Page 1 of 16 123456711 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: When do you think Final Fantasy will finally end?

Yui
    i can always make you smile~ Yui's Avatar

When do you think Final Fantasy will finally end?

The title is Final Fantasy after all, so when is it really going to be a Final Fantasy?

?_?

Neg
    It already has ended for me. XII is the last one I will own

Live This Close to Death mary_sonnie's Avatar
    Let's face it: Square Enix will make Final Fantasy until the Apocalypse as long as it makes them money.
    originalconfidence likes this.

Here's looking at you, kid. Espanha's Avatar
    Until Sakaguchi dies, victim of a poisoned piece of sushi, planted there by the Red Tongue Roof Raiders, contracted by a rival company in an effort to weaken the franchise. Unfortunately for them and the world, SE will transplant Sakaguchi's heart and brain into an endoskeleton specifically created to come up with more FF's and destroy their enemies. Soon, every SE employee will have an endoskeleton of their own and the Rise of the Machines will start.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a FF game stomping on a human face -- forever.

Yui
    haha holy shit

SE sure knows how to use their technology !

Onion Kid
    Unless Square goes bankrupt, don't count on it anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yui View Post
    The title is Final Fantasy after all, so when is it really going to be a Final Fantasy?

?_?
    me iz wondering the same thing about mario party

I have Changed, Just Like You, Just Like You StarryniteTrist's Avatar
    I could imagine FF ended when either the creator and story writers reach the end of their imaginations or whenever the music composing department decides to go. It makes so much for them and has such a large fan base that I would fear it ending.

Similar to Tales of Finality (final game in the Tales series would be called this), Final Fantasy 84 is the final one I can see being made.

A Peachy Spring is Coming!

When I give signal, DO NOT CEASE FIRE! "Aye m8!"

Owned

Quote Originally Posted by mary_sonnie View Post
    Let's face it: Square Enix will make Final Fantasy until the Apocalypse as long as it makes them money.

Yui
    so the potential answer to the question of the thread is until SE goes bankrupt, which is very unlikely right now.

but don't gamers ever get tired of the chocobos, "dramatic" storylines, spin-offs, wacky characters, and such and such?

i know, i'm getting tired of it. i might go with may's idea. i might have FFXII as the last FF for me. =/

Neg
    It is a pretty nice idea, at least conceptually. XIII and its multitude of spin-offs falls under the umbrella title Fabula Nova Crystalis.

We just need to find out the latin word for old, and we'll able to tell them that we are fans of Final Fantasy: Fabula ____ Crystalis.

Genius.

Yui
    That is pretty good. But man, looks like SE is getting familiar with spin-offs.

And for some reason, Fabula Nova Crystalis reminds me of Compilation of FFVII. After all, they say that the leading woman character called "Lightning" in FFXIII is the female version of Cloud.

omg

I'm not seeing an end any year soon. And it would be very bold of SE to come out and say we're done.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    If you left it up to Magnus it'd always be their darkest hour, cuz, you know, he can't deal with that right now~
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

When I give signal, DO NOT CEASE FIRE! "Aye m8!"
    so the potential answer to the question of the thread is until SE goes bankrupt, which is very unlikely right now.

but don't gamers ever get tired of the chocobos, "dramatic" storylines, spin-offs, wacky characters, and such and such?

i know, i'm getting tired of it. i might go with may's idea. i might have FFXII as the last FF for me. =/
    Have you ever noticed that every Final Fantasy is a love story? 'Love' is just one of those subjects that interest people. To be honest with you, I personally believe if people just, for some abrupt reason.. just stopped buying Final Fantasy .. knowing Square they would try to revive some old 'classics' , or even crack out some remake. If they were to continue to fail.. they would probably just change the name.

Neg
    That is pretty good. But man, looks like SE is getting familiar with spin-offs.

And for some reason, Fabula Nova Crystalis reminds me of Compilation of FFVII.
    Don't forget the Ivalice Alliance

Here's looking at you, kid. Espanha's Avatar
    I like to equate the franchise to a house guest. It's all cool for the first few days, everyone's happy. Some more days later, the little things start getting to you, but not to a degree that makes you voice your discontent. Finally, the guest starts using your shirts and your bathroom has become contaminated with an unpleasant and perpetual smell that was not left by you. It's at this poiint you boot the guest in the ass and exorcise your bathroom.

To me, SE has overstayed their welcome and left my bathroom in a deplorable state.

Final Fantasy as a franchise will end when noone buys it.
    Final Fantasy the true era of Sakaguchi ended in 2003. Uematsu left too, so I guess that after Nomura goes 50 they will stop making FFs.
    I would like to see a really ultimate Final Fantasy if Sakaguchi was asked to lend a hand as an executive and concept creator, and Uematsu to do the music . One last collaboration.
    But that's more likely to happen in Mistwalker. I read that Amano will work there too.
    For relaxing times, make it [Hidden link. Register to see links.] time.

Yui
    Have you ever noticed that every Final Fantasy is a love story?
    Wait...

FFXII is not exactly a love story. Even FFXI.

Maybe the one thing that attracts the people the most is its uhhhhhhh... CGI movies that look really real?

Neg
    The love in XII was much more understated and implied, and I have to say it was a nice change of pace.

The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    I HATED that XII was not a love story. It was an ok game, but it's not usually what Square-Enix does. A war between two city-states isn't what I want in my Final Fantasy games, and I hope that the makers will realize this someday. I wasn't really aware of a love story in XII except maybe between Penelo and Vaan, but then she is his 'sister' so to speak (they're both orphans, right?), and I can see where they would start to love one another, which is cool by me.
    -Ireland is where strange tales begin and happy endings are possible.
    -I'm in love with Rosa Farrell. I'm better then Cecil.
    -You know what is really going to make me laugh uncontrollably? When they come out with Final Fantasy XXX.
    -Freedom of Speech is the best freedom ever.
    -Real men wear [Irish] kilts.

Yui
    Don't forget Ashe and Rasler. They were in love, only Rasler died.

I have Changed, Just Like You, Just Like You StarryniteTrist's Avatar
    Wait XII wasnt a love story?! Whoa I better stop playing now!

As long as they keep making final fantasy games that are for consoles I own I will get them.

But I hope they never officially end the series in my lifetime. I would be very sad if they did.

Yui
    Quote Originally Posted by StarryniteTrist
    Wait XII wasnt a love story?! Whoa I better stop playing now!
    It's more in the "war and peace" side than the "kissing in the spring lake" side, which is pretty good, considering every FF for console has a melodrama love story in it. Like Knegative said, it's nice to take a break from that.

But it's nicer to take a break from that...

ENTIRELY.

Neg
    Don't forget about Penelo/Larsa, Ashe/Balthier, Ashe/Basch, Balthier/Fran. It's all in there. SRSLY.

Page 1 of 16 123456711 ... LastLast