Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: When do you think Final Fantasy will finally end?

Grand Shriner
    the games are best celebrated by a dying generation. the early ff fans must be in their 30's by now.

from ff7 up to ff12 people have started to forget about the series. so it's really a new audience now.

if they can't make the same impact as they did with ff7 and so on maybe they would be pushed aside and the sales would drop hugely. also the fact that the orginal creators would eventually have to leave could add to this downfall.

the future generations won't even know of the past games, or care for them. i don't think the new ff games can produce the wow factor that it has done in the past.

i give it another 10 years.

The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    Yeah I'm 31, and I still try and buy every FF game, besides XI, because I really don't see a need to have other character-players in my FF games. Sure, the soundtrack was great, and the graphics were cute, but shit man! SHIT!
    -Ireland is where strange tales begin and happy endings are possible.
    -I'm in love with Rosa Farrell. I'm better then Cecil.
    -You know what is really going to make me laugh uncontrollably? When they come out with Final Fantasy XXX.
    -Freedom of Speech is the best freedom ever.
    -Real men wear [Irish] kilts.

Although Final Fantasy might not be able to wow gamers like it has in the past, they are trying new things, such as the gambit and ADB system in FFXII, so maybe in the near future a Final Fantasy game might present something that will turn RPGs, and possibly even gaming, on it's head.
    For some reason, when i play RPGs, i find myself comparing them to Final Fantasy. And Final Fantasy always wins.

I liked the battle system in XII. It was awesome.

yeah i really liked it too. when i first read that they had changed it, i couldnt believe it, why change something that was so good ? but when i played it i thought it was a really good change of pace, it works well and they should keep it like that for futre games, which brings me onto the original question, id say that they will give it up when they finally run out of ideas, but when that will happen is anyones guess.

p.s sorry about the above post being nothing i messed up and didnt know how to delete posts.

I loved the old Final Fantasy way of battle, but the new way is killer. I think Japan will find another neat way for their battle system instead of just giving up and returning to the old way.

Onion Kid
    What I absolutely loved about FFXII's battle system was how you could still battle random enemies strategically if you wished, but (especially for the trash) you could automate most of it and ENJOY yourself, rather than continually "Press X to attack" and wading through menus half the time (because you turn off cursor memory) so you can immediately press X the other half of the time (because you turned off cursor memory).

Then a boss hits and suddenly the game is essentially turn based, as you'll probably manage every attack or item use. Even then, your gambits could still help; my top-level Gambit was to use an item to restore Confusion.

Excellent battle system.

Agreed.

the automation shoulda been added a while ago i think, especially now that the games are so story based...i find myself playing these games more for the story now rather than for the battle challenges in previous ff's

Shriner
    I think it'll end when SquareEnix goes bankrupt from making too many mediocre games since the company merge. Enix was the worst thing to ever happen to square. The primary reason why FF12 was so good was because they got the guy who did Vagrant Story to work on it.

I disagree. I think Enix was the best thing to happen to Square, because of the Dragon Quest series. That... Itadaki Street Special game or whatever, was kinda... meh. But I would like to see some FF characters in a DQ world, or vice versa.

I'm the Pokewizard, Bitches! Zachron's Avatar
    As much as an FF DQ crossover appeals to me, the first time I see Cloud in a Dragon Quest game, I pull that disc out of the player, and snap it like a twig, then kick my PS3, before shitting on it... or I just bemoan the shameless cameo.
    Support Our Troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum View Post
    CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!
    ash lol

I know that song and I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachron View Post
    As much as an FF DQ crossover appeals to me, the first time I see Cloud in a Dragon Quest game, I pull that disc out of the player, and snap it like a twig, then kick my PS3, before shitting on it... or I just bemoan the shameless cameo.
    Well, Cloud is a cock licker anyway.

Killer Carrot, Noobs united mesalgear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knegative View Post
    Don't forget about Penelo/Larsa, Ashe/Balthier, Ashe/Basch, Balthier/Fran. It's all in there. SRSLY.
    they are from da worst game ever, it should end with every charector availible on one game, and the world blows up!!!!

When will Final Fantasy end? Never... The least to say, I doubt it will ever occur in my lifetime.

Neg
    Quote Originally Posted by mesalgear View Post
    they are from da worst game ever, it should end with every charector availible on one game, and the world blows up!!!!
    You chose my post as an excuse to spew that nonsense?

YOU'RE MY FAVORITE NEW SHRINER!

Quote Originally Posted by mesalgear View Post
    I love this post
    For relaxing times, make it [Hidden link. Register to see links.] time.

The last final fantasy game should have all the characters and fix all their screwed up "canon" crap and the awful couples too that would make me happy.
    (As far as im concerned squall/rinoa was the only good canon couple in the whole series)
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I dunno, I loved that Cecil and Rosa were together the best. Oh, and Yunie + Tidus.

screw tidus and yuna together(sorry for the fans but thats how I feel.) On the other thing your right though I liked cecil and rosa I should have said post ps1 era cause thats what I meant

i wonder if tifa n cloud will finally hook up by ff 20

yeah me too cause you know according to square and half the fans they are the only ones that really matter. personally I enjoyed FF8 and FF10 more

FFIV here. It's my favorite out of all of the FFs.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast