Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FFXIII's Graphics

I will be fine, Madame Captain! [.Pearl.]'s Avatar

FFXIII's Graphics

These graphics are fookin' amazing. It took me quite a while to finally decide that these are the gameplay graphics, and not the movie graphics.
    Square Enix is making their characters look more life-like each game! So, what do we think is next? Do we think that the graphics will continue to reach for a real-life look, or do you think they'll keep a more animated look just for the sake of keeping it fantasy-like?
    Your random PM's are loved.

Yea the quality is great! It'll improve a little a bit(the future FF's) in the next few years of the PS 3 lifecycle also. The character will have a high quality resolution but their clothing will be fantasy like(or futuristic).

Buy me a PS 3!
    Recently beaten: Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
    Will play next: Final Fantasy I-IV(PSP/DS)
    *Last Update 7-9-2008

The graphics are stunning.
    The graphics will continue to reach for a real-life look(in my opinion)

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    I don't think they'll ever try the photo-realistic look again. There's some things the human eye hates, and real life human imitation is one of them. When you see such a thing, there is always bits of animations, textures, clothings, etc, that doesn't fit too well. Your eyes rebels against the imitation and tries to see details that are off. You saw that with Spirit Within (even if that was one heck of a piece of art), you see it in Spiderman and Superman Returns as well for example, and I'm sure you can understand why most Studios stylize their human models in a more anime or comic way (like Advent Children and everything Pixar). They use real-life looking textures and environments, but the models are exagerated in part so the eye dosn't rebels at the tiny details, derailing the attention of the audience.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Kudos on introducing a wonderfully insightful dose of sense to this formerly woeful thread, Hynad.

Sil'fur says "SILLY BITCH" Silfurabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [.Pearl.] View Post
    fookin'
    that would actually be "Fucking"

Me and [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!

Quote Originally Posted by Silfurabbit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl
    fookin'
    that would actually be "Fucking"
    Yes, thank you,

just wat i would expect from ps3

Grand Shriner

-

this is the reason i will get a ps3

Everybody answer this question please...

Do you guys prefer the graphics in FF XIII or Lost Odyssey?

Both are great! The resolution seems high in both of them, but so far I like the actual "design" in Lost Odyssey a little bit more, off the top of my head. If I research this a bit more I'll know a bit more. Anyways, 2006 has FF XII, 2007 has BD and LO, and 2008 will have FF XIII(hopefully), and possibly FF V XIII!

EDIT:
    This is the reason that I'm getting a PS 3 also! Also, I'm getting it for Final Fantasy Versus XIII also! I'm not sure if I'm interested in White Knight Story, The Last Remnant, or Disgaea 3. What other console exclusive top rpg's are coming out for PS 3?

I think Lost Odyssey looks good, but I kind of think it's rather bland looking compared to FF XIII (as far as first impression goes).

Other than that, LO's battle system seems to be a classic turn based one. A bit dated when it comes to modern gaming. But if DQVIII is any indication, a classic style can be successful if the game has the right balance in every aspect. But I can't help be feel it's a shame Sakaguchi is staying in the past as far as game mechanics goes. Nothing risky so far. Take Blue Dragon for example. Just a typical classic "RPG" battle system with great graphics patched to it. Still a good game, but not what I was hoping Sakaguchi would achieve on a next gen system. (To those saying the FF series will never be the same now that he's gone... I say that's a good thing. No sense in dwelling in the past forever! Just hope Nomura won't get to big a hold on the series. Screw those MTV "inspired" games.)

FFXIII on the other hand seems to be introducing a new battle system that is really intriguing to me. I hope S-E will reveal more info about it soon.

Let's just hope the story will be better, or if you prefer, more prevalent and emotional than the one from FFXII.

I'm in agreement that the graphics look excellent but good graphics doesn't always equal a quality game experience. I'm more interested in the battle mechanics and story of the game.

Sil'fur says "SILLY BITCH" Silfurabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [.Pearl.] View Post
    Yes, thank you,
    just making sure you werent one of those 10 year old momas boys that thinks swearing is a capital crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Enya View Post
    I'm in agreement that the graphics look excellent but good graphics doesn't always equal a quality game experience. I'm more interested in the battle mechanics and story of the game.
    This happens to be my point of view as well. I certainly do not mind graphics that stunning, but I'd play FFV over FFX any day, just so you know what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    This happens to be my point of view as well. I certainly do not mind graphics that stunning, but I'd play FFV over FFX any day, just so you know what I'm saying.
    Truer words haven't been said often.

Yes, those graphics do look pretty "fookin" amazing to me also. I would get the game but I don't have enough money for a PS3. I think the graphics will probably get better and more realistic later on but to tell you the truth, I think the graphics now are good enough for me. I guess I care more of how good I find the game to be then the quality of it's graphics.

Kind of offtopic but have you guys noticed where the list of atacks is, there are numbers to the right of the attacks? (Including magic and normal "Attack").
    I hope it doesnt turn to be another Junction System case

Quote Originally Posted by ROKI View Post
    Kind of offtopic but have you guys noticed where the list of atacks is, there are numbers to the right of the attacks? (Including magic and normal "Attack").
    I hope it doesnt turn to be another Junction System case
    I think it's a given that these numbers are in fact the cost in ATB points.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I read in an interview that the trailer was pre-rendered - not real-time graphics.

Not that I don't think the PS3 is capable of graphics like that, mind you - I'm hoping that it actually DOES happen, because i'd love to see a game that actually gets anti-aliasing right. Jaggies were supposed to disappear LAST generation, and PCs can do it, so why do I still see jaggies in my next gen games?

Also, as much as I was looking forward to Lost Odyssey, the latest trailer has made me lose a lot of interest. The cutscenes are amazing, but the 'in-game' graphics leave a LOT to be desired. They only look marginally better than a high-def FF12 =/

Xbox Live and PlayStation Network ID: RaidenexS
    Steam Community ID: Raidensoul

Thats what I was thinking. It just looks like a high-rez version of FFXII

I made this all by myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenex View Post
    I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I read in an interview that the trailer was pre-rendered - not real-time graphics.

Not that I don't think the PS3 is capable of graphics like that, mind you - I'm hoping that it actually DOES happen, because i'd love to see a game that actually gets anti-aliasing right. Jaggies were supposed to disappear LAST generation, and PCs can do it, so why do I still see jaggies in my next gen games?
    Source please?

I know the trailer to FF VS XIII is pre-rendered, but I followed the production of FFXIII pretty closely and I haven't seen anything mentioned about that.

I don't doubt it could be pre-rendered, but I would prefer reading the actual interview than to believe someone who read something god knows where.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfurabbit View Post
    just making sure you werent one of those 10 year old momas boys that thinks swearing is a capital crime.
    Oh, well then that's okay. And I'm not; I just like changin' it up sometimes.

...off topic. =B

@ Raidenex: Oh really? What a bummer. Well, let's hope the step up and make the whole game look like that.

And yeah, graphics aren't a must (Katamari Damacy; simplest graphics, best gameplay), but you've got to admit they're a nice add-on. =D

Raidenex: Not to burst your bubble, but some new screens came out from the TGS. And guess what! The game looks as good as in the pics above.

Here:

Life for Final Fantasy FainaruFantaji's Avatar
    I hope they wont try to make it photo-realistic, I don`t want them to get into a bankrupt again because Fantasy has to be Fantasy... I`ve seen too much of those HL people, what keeps FF a FF are the breath-taking graphics... The graphics filled with too awsome storyline make a real FF game... I`ll better die than see too real-looking FF characters... It`s just ugly to see the same through the window and in a video game...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast