Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Rip

Symphony Orchestra Lover Andrees's Avatar
    If you guys need a hand with identifying KotOR1 and 2 tracks, I'd be glad to help. Would be also nice for me to possibly add cutscene tracks to my expanded soundtracks of them.
    Anyway I also have a complete hashlist for all the audio up to date with 1.2 patch. I also have a full rip of all the tracks from October 2011 beta build which still had track names and can easly compare the retail and beta tracks to give them their names. Not to mention some tracks were actually changed in retail, like the Main Menu Theme, so it would be good to have the beta one, don't you think? Hit me up with a PM with some means of communication if you'd like me to help out.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

That sounds great Andrees! I will let Desaren email you with contact details, you can find ym email adress in my profile I think tho

Actually, I was thinking of some quicker way of contact like MSN/Steam/Xfire or the like, email and PM are also fine though if other are out of question.

Well Desaren doesnt use any of such programs but I do mail with him quite frequently on a daily basis. I do have MSN tho and that adress is the same as my email adress as in profile

Grand Shriner
    I'm one of the people on the project, the main track identifier. I have Steam, but unfortunately will be busy most of the day. I PMed you my Steam username and a request for the beta files and hash list so I can get to work on the files as soon as I can.

LZD
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrees View Post
    If you guys need a hand with identifying KotOR1 and 2 tracks, I'd be glad to help. Would be also nice for me to possibly add cutscene tracks to my expanded soundtracks of them.
    Anyway I also have a complete hashlist for all the audio up to date with 1.2 patch. I also have a full rip of all the tracks from October 2011 beta build which still had track names and can easly compare the retail and beta tracks to give them their names. Not to mention some tracks were actually changed in retail, like the Main Menu Theme, so it would be good to have the beta one, don't you think? Hit me up with a PM with some means of communication if you'd like me to help out.
    It would be very nice of you to make the full Kotor material available for download, like I asked/posted before

SWTOR fan, I have a complete hashlist for EasyMYP extraction up to date with 1.2 which extracts files with their correct names, just like the ones you pointed out. I also have a complete rip of the beta build from October when the files were still named so I can easly compare the two and slap the beta track names onto the retail ones, making it much easier for detection.

I just hope we can get a cut of this that just features the music specifically made for this game, minus all the KOTOR1 and 2 music.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue_Ledr View Post
    I just hope we can get a cut of this that just features the music specifically made for this game, minus all the KOTOR1 and 2 music.
    That is our goal! The only exceptions we have made on this are with the Cantina tracks that featured the 2 Cantina themes from ANH and For The Republic from KOTOR considering that they are presented in the game as in-universe music. Oh and then there is a slight reworking of the original Revan theme that is also kinda new.

Onion Kid
    Hey guys, I've been following this post for a little while... The TOR soundtrack has become my absolute favorite "third-party" Star Wars music (even surpassing Xizor's Theme from SOTE). Many thanks to everyone who has put so much work into this.

I can't find the spreadsheet where you guys are updating the identified track list, though, looks like you removed the link. I'd love to see your progress (the version of the .rar I wound up with only has a few tracks sorted, and none tagged). Main reason is, I use music in my SW roleplaying game sessions, and I had the idea to give my players their own themes. So, essentially, making sure I have all the bits and pieces of each motif on hand would be awesome. If that's something you guys are willing to put up (even a non-editable list of your current progress), I'd love to see it. I doubt I've identified any that you guys haven't, but I would definitely let you know if I do!

We are making good progress at the moment and should be able to make a release soon. All I can ask is you stay patient a little longer.

Grand Shriner
    Thank you! Cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by desarenezitic View Post
    We are making good progress at the moment and should be able to make a release soon. All I can ask is you stay patient a little longer.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by desarenezitic View Post

I totally understand, thank you.

Can I bug you with this question though? There's a motif I can't place... The main bit of 239F16DC_B7173A21F0324988 (not the force theme obviously, but the first part). I would love some insight on that; I just can't remember where else that comes up.

Grand Shriner
    It's part of the Tython theme, featured in "Tython, the Wellspring" starting at 2:26 and ending about a minute later, with part of the end portion of the track overlapped with the beginning of the next track. And just as an FYI to everyone, we're planning three different releases of the soundtrack. desarenezitic/Exar's version, Andrees version, and my own version. A ringtone soundtrack release (for iPhone (and hopefully Android) will also be available soon

Onion Kid
    Link is down in the first post, any chance of reuploading ?

Grand Shriner
    guys, can anyone help me locate the orchestral music for Star Wars Kinect. It sounds amazing, possibly better than Old Republic. Any help? Or news about a release? Or a rip? Thanks!

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsten2011b View Post
    It's part of the Tython theme, featured in "Tython, the Wellspring" starting at 2:26 and ending about a minute later, with part of the end portion of the track overlapped with the beginning of the next track. And just as an FYI to everyone, we're planning three different releases of the soundtrack. desarenezitic/Exar's version, Andrees version, and my own version. A ringtone soundtrack release (for iPhone (and hopefully Android) will also be available soon

Thanks Carsten!

By the way guys, have you noticed this?

I believe there are a few pieces of the Alderaan theme that are exclusive to this track, because it's used as hold music for their customer service line. I know for certain I didn't find some of them, and I've kept pretty good tabs on the files containing this motif. Just wanted to let you know!

Hey guys,

I'm willing to help out, tried sending a PM to you desarenezitic, but oddly I can't find where to actually send them... very curious considering the amount of time I spend on forums!

A massive thanks to you for all your work on this so far.

Onion Kid
    Thanks! I can't wait for you guys to finish this!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristobalito2007 View Post
    guys, can anyone help me locate the orchestral music for Star Wars Kinect. It sounds amazing, possibly better than Old Republic. Any help? Or news about a release? Or a rip? Thanks!
    Found it somewhere, am working on tagging the tracks and trying to find some good rips of the Galactic Dance-off music. Will post here when I am done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orix View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm willing to help out, tried sending a PM to you desarenezitic, but oddly I can't find where to actually send them... very curious considering the amount of time I spend on forums!

A massive thanks to you for all your work on this so far.
    Try left clicking the name of either him or myself, you should see an option for private messaging. If that still doesnt work, email me at [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Orix...a WOTC character, once used - impressive choice of name

We need to make a community project where we all work together to properly catalogue this music for a REAL download release. One with proper tracks titles, structure and (most importanly) only has music from TOR.

We can make it happen people!

There is no need, we're working very hard on making the release and we have everything. Right now we're in phase of naming and rebuilding the tracks, patience.

Any idea when the "final" release will be posted? Just being excited here....
    You only have one life - you can make it either chicken shit or chicken salad!!

Work is progressing nicely - 2 discs are done, with work on the third starting soon. Then starts identifying the left-over files from vids made by me in-game.

In the mean time I came across some SW Kinect music on Soundcloud from an official source and decided to make that into a release with the Galactic Dance-Off tracks. With special thanks to Desaren!:

Thanks for the update.... and thanks for SW Kinect....