Page 1 of 59 12345671151 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: VGM Legacy

VGM Legacy

Okay well it seems that most of our uploads that were uploaded to flameupload had been wiped out due to the host name change to 10xupload, seems the site revamped itself. So all four of us members are debating amongst ourselves what to do in our situation. Now Since I also want to make my old rips available as well as upload our most recent ones. We have decided for these options.

We have decided to use Mediafire as our Hosting site which is much easier to manage and can be very convenient for all of us incase the forum goes down.

"We try to release the highest quality rips in whichever formats we choose (FLAC or OGG). If you don't like the format we upload, feel free to transcode it yourself"

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I3arnaby's Rips - Private

Have a request or rip that you can't find? stop by vgm legacy today and enjoy the wonders of 100% quality gamerips today here at vgm legacy!

Requests Are Closed
    0 Remaining

Wow, so now I know why the other thread is closed

When's requesting open?
    This is my sessions Wishlist:

-Star Wars Prequels
    -The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    -Digimon: The Movie (Harpaz/Plessner)
    -Harry Potter sessions (Williams and Hooper)
    -African Cats (Hooper)

PLEASE SUPPORT COMPOSERS BY BUYING THE OFFICIAL OSTS.

hmm not sure when my slots will be mate, seeing as im busy finishing a rip and my school starts in about a week from now, we will see

Very nice idea, we do hope that there will be many great scores this year and another welcome to brendan.

Poppadoms and pink lemonade for everyone!!

Grand Shriner
    well since this is 2011, i guess its ok 4 me to return to the grand shrine of video game music that is VGM Legacy. I think we will see LOTS of great scores from highly anticipated games such as Arkham City, Mortal Kombat 2011, Marvel Vs Capcom, plus more. As for ripping in OGG/FLAC rather than mp3, let me go on record now in saying that I used to have an issue with this. However, I am very pleased to say with my issue over, I hope to help others as well. So with that, I present 2 free converter programs that do not take up much space on your cpu.

1. foobar - not sure about flac, but this can definitely convert ogg. examples are: to mp3, wav.

2. dvd videosoft - not sure about ogg, but this can definitely convert flac. examples are: to mp3, wav.

FYI: WAV is lossless so converting it to this means no loss in quality & can play on windows media player, vlc, itunes, ipod.

hope it helps anyone. im not asking 4 it but it sure as hell would b nice 2 get a thank u from those who tried for the 1st time.

that should lesson the why not mp3 questions/arguments for OrangeC, Barnaby64, Brendan19 & any other contributor/uploader. youre welcome.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

oh & since those other threads on null & void.....
    1. will that thread remain up so rips can be taken from them?
    2. if so & links are dead, can we request a re-up here? if so, will it be filled?
    2. if not, can we request a rip from there to be put here?

I don't reupload dead links, if another member wants to volunteer on upping a dead link then he/she can do so. the thread will be closed but i will not remove links.

Grand Shriner
    ''I don't reupload dead links''

not 2 start an argument, but since it says up top ''I want to keep things fair but firm'', i gotta ask....any reason why u dont reup dead links? i'd have 2 think its only fair as there may be a reason why certain people or a certain person may not be able to get to download it unless link is re-posted. im sure you've encountered this situation b4 i mean who hasn't, right? i mean yeah, im sure someone may volunteer provided they have it, to repost the link so no intentions here to star a fight over this. if u post a link on a site where the link lasts long, then i can see why u dont wanna reup it when it dies. considering u dont, i just hope u post the link on a site that the link will remain alive 4 a long time....a really long time.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

im not just saying that 4 me since i visit here often, ill likely get them fast. im speaking for others who dont come here as often as me.....not to mention someone may have internet problems, school, etc. people from all walks of like im talking about & lets not 4get, this site has server problems a lot where it often gives the Page Not Loading error. by the time the error is fixed & the sites back up, the link may have died, right? under those conditions, im guessing u still wouldnt reup links as you stated u do not. again, no problem. im sure someone would be understanding & more than willing to reup it or maybe someone who downloaded it may volunteer as well so no worries or arguments from my end man.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

by the way, you probably saw this by now but i have a question regarding it so....

Two Worlds [Xbox 360, PC]
    The Suffering [Xbox, PS2, PC]
    Medal Of Honour: Airbourne [Xbox 360]

those 3 were requested before VGM 2010 closed. will they be done before new requests can be made or will we have to re-request it?

Exception is if i have recently uploaded it and it goes down then i would reup it but long dead links nope.

I believe barnaby and brendan are working on the suffering and airborne

Grand Shriner
    1. Requests - Only request in this thread if ANY member has a remaining request,

Remember 1 Request for each game so if the user has two slots, that slot counts as 1 game,NOT for a sentence with multiple games or game franchises.

If you request to any member that has not a request slot open then that request will be IGNORED.

Members i advice you to keep your request ticker updated in your signature at all times.

can you please give an example of the above 4 so it is clear to me? idk how i got through the other VGMs cuz this rule always confused me.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

''Exception is if i have recently uploaded it and it goes down then i would reup it but long dead links nope.''

gotcha. i apologize 4 sounding argumentative. this does up a lot of work - to rip then upload so from a uploader's point of view, i see why not many wanna reup just for one or few people. so didnt want u 2 think i was starting a fight. i was just making points that i think were valid & reasonable. would u agree that they were from a downloader's point of view?

