Page 125 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2575115119120121122123124125126127128129130131135 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3712
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: the ~*~what was the last movie you saw ~*~

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] [4.5/5 stars]

we people space with phantoms avilslare's Avatar
    In Time (2011) - My gf wanted to watch this because two favorite actors of hers starred in it (Cillian Murphy, Olivia Wilde) and it was almost 2 hours of crap. Justin Timberlake tries to be a James Bond/Robin Hood wannabe and the film starts dragging after the 30 minute point. The premise is intriguing but it failed miserably in execution. 1 out of 5.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown (2008) - Documentary about H.P. Lovecraft's life and literature with fascinating interviews from artists (writers, directors mostly) he influenced. I found it very interesting and thought-provoking. Included a mass of great Lovecraft-inspired artwork. 4 out of 5.

Onion Kid
    13 Assassins. 4 out of 5. Obviously not as good as Seven Samurai, but I liked how they weren't quite making a remake of it. In terms of criticism, I think the beginning was way too dark to tell what was going on, the opening text giving the plot went WAY too fast (at least in the subtitles), the characters weren't fleshed out enough and a lot of them looked the same, the bad guy was too obviously evil, and the big fight scene came too early for me. Other than that, it was a good movie.

Onion Kid
    My Week With Marilyn - enjoyed this quite a bit. While the tone was relatively light throughout, they did a good job showing how troubled and self-destructive Marilyn was.

Anastasia, Cars 2, Finding Nemo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Misu View Post
    <3 Guys, take note of this. Tom knows how to talk to the ladies. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    I think Neg disqualified jesus and love though.

Aladdin with the audio commentary.

He Knows You're Alone (1980) - Classic slasher that is almost too classic as there is no whodunit as you know who the killer is from the start and all he brandishes is a knife but I never found myself bored. Ending is a bit sudden but I kind of like what they were going for with it. FYI Tom Hanks first film role. 3 out of 5.

The dullness of fools is the whetstone of the wit. impudent urinal's Avatar
    Back to the Future trilogy

likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by impudent urinal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Faustus View Post
    That's feckin wiggins.
    Quote Originally Posted by N-10_Aden View Post
    Man fuck this piece of shit.

Letters from Iwo Jima, Millennium Actress, and Hugo which kinda complemented Millennium Actress.

The Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence (2011) - Unflinching sequel follows obsessed fan of the Human Centipede film as he continues the work started by the fictional Dr. Josef Heiter. I love the casting of the main character, a distended, bug-eyed toad of a man banging people in the head with a tire iron. Looks great in B&W but film inevitably felt empty. 3 out of 5.

Onion Kid
    The hunger games. :P

Glorious 39 3/5

Hip Hop That Sounds Pretty HDHipHop1's Avatar
    30 Minutes or Less
    Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth. - Saul Williams
    Helping the "decline" of humanity by not giving two fucks about old, European-style music. - some African
    I listen to hip-hop, so that dead white men will spin in their graves. - a degenerate African

The Avengers was the last film that I have seen. Its good movie and I like the cast and story too.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] , [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Hugo - beautiful cinematography and the type of fantasy story that I like. Enjoyed it.

Such order in the midst of chaos makes me oozy and disoriented...

Stuff Your Eyes with Wonder Dr Faustus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Toonami Tunes View Post
    Millennium Actress.

"There must be something in books, something we canít imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house... "

Blood Cult (1985) - Shot on video slasher about a series of mutilations for some sacrifice. Extremely boring (took 4 tries to make it through the entire film) and the acting was atrocious but what can you expect from something shot on video using local Tulsa actors? 0 out of 5.

The Return of the King Extended 5/5

Cars ...not brilliant, but very funny again...
    It's not that we need new ideas, but we need to stop having old ideas.

Onion Kid
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. 4/5

Such a good fuckin' movie! I had never seen this before, but I was very pleasantly surprised by this quasi-Dollars Trilogy spaghetti western shot a year after The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. In my opinion, this far exceeds many other 60s ventures in this genre, partly because it has Lee Van Cleef in it (Angel Eyes from TGTBTU), but also because the plot isn't that predictable and it doesn't dick the audience around. I don't want to claim it's the greatest Western out there, but it ranks up there with some of the best, which is unfortunate because it's not heard of very much. I have to admit, I didn't really like the main protagonist all that much, but even so, I could see past it.

This movie really shows that it's possible for other directors to make the archetypal Leone spaghetti western. It maintains that distinct classic feel without being too gritty (Django) or refined (Rio Bravo). It's (yes, the syncing of voice and mouth is pretty awful sometimes) while retaining its own distinct identity and never feeling like a rip-off. Plus: it's got Ennio Morricone (composer for The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly), Luigi Pistilli (Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More), and Mario Brega (Fistful, TGTBTU)! To me, having only seen this first in 2012, is sort of like a nostalgic reunion of awesomeness (although Clint Eastwood, sadly, is missing). I highly recommend this for anyone interested in spaghetti westerns. It's not the greatest western in the world but it definitely brings back the magic that possessed me when watching the Dollars Trilogy for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1982_tarheels View Post
    Reddas is the guy who got his brains blown out by Travolta in the backseat of Jules' car.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
    Borning, couldn't keep track of who what what, fell asleep. 2/5

Bakuretsu Hunter Chocolate Misu's Avatar
    I just watched Grave of the Fireflies for the very first time. I had always heard the title and that it was pretty important to see, but I never knew what kind of movie it was........ now I know ; ; I cried so hard....... But trying to look at it objectively, there were a few spots that the editing didn't seem exactly right to me and there were a couple cultural things that confused me for a minute but I figured them out by the end.... 4.5/5

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Misu View Post
    I just watched Grave of the Fireflies for the very first time. I had always heard the title and that it was pretty important to see, but I never knew what kind of movie it was........ now I know ; ; I cried so hard....... But trying to look at it objectively, there were a few spots that the editing didn't seem exactly right to me and there were a couple cultural things that confused me for a minute but I figured them out by the end.... 4.5/5
    One of the most emotionally damaging war movies made.