Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: suggested uploading sites & related discussion

Onion Kid
    can we talk about format converter program links here too or no?
    cause winamp pro crashes when i try to convert dsp to mp3/any format
    "decode error" even tho i have the updated .dll file

and i cant find any other program that actually does convert dsp to something....

Onion Kid
    I have something called Switch sound file converter. It's free (mostly) but I'm not sure if it will convert it for you. Try it anyway. After a while it will say you need to upgrade but you can just say you want the basic free version

Grand Shriner Infernus Animositas's Avatar
    I use a program called [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

This program has a massive selection of file hosting sites that you can upload to, and you can queue them up one after the other.

I personally use this program and upload to FlameUpload because it provides me with 16 mirrors (Would be 17 but Mediafire seems to not work with FlameUpload anymore...)

Multiupload is really cool and easy to use. It uses megaupload and rapidshare along with it. You should try it

Shriner
    I recommend MegaUpload and MediaFire, they keep your stuffs the longest.

MediaFire:
    How long does Mediafire store files?

For MediaPro subscribers, your uploaded files will be stored forever as long as your Pro account is active. For free accounts, there is currently no time limit on how long uploaded files will be stored as long as you access your account (i.e. login to your account) and your files are being accessed (i.e. downloaded) on a regular basis. Every account is different and different accounts may become idle at different times. As a file sharing service, our goal is to flush out users who are through using MediaFire and their data is collecting dust.

Users receive at least 3 notification emails that files are pending for deletion before any deletion actually occurs. Logging into your account is sufficient to prevent deletions.
    From my experience, it never deleted my files unless something like an server accident.
    But you must need an account, those files uploaded without an account will be cleaned very quickly!
    And you'd better logging in your account for less than every 60 days to keep the files in your account alive. (this is from their old version of FAQ, it maybe no longer available but you'd better do this.)

MegaUpload:
    They say they will delete the file didn't receive any downloads for 90 days. Actually they rarely do this. Files can be kept for much longer.

Any site like MultiUpload and mirrorcreator is nice but you can't sure they can run for a very long time. If they are dead all your links will be dead, too. So I can't recommend them a lot.

Shriner
    Oh, I was not aware of the report thing(or maybe some other reasons cause file deleting). MediaFire is better than MegaUpload on this point. MegaUpload deletes stuffs quite often. Hmm, it's a headache problem.

A good thing would for people to change extension files from .rar to another thing (anything works) and to upload their rips/osts. Then downloaders rename the extension to .rar and extract the files.

If they don't put 'OST' or 'Soundtrack' in their file name, hosting websites won't (or might) delete them.
    Where can I find music from Metroid ? [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Do you want some Wii games music ? [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    You like Nintendo DS soundtracks ? [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    thanks

Onion Kid
    Please people, Megauppload sucks, i can never download anyting properly from there and if i do i exceed the DOWNLOAD LIMIT very fast. There are few other crappy sites besides Megashite, is there any proper site where file sizes are ok and no download WAITING and other LIMITS. I can suffer mediafire popups but is there any proper site out there ? - That is - something that operates normally FOR FREE.

I'm good with MegaUpload for now. Best speeds I get out of any file host.
    Registering as a free user has some nice boons, so I did. While anon uploaders' files last 21 days, a free user's last 90 days.
    Anyone can up files of up to 1024mb/1gb and free users get 200 GB of online storage with file manager, allowing file folders and such. Finally, it allows resuming broken uploads and downloads.

Takes a minute to register and it doesn't require e-mail activation or a credit card or any such crap, so I recommend it, even if only as an anon user.

As the poster before me pointed out, apparently there is a timed download limit. Personally, I've never met the limit and as I pointed out, MU gives me the best speeds out of any file host, and also the largest files. So this limit must be decently high.
    Particularly in comparison with, say, GigaSize, which yesterday gave me a 4 hour waiting period after I download 3 files sizing less than 500MBs total.
    But in fact it was only today that it allowed me to download another file, as yesterday it kept the message that I had reached the limit, far beyond the 4 hours. So, it allowed me to download again today, but speed was capped at 60kbps. And after I downloaded that 190MB file, now it tells me I have to wait 10 hours.
    Summarily, I'd avoid uploading there.
    Because some things are just worth fighting for.

I have a question. Which multi-file sharing site is better, FlameUpload or Multiupload? I am having problems uploading stuffs at Multiupload, and I am wondering if I should use FlameUpload as main upload site instead of Mediafire. Not to mention, my uploading speed is very slow.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dual Wielder View Post
    I have a question. Which multi-file sharing site is better, FlameUpload or Multiupload? I am having problems uploading stuffs at Multiupload, and I am wondering if I should use FlameUpload as main upload site instead of Mediafire. Not to mention, my uploading speed is very slow.
    I think none of the multi-file uploading sites is really good, many of them lack of maintaince, some of them steal the elements from other sites, some of them no longer run on the internet. But MultiUpload and mirrorcreator is relatively good.

-------------------

My suggestion sites for uploading is still MegaUpload and MediaFire. Note you need accounts of them. For MegaUpload, you'd better change the name of your file, don't include any words like OST, original soundtrack. For MediaFire, splitting file into a few parts is necessary if the file is too big.

And I find Ziddu is a good for file hosting. It keeps files available for very long, I don't know this is cause they have less limitations or their site is lack of maintaince.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    I think the first posts need a bit of updating - did MU at least get better for free users?

I have a premium, so IDK.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Lyedecker's Avatar
    i'm sure somebody already mentioned this one, but i think mediafire ROCKS.
    scratch a cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist
    -george carlin

del

Onion Kid
    Has anyone tried the new [Hidden link. Register to see links.]site? Apparently it is set up by the founders of the Pirate Bay. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]is a link to a bit more information. I haven't tried it out for myself yet though.

Hi everybody !

I'm searching for the Spider-Man Edge Of Time Soundtrack , the new spider-man game which came out the 4 of october .

I searched everywhere on internet , but i don't find the soundtrack .

He watched some gamepay video and the soundtrack looks great , so it should be good if someany could help me .

Thanks !

( sorry for my english , i'm french ! )

Shriner
    Just wanted to point out that [Hidden link. Register to see links.] has offered their [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. Take a look! We should take advantage of this.

Please tell people to stop posting links to fileserve.com. Nobody in the UK can download from that site whether we're a paying member or not.

Is anyone else having problems downloading from Megaupload? Since two days I only get rates at about 20 KB/s!
    My thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Before you download, please click some like buttons inside the VGMPP and/or post a little thanks!

I'm having this problem with MegaUpload that whenever I bring it up, it flickers for like ten minutes before I can actually do anything in terms of managing the files I've uploaded. Just recently, it says I have no files uploaded. It hasn't updated its record for probably 6 months; I have things I've put out there that I have no way of knowing how many times they've been downloaded. I also think I don't even have the ability to delete said files. MegaUpload sucks.
    In search of: 2012, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Shawshank Redemption, Chronicles of Narnia. Nothing to trade for now.

Megaupload is not available at the moment for anyone living inside the US
    click on these for music and other anime stuff

Want Ds Music go [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Want Wii Music go [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

BEST FORUM EVER (beside this one)
    4m4LIFE.com/forum

Onion Kid
    ABC News has a story about some of Megaupload's employees being indicted.

Shriner

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZFGokuSSJ1 View Post

Ill omen.