1 slot counts for 1 game.

If someone posts, Hi can you plz rip devil may cry 1,2 then thats two slots taken up

Going to be some fantastic games this year. Let us hope some amazing scores as well. I'm already getting hard thinking about The Last Story ost and The Last Guardian.
    A man chooses; a slave obeys.-Andrew Ryan

Grand Shriner Infernus Animositas's Avatar
    Indeed. Let this new year be bountiful in amazing game scores.

I am indeed ripping The Suffering and its expansion at the moment. It's source files are headerless WAV files, so its lossless

Grand Shriner
    @Brendan: ok so does that mean 1 sot is taking up for everyone or just u? please every every single bgm, even variations & whatnot, cutscene music if any as well. thanks!!! LOSSLESS perfect 4 me!!!

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

''Exception is if i have recently uploaded it and it goes down then i would reup it but long dead links nope.''

has that ever happened? if so, has any causes been revealed?

I've ripped all the audio from the .sdu files, I then listened to them identifying what should be kept and what shouldn't. And it's looking good so far

And to answer your inquiry, yes as of recently OJs links seemed to be getting flagged not too long after the links are up. But like he said, if it was a recent post then he'll reupload the rip.

Grand Shriner
    ''I've ripped all the audio from the .sdu files, I then listened to them identifying what should be kept and what shouldn't. And it's looking good so far''

no please keep it all. i'd like to listen to everything even if u feel its unnecessary. i mean if u really wanna do that, may i ask u keep what u left out? i recently got hold of another copy & am playing it. i'd like to hear everything in the game. idk if ill be able 2 do that if u leave some stuff out??? exactly what r u leaving out?

any idea when it'll be up?

I'm leaving out all of the dialogue and obvious sound effects like footsteps/wind blowing/water droplets falling etc.

However, I've kept all of the sounds that would fall under the "creepy ambience" category.

Grand Shriner
    oh ok. whew lol! ok so i see the 0 remaining signature. now for future reference, that means i cannot make another request from you or no request at all from anyone?

It means that you cannot request from me until I post in this thread saying "Requests are Open"

Also, The Suffering is almost completed

Grand Shriner
    ah so that allows me to request from others then? they havesnt said request are open yet so ill hang back till i get the word that theyre open. and it is 1 request per uploader?
    so i can request 3 things? 1 from each uploader is that correct?

I believe OrangeC takes 3 requests, barnaby64 takes 3 requests and at the moment I'm only taking 2 requests.

But we can each choose when we want to open the doors to allow people to request something from us individually.

It's best if you request one thing at a time. For example if you requested a rip from the three Disciples games, that would use up all three of OrangeC's requests and then no one else could request anything from OrangeC until he says his requests are open again. (If that makes sense)

Yeah, happy new year motherfuckers!

Looking for Mass Effect 3, Gears of War 3 and Uncharted 3 full raw rips in this year.

Video game music today is still completely unrecognised and unappreciated. That is kind of sad, because ultimately I think that video games are more flexible for composers to score.

Grand Shriner
    @brendan: makes sense though still confused...sorry. what if i requested one game like Batman from Orange, he still has 2 slots open so someone could request something else from him right?

btw, about the dialogue, do u think u can include it or PM it to me? I actually want them now. Is it all the dialouges - cutscenes, all dialogue during actual gameplay (Horace, Hermes, Carmen, Torque's Family good bad or neutral, Ernesto, people on the radio, etc, Counsela & Clem, Killjoy? Is any dialogue at all, even little ones missing? hope not lol.

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

sorry i had asked now if u have 2 get them back again, i really really want them though.

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

hopefully u still have them all. if any missed, may i ask that you please get them?

Quote Originally Posted by phenomangel View Post
    @brendan: makes sense though still confused...sorry. what if i requested one game like Batman from Orange, he still has 2 slots open so someone could request something else from him right?

btw, about the dialogue, do u think u can include it or PM it to me? I actually want them now. Is it all the dialouges - cutscenes, all dialogue during actual gameplay (Horace, Hermes, Carmen, Torque's Family good bad or neutral, Ernesto, people on the radio, etc, Counsela & Clem, Killjoy? Is any dialogue at all, even little ones missing? hope not lol.

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

sorry i had asked now if u have 2 get them back again, i really really want them though.
    Yes, that is correct. If you requested a game like Batman: Arkham Asylum from Orange, he would still have two slots left.

When I'm done with the rip and uploaded it, I'll PM you a link to an archive with all of the raw PCM files extracted from the .SDU files. From there, you just need to open them up in an audio editor like Audacity or Adobe Audition. The drawback is that you'll need to set the Hz rate for each one since they're headerless.

another VGM Legacy thread. kool.

Grand Shriner
    ''When I'm done with the rip and uploaded it, I'll PM you a link to an archive with all of the raw PCM files extracted from the .SDU files. From there, you just need to open them up in an audio editor like Audacity or Adobe Audition. The drawback is that you'll need to set the Hz rate for each one since they're headerless.''

How come? I thought you said it would be lossless. By headerless, you mean without track titles? I may need you help with this. Never done it before. Every download I got from here, just kept it the same & converted FLAC or OGG. But what you're saying is totally different.

Page 1 of 59 12345671151 ... LastLast