Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: suggested uploading sites & related discussion

I've heard that putlocker and zomgupload are pretty good.

Try those?

Shriner
    Oh no, hold on. I still recommend MediaFire, since there're not any good enough file hosting. But what uploader should do is:
    - Don't name files into what would be recognized as copyrighted material.
    - Don't name folders into what would be recognized as copyrighted material.
    - If you received 3-10 strikes (more strikes more dangers), you should backup your files, before they check your account.

I'm doing that, do they notify about strikes? I'm thinking pass protecting them to add another layer. Would that work? What about Mirroupload, Mirrorstack and such? Is it ok to upload there?
    [Insert a poignant, intelligent signature here.]

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by AFMG View Post
    I'm doing that, do they notify about strikes?
    MediaFire Account Received Strike

Hello [email here],

The file [file name here] violates the MediaFire Terms of Service. Due to it being distributed from your account, it has been removed. Also, a Strike has been placed against your account and can lead to a termination of service.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Thank you for using MediaFire as your cloud based file sharing service provider.
    Sincerely,
    The MediaFire Team
    Please do not respond to this email, it does not accept incoming emails! Please review the Term of Service at [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Well, ok, so far so good I guess.

Grand Shriner
    Regarding Mirroupload, Mirrorstack and other multi-mirror services, while they do work, I personally do not recommend them unless they create mirrors to reliable filehosts. Also, one should always keep the links to the filehosts. The reason for this is that multi-mirror services can die and the original link where the rest of individual links are placed could get lost, but the files themselves would still be working. I think that, for the purposes of rare music like the one shared here, a reliable host is one that last longer than six months, like Depositfiles or Mediafire, with easy access and good download speed (MF only). As I far as I have seen, the real problem with MF is only with popular files, but password protection and/or using a non-descriptive filename could be a good work-around, unless files are way too popular (I have seen these strategies fail with popular movies).

By the way, other services that I have found to work somewhat well are these:
    *[Hidden link. Register to see links.] (IP anchored in Spain)
    *[Hidden link. Register to see links.] (IP anchored in Germany)
    *[Hidden link. Register to see links.] (IP anchored in Denmark)
    *[Hidden link. Register to see links.] (IP anchored in France)

The problem with them is to actually test them and see for how long unpopular files are kept online. Regardless, any multi-mirror service that provides links to any of these services plus Mediafire, Depositfiles or Rapidshare is a good option.
    Let me know if any of the links I share no longer works with a visitor message in my profile (not PM). I'm willing to re-upload them, but I'll take my time to do so, so don't expect them right away. If you know of a free reliable non US-based filesharing service where files last almost indefinitely, let me know.

Shriner
    I once got a strike on my mediafire folder because I shared an 8-bit cover of Rolling in the Deep with my friend. lol

There's a new filehost that is apparently really good for free users.

It's call billionuploads.

You guys should try it and see how it works out.

Eat Well. Stay Fit. Die Anyway. GlassButterflies's Avatar
    Minus now only supports multimedia files (old files remain available).

-sigh-

So that makes Minus pretty much useless. Once again the search for simple file sharing continues...

Most Complete Film Score Threads: [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Why not use dropbox or google drive?

Grand Shriner
    Because both services are anchored in the USA, which means that files there are easily threatened, like happened with other services since MU's downfall. Any service anchored in the USA, even not directly like was the case with MU, will be easly affected by any new legislation proposed by the MPAA and the RIAA. These two services that you proposed are good for backing up one's files, but I don't think they are particularly good for sharing and certainly not superior in any way to MF. The purpose of is to find a filehost where files can be safely shared and are hosted for a relatively long period of time. MF in that case is a better option, after all, it pretty much works as it always has, but it cannot be used to share music as safely as it was in the past since there is always the threat that any music could be taken down at any moment wthout warning.

Shriner
    Special archives are normal archive files, such as ZIP or RAR files, that are encrypted, password protected, or span multiple volumes (i.e. are split into pieces). Free customers may share special archives no more than 10 times per file per week. Premium customers may share special archives, including archives over 200MB, as long as you have Content Distribution bandwidth. Premium memberships do not allow you to download special archives from non-premium users once they have reached the weekly limit.
    MediaFire is becoming trashy, it just added some new rule to limit the password protected, splitted archives downloading.
    Let's look forward to the new MegaUpload.
    Last edited by realnabarl; 10-21-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Shriner
    Changing the extension name might work, everything needs testing.

MediaFire has become unreliable for this site. Links from there seem to be deleted almost as soon as they go up. Pass protection makes no difference, I found. I suspect a snitch or two on the Shrine, making trouble. But even if that iS the case, sharing a MediaFire link here is almost guaranteeing it's removal. Oddly though I had one locked so that others can't use it, I can still access it myself....

Shriner
    Probably they noted this site, links from here would be taken more care?
    If changing the name + password protect is not enough. Do not give a click-able link would make it safe!

I think there is something else going on. A member was giving links only via PM, and they were removed too. But there should have been no way for that to happen.I have been using MF for years, andit has only been in the last two or three weeks that there have been any problems.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    I think there is something else going on. A member was giving links only via PM, and they were removed too. But there should have been no way for that to happen.I have been using MF for years, andit has only been in the last two or three weeks that there have been any problems.
    If the link is hotlink that could be recorded cause the browser of the one who clicked the link would sent some info to the server.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by realnabarl View Post
    MediaFire is becoming trashy, it just added some new rule to limit the password protected, splitted archives downloading.
    Let's look forward to the new MegaUpload.
    Yeah thats what happened with [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    The first part is now unaccessable without paying, but the parts 2&3 are still downloadable oddly enough. You could circumvent this by first making the set on mediafire and when it gets nuked, set identical first part rar on some other site. (Which is what I hope nobunagaoda will do at some point, pretty please? I really like the music in Orochi 3 )

I <3 Lucina (FIRE EMBLEM: AWAKENING) KAITO's Avatar
    People seem to be obsessed with FLAC files, they could have an option of FLAC/OGG/MP3 people don't like to be made to choose only one option... i've looked around for a particular ost i really want but ITS ALWAYS FLAC! GAHHHHHH and I'm not wasting time on a file conversion

I've heard of a few more filehosts that are apparently good for free users. Try them out for yourself and see if you like them or not:

uptobox
    1fichier

匪天 (pr3y : pr4y) = symph0ny {k3yb04rd + El3c. Gu1t Orie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AFMG View Post
    I'm doing that, do they notify about strikes? I'm thinking pass protecting them to add another layer. Would that work? What about Mirroupload, Mirrorstack and such? Is it ok to upload there?
    I have not received any kind of notifications from their strikes at me.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

MediaFire has become unreliable for this site. Links from there seem to be deleted almost as soon as they go up. Pass protection makes no difference, I found. I suspect a snitch or two on the Shrine, making trouble. But even if that iS the case, sharing a MediaFire link here is almost guaranteeing it's removal. Oddly though I had one locked so that others can't use it, I can still access it myself....
    I suspect we have a bitch reporting our uploads. Recently I upload in 1 day, and 5 hours later, the was removed.

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

I share the same issue as you. Mediafire is pretty much the only sharing site I can use in my country. And a friend of mine who lives in very stricted cyberpolice country, he can only use mediafire with his countermeasures against the cyberpolice. I can't share nothing with him, if not through mediafire.
    If mediafire goes down on me, all my shits and houndreds of shares I have in the forum will go down for good. Because My life is not uploading, and re-uploading 10 gb of stuff I have shared or even more..... makes me have and headache

This guy [Hidden link. Register to see links.] talked that the mediafire links were not working, but, he tried at a different hour, and he downloaded it fine.

More weird is when people tell me "file not available" and I check and teh link is working fine with me. Other times I can only see the link if I am logged in my mediafire account.
    The file is in my account , yes, but I had no notification whatsoever of having a file taken down.

Because of these issues, I am starting to think in a system of share like this, that for some might not be soo good. But this is just an idea.
    I was thiking of creating groups, specific groups.
    no wait. Explaning better:
    Sharing using DC++ (whatever is called) and sharing the adress or how we are to suposed to do so we can share. Ok, it would make threads useless and the downloading share would be working in private, but to be honest.... I think we are getting in a bridge in where we have to protect it as much as we can.
    I have tried several sharing sites, and I do not recommend Pejeeshare. Really!!!!
    Last edited by Orie; 10-22-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    "For the Sake of our Heart-CORE... & ♥Juri♥"

RapidShare is better than a few years ago, a full 30 days to delete, and 1MB per 2 seconds download. It is one of the oldest and longest-running Upload Sites of all.

SendSpace looks great also, and you can do stuff without login or account.
    Last edited by ghdude; 12-26-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Onion Kid
    Just wanted to say this site is great.....I applaud all the people who spend there time uploading these sound-tracks, you better download them now, you never know when the links will die or the sites could go bye-bye for good.

I hope your all have a nice Christmas/Holiday and I know this has little to do with the topic, but I just wanted to say the world needs more love and compassion, I've seen to many people in need of aid and help, I see a world that desperately needs help, so please let us work together to make it a better place, and I thank the site owner who put all there time into making it and all the people who helped.

Peace!

Shriner
    Then how about online storage services?

Size per file:

Google Drive, IDK.

SkyDrive allows 2GB via client uploading, 300MB via web uploading.

Box.com allows 2GB.

These services could keep your files permanently, and I think doesn't have strict rules like MediaFire.

So . . . someone educate me a bit on this stuff. I've already benefited from the generosity of others on this site, and would like to be able to return the favor. I have no experience with, or knowledge of, the whole file-sharing thing. What's the best way to get started? I've found RapidShare to be a great resource in downloading, but reading this thread makes me think that's not such a good option anymore. If I want to upload a score, post it here, and feel relatively confident it'll be there for at least a few days, what do I do?

Thanks in advance for enlightening the newbie.
    "It must be nice to always believe you know better. To always think you're the smartest one in the room."
    "No . . . it's awful."