Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: final fantasy 13 "80% complete"

Sarah

final fantasy 13 "80% complete"

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

how the piss do they manage that considering how long it took ffxii to come out? ;-;;

RAGE

Something wicca this way comes anyname's Avatar
    well, FF13 has been in prduction for ahwhile. i read an artile about it when i was in 10th grade (i am going inot 12th)

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Wonderbra
    baby sun is creepy with its giggling and happy baby-ness.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Sarah
    final fantasy 13 being in production was not announced until E3 this year. anything before that was just a rumor.

Nah, not the whole game, but "scenario work" whatever that is.
    basic plot and settings?

Grand Shriner
    this may be just rumor so dont get up in my ass about it but i heard they were redoing alot of things like making the setting different and making the main character a boy

the main character of FF13 is a girl. it's been confirmed.

the main character of FF versus 13 is a boy

Grand Shriner
    k thanks for clearing that up

Onion Kid
    Maybe they had been working from different departments or something, like one working on XII and the other on XIII

Somehow i doubt it`s 80% complete. Considering this is the first time its been at E3 i suspect we`ll see it for the next two years at least before it`s released.

I'm the Pokewizard, Bitches! Zachron's Avatar
    I wouldn't be too sure. They usually have gotten a pretty fast rate on their games, but they seem to have slowed down for FFXII, yet concerning the development rate FFXII went through at the points where progress was occuring and the many points in time where development was at a full fledged standstill, I'd say that much of FFXIII and FFXII were being developed simultaneously. I would say that 80% would be a gross exagerration, but 60-70% probably wouldn't be... Although my own opinion is that the game is probably between 25-40% on the programming side, 60-90% on the story side, and 20-30% on the production and development side. This estimate applies only to the first FFXIII game. I don't think the other two games are quite as far along yet.
    Support Our Troops.

On the job Red Mage Reuce_RedMage's Avatar
    My question is: How can they be 80% done with a game for a system that isn't even out yet?
    Reuce - Elvaan - San d'Oria - RDM57/BLM28

Sarah
    they have developer kits. they get a PS3 "beta version" long before the public does.

I stabbed your mum... OJ i raped her Zell dincht X0's Avatar
    I heard you can move jump and do alot of crazy ass $)(!7
    Get off the bandwagon and put down the handbook.

This is boring. let's play halo. keene_face's Avatar
    It isn't 80% complete. If you actually bother to read the artical, it says the scenario is 80% done. that's like the script. its how they want to tell there story, and how they want things to look. they said they've barly even started the game.
    I don't need a signature.

Sarah
    they imply that "scenerio work" means more than just story:

Motomu Toriyama, director of the main FFXIII title for the PS3, revealed to Gaimaga that scenario work for his project is 80% complete, <b>with the game's visual engine, running on actual PS3 hardware, being nearly finished.</b>
    I do agree that "scenerio work" is odd phrasing and if not in that context could just refer to story.

Spreader of bunny-goodness! Mr. Bunniesworth's Avatar
    I'm still waiting for XII to hit Oz... ha ha. I wonder how truthful that is though... or *being cynical* is it a ploy to hint at a PS3 launch title to boost Sony's camp? Hmm...

where do you get those awesome pics?

Onion Kid
    I live on a Military Base you wont find on a map

Exclamation FFXIII? where have i been

Wow I didnt even know 12 was out yet. Guess thats what happens when you go to war. damn bush end the war. nuke the "small-Blanket Heads" for all i care just get it over with. any hoot whats up yall. if you've found this to be abusive in any shape or form than i apologize. but put yourself in my shoes. I was shot at over the last 9 months. i never did anything to those people. I had no problem with withdrawing. AND NO I DIDNT KILL ANYONE (I shoot to stop not to kill) except this one time i shot this guy in the shoulder and he blew up. later it was found he had enough C4 strapped to him to level our compound if he made it in. well thats my story any way I got alot of catching up to do so take it easy
    I know Dark Knight / Paladin aint the best choice but I will do it anyway. although DRK/WAR or SAM is a more ideal choice. its how i play the game and what my character is like. Destructive yet loving

it's only out in japan

They are fucking rushing it.

Mr Bunniesworth, do you know would be really funny? If FFXIII hits Aus shelves before FFXII ^^

No way alvinz

I'll take that as a kindness. KaMoDiAn's Avatar
    I wonder if there will be TV commercials this time. i was suprised when I saw those X-2 clips last time round.
    Z

Quote Originally Posted by KaMoDiAn
    I wonder if there will be TV commercials this time. i was suprised when I saw those X-2 clips last time round.
    why? there were some for 8 (i think). not sure about 9 or X. i don't remember seeing any. i loved seeing the X-2 commercials.

what i was surprised at was the fact that there were commercials for Advent Children

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    I do agree that "scenerio work" is odd phrasing and if not in that context could just refer to story.
    i'm not sure exactly what it means, but i'm guessing it means getting character design, settings, plot and general stuff down on paper. Which would also means the 'actual' game has not been started (ie no coding or 3d models)

I'm the Pokewizard, Bitches! Zachron's Avatar
    Parts of the game have probalby been started, but many of the specifics of the story are just now begining to take shape on the story board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast