Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: suggested uploading sites & related discussion

P.S.I.entology zealot Kreachure's Avatar
    About the recommended upload sites in this forum's description, does everyone agree on that? (it recommends sharebee, massmirror, and xirror for their mirror services, and 'alternatively' filefactory...) Cause for what's been said here I'd rather go with MediaFire or Gigasize...

The file services I've seen frequently used all over the 'net are Megaupload, Rapidshare, [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (has anyone mentioned it yet?), and very rarely sendspace.

Speaking from someone outside the US, Megaupload sucks for me because it gives me severe country restrictions (I had to install the darn toolbar to let me download stuff, but even then I have to wait for many hours until it will let me download anything). But interestingly enough, Rapidshare works great for me...

As for any tricks regarding IPs, it won't work for me since my (Cable) ISP has a unique IP for my connection (so if I reset it or mask it or whatever it just keeps insisting on the same IP)... I can't be the only one in this situation, right?

I guess there are many variables about which the best one could be (mirrors, easy uploading, download limits, etc.)... I guess I'll have to see which ones I learn to use to begin sharing stuff here...

I only use FlyUpload.

*Up to 2GB per file
    *Share unlimited files
    *No Registration
    *Files last, at least, 60 days
    However, some users in other warez forums I'm registered at have complained of pop-ups from this site. I always use the latest version of Firefox; have used AdBlock to block images from many ad servers and use FlashBlock. I'm wondering if this is why I've never experienced a pop-up from this site? However, a new window does open when ever I download something from MegaUpload.

Quote Originally Posted by Lv99 Slacker View Post
    I only use FlyUpload.

However, some users in other warez forums I'm registered at have complained of pop-ups from this site. I always use the latest version of Firefox; have used AdBlock to block images from many ad servers and use FlashBlock. I'm wondering if this is why I've never experienced a pop-up from this site? However, a new window does open when ever I download something from MegaUpload.
    That's correct. Try going to that site using Internet Explorer and you'll see what the other people are talking about. I use Firefox myself; the difference is night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by Link006 View Post
    That's correct. Try going to that site using Internet Explorer and you'll see what the other people are talking about. I use Firefox myself; the difference is night and day.
    Wow. I just gave it a try myself...The one and only negative I have against FlyUpload is that it requires you to click on the same link from 1-20 times before the real download link reveals itself. A nuisance, absolutely, but as a downloader, I'd prefer using it to waiting over an hour in queue to download from Rapidshare. Anyway, for every time you click on these gateway - if you will - links, two ad windows pop-up. Not only that, but when the real download link revealed itself and I click on it, my Orbit Downloader program of all things activated itself and wanted to download an .htm file called "dl" from FlyUpload. My Orbit Downloader never runs when I download something; my Free Download Manager and the default Windows Installer do, however, but they didn't come up this time. I cancelled, of course.

I gotta say, though: What the hell are people still doing using I.E. in this day and age anyway? Bad mumbo jumbo can come your way as a result. Let this site and others like it be just but one example of the disadvantages of using I.E.

Eh... neither browser is satisfactory in my opinion... but that's a discussion for another topic. I'm still pretty new to this whole uploading thing (planning to upload my first file EVER today... and it's a doozy!), so I like having a site with a delete link. I'm kind of paranoid the suits will come and dismember me. A college kid doesn't have that kind of money you know.

I'm hoping the admin or another pro filesharer will pick mine up.

Quote Originally Posted by Link006 View Post
    Eh... neither browser is satisfactory in my opinion... but that's a discussion for another topic. I'm still pretty new to this whole uploading thing (planning to upload my first file EVER today... and it's a doozy!), so I like having a site with a delete link. I'm kind of paranoid the suits will come and dismember me. A college kid doesn't have that kind of money you know.

I'm hoping the admin or another pro filesharer will pick mine up.
    Agreed. A site with the option to delete an upload is important. Which site do you recommend?

Seeing as I have uploaded a total of ZERO files, you should ask one of the pros; they give a lot of links earlier in this thread. I'm going to try rapidshare for my first one since I know it gives a delete link.

The Slayer of Hearts GaijinTenshi's Avatar
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Limit: 5 GIGS

(Now, I do not know how long they hold the data, but hey, it's worth a shot for a limited engagement kind of deal.)

___
    Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by GaijinTenshi View Post

Limit: 5 GIGS

(Now, I do not know how long they hold the data, but hey, it's worth a shot for a limited engagement kind of deal.)
    I heard about this today. It is simple to upload and quick to download without adverts at all. Only problem is no upload meter to see how long is left for upload. I also like using Massmirror.

I'm with those suggesting [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

It's smooth, flawless, and imposes no restrictions whatsoever on the user. There are no waiting times (which I haaaaate, abominate, and loathe). I would highly recommend it especially for hosting humongous files, like movies or TV episodes.

The only cause I had (initially, at least) for complaint concerned opening the files upon downloading.

Large files (like movies) that are split up will end in extensions which your computer won't recognize until you perform a few procedures. Here's what you do:

When the download screen with the links to the files come up, the files might end in .aaa and .aab. There's also a third file you can download that ends in .cab (that means it's a batch file). AND THIS IS IMPORTANT: Download that too. When you have finished downloading all the files, double-click on the batch file (the one that ends in .cab). That done, you're all set to enjoy your files!

What a horrible night to have a curse. Mr Muay Thai's Avatar

Lightbulb

You don't need to download Badongo's batch file.

All you need is HJ Split. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Then rename the Badongo-given extensions (.aa, .ab, etc) to .001, .002, and so forth.

Then use HJ Split to join them together. Make sure all the files are in the same folder, or else HJ Split won't fuse them.

simple and clean

Captain of the S.S Not Penny's Boat nevets815's Avatar
    Does anyone know a free RAR archiver for windows? WinZip is only free for 40 days

thanks.
    4 8 15 16 23 42 EXECUTE

What a horrible night to have a curse. Mr Muay Thai's Avatar

Lightbulb

you can still use WinZip past the 40-day free trial.
    Same goes for WinRAR.

Lossless For The Win !!!
    I always thought command line rar was free.. not winrar.

Its shareware and command line .. but works

You can also use the freeware [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    From the official page :
    The main features of 7-Zip

* High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
    * Supported formats:
    o Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
    o Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS
    * For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
    * Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
    * Self-extracting capability for 7z format
    * Integration with Windows Shell
    * Powerful File Manager
    * Powerful command line version
    * Plugin for FAR Manager
    * Localizations for 69 languages
    WTF ? [Hidden link. Register to see links.] !

Shriner

Upload Limit: 100MB per file
    The file will be delete if there are not one download it in 1 week.

Very Fast upload and download

J. Peterman
    glory be, the funk you guys are all cool!

anyone tries [Hidden link. Register to see links.]? it uploads your file to badongo, mediafire and megaupload

Onion Kid
    my fav are :

1. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

* Resumable downloads!
    * Download accelerators are allowed.
    * No daily / hourly download limitations.
    * We do not block users by country or ip.
    * Split archives are allowed! (and encouraged)
    * No waiting for a download to start (no timers, countdowns etc)
    * Our users dont have to install anything to download their files (no toolbars, spyware etc)

2. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    * Free of charge
    * USAupload.net allows up to 150 MB of file to be uploaded or shared
    * No daily / hourly download limitations
    * No waiting for a download to start (no timers, countdowns etc)
    * Resumeable downloads

Onion Kid
    Okay, I'm new here, been downloading, can anyone answer this question? Because I'm ignorant.

Why is nearly EVERYTHING I want to download hosted on SendSpace? Every time I click it it says "Your download is limited to 50 kbps." Ugh! What is that? That's useless! And why is everything else on Megaupload with all of its restrictions?

Here's the way it goes on here: when something is hosted on SendSpace, I'm SOL. When something is hosted on Megaupload, it's headaches.

When something is hosted on Rapidshare, it's good news. Because every time I click it they say "It's Happy Hour, no security questions" and they ALWAYS download at the highest speed possible.

You know where else rocks? The MassMirror links. I pick the Badongo link and everything goes smoothly.

But UGH. I'm trying to find Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 and Silent Hill 2 soundtracks on this site WITHOUT SENDSPACE. It doesn't look like it can be done and it's frustrating. I mean really. 50 kbps? That's as bad as a broken link.

In conclusion, SendSpace gets an F, Megaupload gets a D, Rapidshare gets a B+ and MassMirror gets an A. From a downloading perspective.

im not sure if anyone has mentioned [Hidden link. Register to see links.] yet, but honestly. its the best easily of any site ive been to ever
    theres only a 100mb limit, but files are NEVER taken down due to inactivity and the download speeds are usually awesome.
    im on a different forum for upping just regular music albums, and its DEMANDED that everyone uploads to mediafire. its simply the best. you can download as much as you want, save all your files, anything. its perfect.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeystone View Post
    In my experience, Megaupload is a whole lot friendlier than Rapdishare. RS is really. . .'cranky' as of late.
    Maybe so... but friends let you download a whole file instead of losing the connection (thanks Megaupload...). I've always used Rapidshare and, though speed is relative when free, i never missed a file, no matter the size.

And that's something to consider those who want to upload: people bein' able to download.

All of these sites are like massmirror and sharoneall and I posted them because the 2 listed don't work.

The Coyote Knight Joshua Fireseed's Avatar
    -SNIP-
    Last edited by Joshua Fireseed; 12-27-2013 at 07:42 PM.

I prefer the following:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] - The Best of All!

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] - Iīve downloaded episodes from "Naruto" there and Itīs such a good file hosting as MF.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] - Another great file hosting like MF, unknown for many people.

FileFactory has been giving me very slow downloads, and the three above are way better than it, MegaUpload and RapidShare IMO.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast