Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: suggested uploading sites & related discussion

i used 4shared.com for sharing its pretty good for single-track shares zipped files are pretty good too
    Visit my [Hidden link. Register to see links.] Account!

Notice from Rapidshare: "Free user downloads are now throttled to 30 kb/s without any chance of resuming." Wither rapidshare?

i am still getting speeds of 4-500kps....

Quote Originally Posted by ssri View Post
    Notice from Rapidshare: "Free user downloads are now throttled to 30 kb/s without any chance of resuming." Wither rapidshare?
    It's time to abandon rapidshare now too.

Sorry guys but most people are free users and don't have the money to buy premium. That's BS anyway.

Please try other filehosts like the ones I posted in my list or perhaps others.

like mediafire, ddlanime, jumbofiles, glumbouploads, ifile it, etc. I've heard good things about all of those filehosts.

legal action is taken toward megaupload. so no more to that site i guess.

Hello!

I want to contribute with a few PSP soundtrack rips I have extracted...

What's the recommended hosting file service?

Thanks!

Shriner
    Copyright is not the only issue, some others without a good prospect would be down in the future, you would feel pain if you used that a lot.

Guys, you could switched to those services don't affected by copyright issues. Like those services located in China and Russia. I'm from China and I upload stuff very very safely, and some of the services runs very stably.

When it comes to music, a really good site I found is [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    This site has many great features such as:
    - Don't need an account to upload
    - Has hotlinking for mp3s (for registered users)
    - A lot of space
    - Can listen to a music file before downloading
    - Can upload ANY file type
    - more that I'm too lazy to list

This is just one of my personal favorite sites.[COLOR="Silver"]

Shriner
    Megaupload is gone, Wupload, Filesonic and Fileserve both restricted themselves to accessing only files you yourself uploaded, and Rapidshare is at the above-mentioned crawl. Multiupload also seems to be dead; it just doesn't load at all for me.
    This is what the country has come to: you don't need to pass a law, you just need to dangle it around publicly enough that you can intimidate those it targets into submission.
    Mediafire is still good if you have a link, but they seem to scour their stuff much more enthusiastically now, and have done something masking much of their content from Google (not sure about other engines).
    4shared and Depositfiles both still work normally ( *crosses fingers* ). I think Oron still does. Not sure about Hotfile.
    Soundtracks I'm Looking For:
    La Cava Productions- music from [adult swim]'s Rock Paper Scissors Extreme Deathmatch
    almost everything by Eminence Symphony Orchestra
    Warriors:Legends of Troy full soundtrack gamerip

Grand Shriner
    I would like to suggest the following multi-mirror services, which I believe are still working:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I suggest uploadmirrors, gazup, embedupload and uploading simply because they offer rapidshare, where files have a tendency to last longer than in other filesharing services. If you use them, I recommend that you back up the mirror links as well, because some services may die, but the mirrors will keep alive as long as they are used. In the past I had to re-upload some files because I did not take this precaution.

Mediafire is an excellent service, but I believe they do take content down if it is too popular. That is, if a file is downloaded by many people in a short period of time, MF seems to check the link and regularly takes down any copyrighted or questionable material. This has not happened to me, but I do not share popular material.

There is another problem in the future. Mediafire service is anchored in the US and I believe that a new legislation will come in effect next year that will cause that most files will have to be taken down. At the moment, I cannot access the website where I read this and, therefore, cannot quote which exact legislation it is, but I do remember that it was suggested to stop using Mediafire and other US-based filesharing services in preparation for that legislation, so I believe it would be a good idea to research which filesharing services do not have ties to the US and which of them work the best.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by jfgslo View Post
    If you use them, I recommend that you back up the mirror links as well, because some services may die, but the mirrors will keep alive as long as they are used. In the past I had to re-upload some files because I did not take this precaution.
    I think it is a must, these services were just too easy to die. And I think only Mirrorcreator can be called good among these, many others of these even copied other's page designing to set up their site, once set up'd, they did not even maintain it.

Grand Shriner
    Okay, I found the legislation. It is in fact not a new law, but an anti-piracy scheme created by major American ISPs and it will in fact come into effect in around a month, not a year as I thought:

Because of this new policy by US-based ISPs, it is suggested to abandon any US-based filesharing services, like Mediafire.

Besides Rapidshare, which is Germany-based and which won a sentence in its favor in that country last year, therefore making its service legal (not the files), I believe Depositefiles and uploaded.to are also German services, although I believe they do have restrictions with US-ips that make then unusable for most people in the US.

There is another option that I have been using as a download user and that has worked very well. It is Russian and it might be a little complicated to register, but from what I've read and used, it seems well worthwhile:

I have also used a few Asian filehosting services that also work quite well, but I don't remember their names. I'll try to look for them.

Who knows the best (free) Asian file hostings?

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by hotman View Post
    Who knows the best (free) Asian file hostings?
    I think 115.com is the best at the moment.

Okay. I'll try it.

Thank you, realnabarl.

Onion Kid
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] is really fast and easy and free

Quote Originally Posted by imageshack View Post
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] is really fast and easy and free
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] says that IP address is located in US. Next dead man.

Onion Kid
    I use rapidgator, filefactory, and depositfiles. Some of my files on my free depositfiles account are still there after about 2 years. They stay I think for 60 or 90 days since last download.

Grand Shriner
    Depositfiles does indeed last for a long time. However, the speed is unreliable for download users. Sometimes you get great speeds, but most of the time it is quite slow for free users. I do not like FileFactory since files tend to die relatively quick and I know that it is a difficult to download from that service in some countries since it limits free slots. Rapidgator is relatively new, so it is a big unknown. Where is it based? Europe, Asia? How long do files last? How good is the speed for users in the US and outside the US?
    Let me know if the links I share don't work with a VISITOR MESSAGE in my profile (not PM). I'm willing to re-upload them, but I'll take my time to do so. I'm looking for a video-rip of the 1994 Canadian film Samurai Cowboy and an audio-rip of the album Nagai Go & Dynamic Pro no Sekai: Shin Ongaku Hen (COCC-15232/4). If you can help me with these, please contact me.

Shriner
    My MediaFire account was suspended
    Really a big shock to me, I won't recommend it anymore.
    MediaFire users really should backup the files or at lease change the file names into those won't cause problems.

Grand Shriner
    Do you know what reason MF gave you for canceling your account?

With MF not recommended and not counting multi mirror services, which are the current filesharing services that work well? The ones that I know that are free and non-US based:

How do they work for everyone else?

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by jfgslo View Post
    Do you know what reason MF gave you for canceling your account?
    My account received sevaral strike these months, and after the closest one they checked my account, finally they suspended it.
    I'm regret I didn't take enough attention on it.

匪天 (pr3y : pr4y) = symph0ny {k3yb04rd + El3c. Gu1t Orie's Avatar
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] . seems to be french stuff.

Might be better. to use it
    "For the Sake of our Heart-CORE... & ♥Juri♥"

DON'T ASK ME ABOUT LOSSLESS OR JURI KILLS YOU

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by realnabarl View Post
    My MediaFire account was suspended
    Really a big shock to me, I won't recommend it anymore.
    MediaFire users really should backup the files or at lease change the file names into those won't cause problems.
    What I like to do is, use MediaFire to store my files for free and then use the other hosts to share them. That way, I donīt have to keep buying hard drives to store my stuff. Mediafire has a habit of suspending accounts lately, so I donīt use it to share.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by NVSGamer View Post
    What I like to do is, use MediaFire to store my files for free and then use the other hosts to share them. That way, I donīt have to keep buying hard drives to store my stuff. Mediafire has a habit of suspending accounts lately, so I donīt use it to share.
    While a good alternative and very good advice, that kind of defeats the purpose of finding a good uploading site since, essentially, most file hosting services with free services allow you to keep your private files for as long as you want, you just can't share the content publicly, so that's really isn't useful for sharing albums. In that instance, it'd be better to use a multi-mirror service so that one doesn't have to do double work when uploading.