Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: VGM Legacy ~2012 Edition~

Grand Shriner
    Nice one, Inversion! Just fyi, the composer is Ron Fish. How's the score btw? Rock, orchestral? Oh, and thanks!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Lossless requests:

I've been trying to download Inversion with Jdownloader, but every time I double click on the file and enter the password, nothing happens.

I concur!

Grand Shriner Infernus Animositas's Avatar
    Fixed the MP3 link now
    DoDoRay9000 likes this.

Thanks Infernus. It's working now.

Thanks a lot for the Lollipop Chainsaw soundtrack, and double thanks for not using Jdownloader. I'm not really a fan if installing a program just for one or two things, but this was the only gamerip I desperately wanted, so it was a nice coincidence that this one was a normal link.
    But jdownloader is one thing, your works itself are as great as always guys!

Grand Shriner
    The Lollipop Chainsaw link isn't working. When I click on it, it takes me to a blank page.

ATTENTION!!

Our mediafire account was suspended. I noticed that the sonic rip and lollipop chainsaw was flagged, Well too late in removing them because our account has been locked therefore all links are dead. Well it was great while it lasted. I thought mediafire was a reliable service well i then guess i was wrong.

Have a request or rip that you can't find? stop by vgm legacy today and enjoy the wonders of 100% quality gamerips today here at vgm legacy!

Requests Are Closed
    0 Remaining

Is there something in my teeth? AnonymousRaccoon's Avatar
    *Falls to knees*

NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    You got your reasoning in my logic!
    You got your logic in my reasoning!
    Introducing: Common Sense.

How many warnings did they give before suspending the account? Was it just after Sonic and Lollipop Chainsaw or was more in the past?

So far I've had one notification for Prototype 2 OST, and would like to estimate how many lives left before it's game over.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] <<< Fantastic game.

Not many flags to be surprised. But not sure the limit.

Oh, finally. Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MiLŲ View Post
    How many warnings did they give before suspending the account? Was it just after Sonic and Lollipop Chainsaw or was more in the past?

So far I've had one notification for Prototype 2 OST, and would like to estimate how many lives left before it's game over.
    I don't believe the number of notifications really counts, I've got 8 on my current account... and it is still there:
    Spoiler!

Truth being told, there's really no reliable host when dealing with the upload of copyrighted material... This is a sad day, but the "conclusion" wasn't unexpected. I've not downloaded many of your rips, folks, but regardless of that... I'd like to thank you for all your shares, you've done an amazing job... and I hope that this 'situation' ends only with an account suspension.
    ~
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]|[Hidden link. Register to see links.]|[Hidden link. Register to see links.]|[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

They have not send any emails about the account lock. they just locked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    I don't believe the number of notifications really counts, I've got 8 on my current account... and it is still there
    Looks like you had a 3 year anniversary with that account, that's nice.

But my guess would also be that the number does not count, they must be have some other factors that influence closing of the accounts. Like if Mediafire is contacted by a representative of copyright owners and wants those files to be gone badly, they'll be like - ok we'll just close this account. So it must be on a case by case basis.

No reliable host there is indeed, but among all this sharing business, after all we are technically braking the law.

Sorry to hear about the account lock OJ... maybe y'all can try something else?
    I am vengeance... I am the night... I am Batman!

OrangeC:
    Good to hear. Let's hope they will stop at that.

MiLŲ:
    Nah, I've just been really lucky... I tend to 'spread the activity' between various accounts/file-hosts... I have this stupid conviction that the mean guys could get suspicious and check those who go and upload a lot of data in a short period of time.
    Perhaps I'm totally wrong, but I think they mostly take into consideration the amount of daily-downloads files get.... Not even checking filenames - I remember seeing some VGM Legacy release having a format similar to this: [*Platform*] *Game name* (Filetype)... Or even some other users' upload retaining stuff like "Original Soundtrack from the Video Game" and the likes... Now, that's pretty much like shouting "I'm illegal and I shall not be here!", yet, such files manage to stay online for a bit.

In the end, they don't really care if you go and upload illegal stuff to their servers, like you rightly said they mostly take action when contacted by copyright holders and/or their representatives. You just have to keep your fingers crossed and hope they don't nuke you fast.

NCFirebolt21:
    I guess that with the size of their loss, they're going to take a break from uploading/reuploading.

Well since mediafire was our last avenue of sharing this it looks like game over for us. I mean its not just safe and reliable anymore. Look what happened to megaupload and fileserve? then flameupload did that gay switching and wiped there data. Now mediafire, Theres just no reliable way of sharing like it use to be. Now there's rapidshare but there speeds for free users are shit.

Guess I should've gotten the dragon ball z soundtracks when I had the chance.

Grand Shriner
    Truly the end of an era.

Also just throwing this out there: some troll or jealous person probably flagged the files.

Grand Shriner Infernus Animositas's Avatar
    Yes the outcome was inevitable but I just wish it didn't happen so soon, especially when I just got all my old content reuploaded :\

For the record, I am NOT going to reupload any of my old rips again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan422 View Post
    Also just throwing this out there: some troll or jealous person probably flagged the files.
    Highly unlikely, actually. Takedown requests work differently mostly on every file-hosting website, nowadays:
    Spoiler!

Do you want to get a file down? You have to demonstrate you actually are entitled to request its removal. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]:
    Required Information:

Identify yourself as either: a) The owner of a copyrighted work(s), or b) A person "authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed." Include a physical or electronic signature.

Shriner
    Might be worth trying gigabase.com, seemed give good dl speeds, there was another site too but forgot it presently.

Have ya'll tried peejee share?

People its good to give me suggestions but as for filehosts it looks like a no go, Seems like a huge waste re-uploading all of our stuff if all it is just going to be taken down again. I would go the ftp route but FFS users are not as tech savy with ftp's and all of my ftp thrreads either get buried because of lack of interest. I don't want to say FFS's are lazy but it seems the majority of users just want stuff to be handed to them so thats why other methods such as ftp or torrents don't work around here.

Is there something in my teeth? AnonymousRaccoon's Avatar
    If people want their music that badly then they'll learn. Hell, I'll learn...whatever this ftp is. What is that, anyway?