Thread: Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PSP) Game Rip (VBR)

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar

Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PSP) Game Rip (VBR)

Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PSP) Game Rip
    Kawai Masaaki, Ishikawa Mieko, Jindo Yukihiro

108 Tracks
    Length (PC88 ~ X68K) 53:10 (STD) 1:33:57 (X68K) 50:36

All tracks named.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner lone wolf and cub's Avatar
    arigato

LFO Ace Pilot/SOS-dan 2nd Vice-Chief KusanagiShiro's Avatar
    bump! Expect me to upload my rip of Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim for PSP soon!

Thank You!!!

Awsome games with outstanding music...some of the best!

thanks nice music!

Let's see if YOU can detect someone who cares! XD RainOfBlossoms's Avatar
    dead link.
    Yours Truly,
    The Best Videogamer EVER.

New link added.

doesn't really look like a gamerip, more like different versions of the same songs.. but whatever, you might be able to help.
    in the battle against chester, I hear music that's nowhere to be found in this rip. you sure you got everything?
    or maybe some music from a different source (game, anime, whatever) was encoded in this battle? if you keep listening, at the end of the battle there's a short piano session that doesn't seem like part of the previous song (still in-battle. you'll have to watch the whole video to understand what I mean). however, it doesn't seem like a manipulation to me. it looks like legit music from the game. still, can't find it.

Grand Shriner
    There are PC releases (that video is probably of the PC version) as well as the PSP version. The Oath in Felghana is also kind of a remake of Ys III anyway. I'm not sure of the differences, or if the music is different, but it seems likely or at least plausible.

I knew that much. however, Jessie's rip covers various versions of the songs you hear in the game (if you don't understand, download the rip, and you'll see what I mean). I myself don't know which versions this rip covers, but I guess we'll have to wait for some feedback from him.

Pretty sure i ripped everything, there was even a text file in each folder with the tracklist from each game version. The tracklist was in japanese, but i used vgmdb to translate the tracks, or maybe it was KusangiShiro, i can't remember.

I'll download it again to make sure.

No more music was found.

thanks for double checking,
    I do wonder what that track was then. any ideas?

I've never played this, so, can't say. Might be on the pc version.

Quote Originally Posted by RainOfBlossoms View Post
    doesn't really look like a gamerip, more like different versions of the same songs.. but whatever, you might be able to help.
    in the battle against chester, I hear music that's nowhere to be found in this rip. you sure you got everything?
    or maybe some music from a different source (game, anime, whatever) was encoded in this battle? if you keep listening, at the end of the battle there's a short piano session that doesn't seem like part of the previous song (still in-battle. you'll have to watch the whole video to understand what I mean). however, it doesn't seem like a manipulation to me. it looks like legit music from the game. still, can't find it.
    That is most likely installed music by the uploader, the track that plays in the battle with chester in that video is the track U.N. owen is her? remixed, from toudou 6:embodiment of scarlet devil, which is why the song goes quiet at parts, the piano version also comes from toudou, though finding that exact version is tough, as there are more toudou remixes than even final fantasy remixes.

In other words, the music is a game hack into the game or a dubbed over track in the video.

Here's the original version of the song btw:[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by tatsuya1221 View Post
    That is most likely installed music by the uploader, the track that plays in the battle with chester in that video is the track U.N. owen is her? remixed, from toudou 6:embodiment of scarlet devil, which is why the song goes quiet at parts, the piano version also comes from toudou, though finding that exact version is tough, as there are more toudou remixes than even final fantasy remixes.

In other words, the music is a game hack into the game or a dubbed over track in the video.

Here's the original version of the song btw:[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    your knowledge of touhou music is actually kind of scary. XD I myself know that it is some kickass music, but never really looked into it, so my ignorance was forgivable. thanks a million for that.
    and your signature greatly deserves honor and respect. maybe the pun could be seen as intended but I'm 100% serious.
    thanks again!

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

@Jessie, by the way: you should REALLY give the Ys series a chance. it's unbelievably good. especially the oath in felghana.

Quote Originally Posted by RainOfBlossoms View Post
    your knowledge of touhou music is actually kind of scary. XD I myself know that it is some kickass music, but never really looked into it, so my ignorance was forgivable. thanks a million for that.
    and your signature greatly deserves honor and respect. maybe the pun could be seen as intended but I'm 100% serious.
    thanks again!

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

@Jessie, by the way: you should REALLY give the Ys series a chance. it's unbelievably good. especially the oath in felghana.
    I'm not really very knowledgeable about touhou, i just know it's music, as i have a love of good music.
    I actually learned of U.N. owen was her? from the mcroll a few years ago.

As for the ys series, it wouldn't be fair for me to suggest it, as i'm pretty biased (if my avatar being adol didn't give that away).

then I'm a little less forgivable. XD

one could say I'm biased too, since I have adol as my fb avatar, but what the hell. it IS a fantastic series. it deserves recognition.

Shriner
    Any chance for a bump considering the link is dead, cheers

re up possible?