being able to adequately explain how the big bang came about in the TV forum of a Final Fantasy bulletin board are pretty slim seeing as no one really knows the how of it, however we can be quite certain that it did indeed happen due to the continued expansion of the universe. If you're interested, read up on Edwin Hubble, he was the first astronomer to observe red shift as well as calculating that the universe is incomprehensibly larger than anyone had previously thought.

It would be pretty great for some onion kid to come forward now and explain exactly how the big bang happened.

Parmadil
    Quote Originally Posted by MossY View Post
    Momaru, you are actually a bit silly with your correction of spelling errors and fairly vague address of the questions put.
    I'm not really sure why you needed to be mean about it.

It would be pretty great for some onion kid to come forward now and explain exactly how the big bang happened.
    I never said I knew how it happened, or that anyone did; merely that these were conclusions that had been reached by way of observable data.

I wasn't really trying to come across as mean dawg, so sorry if you took it that way. I agree with you from a scientific viewpoint more or less but I always think that it's silly when people correct spelling and grammatical errors.

And the onion kid comment wasn't directed at you at all either, I just meant that I thought it would be pretty awesome if someone posting on here could explain the big bang when all of the world's best astronomical physicists aren't able to.

It's all elementary though anyway seeing as this aaronaugusts character is unlikely to ever post again and we're discussing the origins of the universe in a thread about a fairly poor sitcom.

Itís awesome and I really enjoy watching it.

"Sheldon: I do not have to urinate. I am the master of my own bladder....."

BAZINGA!
    I like it for mindless entertainment, it's not the greatest show ever but it is funny

Onion Kid
    I started watching at season 1 so I guess the more you watch the more you understand the "science" jokes

Onion Kid
    The show starts out pretty mediocre but it gets much better as it goes on. It becomes pretty hilarious actually. Sheldon is one of my all time favorite TV characters.

Onion Kid
    Very good show. Probably because I'm a bit of a geek myself, so it's cool to see a show about geeks.

Onion Kid
    TBBT rocks! Have watched it since Day 1 and have loved seeing my geeky brethren live out my own idiosyncrasies... : )

Onion Kid
    I have heard a lot about it and i wish to watch it. I'll get the DVD soon.

Bazinga!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast