Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: PokÚmon Black & White Versions 2 Collaborative Gamerip

I'd rather have my hands in the grass court Sherkel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuagsireQing View Post
    I don't have that problem when I click the links, so I'm afraid I can't help there.

I've left all of the original BW tracks in the rip, since many of them still appear in BW2. In the end, I'll plan to upload a "new track rip" and a "complete rip."

What do the F's and L's stand for in the PokÚwood Scenario tracks? What's the context in which the tracks play?
    Fair enough.

The "F" and "L" were, well, taken from the internal track list. I don't actually know the context in which they play, but seeing as I found vaguely what they were, I decided to name them the most logical thing.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

4AB can be named "Deep in Team Plasma's Ship" or something along those lines.

The final showdown with Team Plasma is, to say the least, shocking. Probably the game's defining moment. A certain villain reappears, and does something considered taboo in the PokÚmon universe, leading to some great 3D cutscenes and two rather trippy battle themes.

Oh, and Black Kyurem refused my Master Ball. You find out why, but...still.

Grand Shriner
    The MP3s are now fully sorted and available for download from the opening post, so go ahead and get downloading! The full rip comprises 291 tracks, 121 of which are brand new for PokÚmon Black & White Versions 2 (these will be uploaded separately later today). There are still 46 unidentified tracks, so if you can help, please leave a post here listing the track number, current title (NTR-IREJ-JPN 00-whatever) and name of the song.

As you all help fill in the missing pieces, an update log will be kept in the opening post, so that those who have already downloaded the MP3s can simply edit their own filenames and tags.

I'd rather have my hands in the grass court Sherkel's Avatar
    Great! Hope I was of help.

Grand Shriner
    The new-track-only set is now uploaded, and can be found in the alternative downloads section of the opening post. For you Black & White Version aficionados, this collection distills the rip into only those tracks new to BW2.

Dick Dastardly in Disguise Zondekel's Avatar
    Why isn't that orchestrated arrangement of the title screen not in the track listing? You have the title, but it's not bold and says it comes from the original..

Shriner
    So how long do you think it will take before all the tracks are tagged with the correct names? We've already surpassed how long HGSS and BW took...

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zondekel View Post
    Why isn't that orchestrated arrangement of the title screen not in the track listing? You have the title, but it's not bold and says it comes from the original..
    That's the synthesized version of the title screen from the original BW. The new title screen has a streamed file that has not yet been processed as part of the rip.

Quote Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
    So how long do you think it will take before all the tracks are tagged with the correct names? We've already surpassed how long HGSS and BW took...
    That all depends on how long it takes for the community here to contribute their findings. We rely on everyone here to identify the songs through playthroughs and videos.

Dick Dastardly in Disguise Zondekel's Avatar
    I see. Are there a lot of streamed songs in the game?

Anyway, to give a few findings...
    NTR-IREJ-JPN 00-042f_mini2sf comes from BW- that "United Nations" island, I believe called Union Tower(?), where you interact with people you traded with.
    NTR-IREJ-JPN 00-04f6_mini2sf is from BW- the top of Dragonspiral Tower.

And I'm not sure (having not actually played this yet), but NTR-IREJ-JPN 00-04f4_mini2sf uses the melody from the staff credits, so it might be the "The End" track like in past games?

LFO Ace Pilot/SOS-dan 2nd Vice-Chief KusanagiShiro's Avatar
    So when will we see final composer tags on each?
    If you have a question about Ys or LUNAR, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    Once we're able to identify individual composer/arranger credits, of course. That won't be for a while.

Grand Shriner
    I see. Are there a lot of streamed songs in the game?
    The title screen is the only streamed song in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KusanagiShiro View Post
    So when will we see final composer tags on each?
    Composer tags could be added for the classic BW tracks now, which may be my next update. Full composer tags won't be added until the Super Music Complete is released.

Shriner
    NTR-IREJ-JPN 00-042f_mini2sf comes from BW- that "United Nations" island, I believe called Union Tower(?), where you interact with people you traded with.
    It's called Unity Tower. I don't really fault you for getting it wrong, because you need to trade internationally to access it.

Doesn't the 4-Disk soundtrack come out today?
    "More! Let me hear the voice of your PokÚmon!"-Prince N

Amazing music stuff. Thanks for the work. And Information for the composers: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Besucht meinen neuen Blog zu allen m÷glichen Themen!

= My Last.FM - Profile =

Onion Kid
    "gym 5", by process of elimination, is Driftveil Gym.

Quote Originally Posted by twilight-kun View Post
    Doesn't the 4-Disk soundtrack come out today?
    I wish, it's July 25th, not June.

Stellar job everyone, year after year! Especially to Quagsire, who takes the time to throw this effort together every time. Nintendo's finally realizing what the fans want (more nostalgia) and they found a great way to do it.

Shriner
    Are you living two years behind everyone else? It's 2012, not 2010.

Grand Shriner
    A brand new rip will be coming in the morning to replace the current one. The changes are substantial, so I will not include an "update" guide; please redownload it once it is hosted. The changes are as follows:

-Named several more songs
    -Added a few Black/White variations
    -Added streaming Title music (epic!)
    -Changed names of unidentified songs from hexadecimal location names to internal playlist names. These abbreviated names provide some hints as to the use of the songs.
    -Re-ordered tracks to reflect the game storage order

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by QuagsireQing View Post
    A brand new rip will be coming in the morning to replace the current one. The changes are substantial, so I will not include an "update" guide; please redownload it once it is hosted. The changes are as follows:

-Named several more songs
    -Added a few Black/White variations
    -Added streaming Title music (epic!)
    -Changed names of unidentified songs from hexadecimal location names to internal playlist names. These abbreviated names provide some hints as to the use of the songs.
    -Re-ordered tracks to reflect the game storage order
    Thanks, dude! i actually tried downloading before I saw this post, and was freaking out because the site said parts 5 and 6 of the rip didn't exist. I'll check back tomorrow.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by NelStone View Post
    Thanks, dude! i actually tried downloading before I saw this post, and was freaking out because the site said parts 5 and 6 of the rip didn't exist. I'll check back tomorrow.
    The good news is the downtime should just be overnight; the new rip will be available around 8:00 am MDT tomorrow morning.

The opening post's track list has been updated. For those of you who've already downloaded the rip, you'll notice how much more organized the new one is. There are 30 songs left to identify, and each of their in-game names is in the opening post; hopefully these clues will help us label them.

UPDATE 8:49 am MDT: Mediafire's giving me a bit of trouble at the moment. Every time my computer so much as hiccups, the upload fails. I''ll keep trying until it's successful. In the meantime, the new-tracks-only rip uploaded successfully overnight and can be downloaded from the opening post.

UPDATE 10:57 am MDT: Huzzah! The new, improved rip is now available in the opening post! Download without fear, for the only changes for the next month shall be updates to the names as you discover them (which you can adjust yourselves; a complete log of updates will be kept in the opening post).

Shriner
    If there are only 2 PokÚdex fanfares, they're likely the Unova and National PokÚdex completion themes, but no one's bothered to check yet... remember, there were six or seven PokÚdex fanfares in BW, taken directly from HGSS.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Also, the character "・" shouldn't be used in file names because it's not supported in m3u playlists.

Grand Shriner
    THANKS FOR THE 2SF FILES!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
    If there are only 2 PokÚdex fanfares, they're likely the Unova and National PokÚdex completion themes, but no one's bothered to check yet... remember, there were six or seven PokÚdex fanfares in BW, taken directly from HGSS.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Also, the character "・" shouldn't be used in file names because it's not supported in m3u playlists.
    I'm fairly certain that the two unknown PokÚdex fanfares are the completion fanfares. (The PokÚdex progress fanfares are in the rip, too, tracks 264-270.) I'll consider removing the ・ character in a future iteration, but I have never had any issues with it in my m3u playlists.

Shriner
    You use a different encoding than I do, I guess.

Grand Shriner
    A bit disappointed by all the reused tracks that aren't even remixed, but I am loving the new tracks and remixed ones from previous regions. Really love how each gym gets its own remix of the main gym theme.

At any rate, thanks for the effort, Quag. Really appreciate it.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast