Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Pikmin 2 Original Soundtrack - Finally Completed

Grand Shriner

Pikmin 2 Original Soundtrack - Updated January 10, 2013

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

Updated on January 10, 2013 with fixed links!

Before I give you the link, please read this letter attached to each part:

This is the definitive and finally complete Pikmin 2 Original Soundtrack, compiled with blood, sweat, tears, care, and love from several different sources, all trying to make the best rip possible. This compilation of amazing songs would never have been possible if it weren't for the following sources:

slippyToad - ripped 95% of the tracks from this in 2011; member of forums.ffshrine.org
    His rip can be found here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

cylex7 / Zorglorfian - ripped 4% of the tracks from this in 2012, compiled and retagged slippyToad's rip, adding some of Joe-Wiewel's songs; member of forums.ffshrine.org, gamingforce.org, and pikminlegendsreturns.proboards.com
    His Youtube Channel can be found here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Joe-Wiewel - ripped 1% of the tracks from this in 2006; member of forums.ffshrine.org and gamingforce.org
    His rip can be found here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Blue_Kirby - uploaded the above rip in 2006; member of forums.ffshrine.org and gamingforce.org
    His upload can be found here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Ymmot392 / samoht392 - a youtuber and forumgoer who ripped and compiled the song variations in the game on his Youtube Channel in 2009 (thus giving names to several songs in this rip) as well as helping find Totaka's Song in Pikmin 2; member of forums.ffshrine.org and pikminlegendsreturns.proboards.com
    His youtube channel can be found here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

LexIgnis - member of forums.ffshrine.org who compiled a list of tracks whose names were too long, allowing a fix to be made.

KingSlimeKnight - member of forums.ffshrine.org who renamed several tracks that were too long in the "Pikmin 2 OST Fixes" portion of the rip, as well as providing an upload file linking to them in .exe format.

Nintendo - The company that started it all. They were originally were a card company, and they are now a gaming giant.
    Support them by buying their games or by going to: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shigeru Miyamoto - The creator of the Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Star Fox, and of course, Pikmin series of games. Without his genius we would have never seen such a diverse and colorful group of characters come to life on any screen.

Hajime Wakai and Kazumi Totaka - Two brilliant and wonderful composers who have worked under the Nintendo name for several years.

Please support all of the above people if you can. Their efforts in the video game world only grow stronger and better through positive fan support.

To all of the forumgoers, Youtubers, Let's Players, and others who have spread the word of the Pikmin series to others, without your support, we may not have seen the series come to the WiiU. This is for you.

- cylex7 / Zorglorfian

Tracklist:
    Spoiler!

Links:

Folder: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Just in case that doesn't work...

Tracklist: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Part 1: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 2: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 3: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 4: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 5: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 6: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 7: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 8: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 9: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 10: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thank you and enjoy! (Reups are permitted, so please ask!)

NOTE: There are some tracks that have a slight hiss in the background. I have tried to fix them but to no avail. If anyone with editing expertise could fix these, it would be greatly appreciated and I shall add your name to the Letter in the files. Thank you!
    Last edited by Zorglorfian; 01-22-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Link doesn't work; you have to click the actions menu (the gear) next to your link/folder and select "copy link".

Grand Shriner
    Thanks! The link is fixed!

Wow! Thanks, man!

Grand Shriner
    Thank you very much!

And thanks to everyone that also contributed greatly, and in any way~.

Grand Shriner
    thank you, zorglo, for apparently wrapping this up

Onion Kid
    on Zip file Part 5, i got an error in WinRar. it says:

Cannot create Tracks 210 - 260\252 Got a Boss' Treasure! (Dream Material Obtained _ Forged Courage Obtained _ Justice Alloy Obtained _ Stellar Orb Obtained _ Brute Knuckles Obtained _ Repugnant Appendage Obtained _ Amplified Amplifier Obtained _ Professional Noisemaker Obtained).mp3
    Total path and file name length must not exceed 260 characters

it says that track #252's file name is too long. it cannot be unzipped. can you fix this?

Shriner
    impressive.

hot thx

Onion Kid
    this is actually not compete, and i knwo that you spent a very long time creating this and i dont mean to criticize.
    missing tracks are the wistful wild near sundown tracks and the mystic marsh set.

Grand Shriner
    Reuploading them as we speak; I parred down the Boss Treasure name and switched up some files in part 8, fixing some tags. ALL of the Wistful Wild tracks and the Mystic Marsh tracks are there, I assure you. Thank you for your concerns.

Onion Kid
    thank you so very much. mysitc marsh is my favourite set.

So is it more complete than the last version of Slippy Toad's Rip? And has it all?
    My Precious Collections:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

A Power Which Cannot Be Destroyed

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by _Marth_ View Post
    So is it more complete than the last version of Slippy Toad's Rip? And has it all?
    Yes. Even Totaka's song and the Pikmin singing. I also reripped some tracks with other variations mixed in, so that's fixed. Download away!

If anything else is messed up (which I feel like it is...) feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

EDIT: DON'T DOWNLOAD THE RIP! I'M REFORMATTING THE TAGS ENTIRELY. GIVE ME A DAY OR SO FROM SEPT 15 AND A WAAAAAAAY BETTER RIP WILL BE IN STORE (I FOUND FOUR NEW SONGS!!!). THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND YOUR PATIENCE.

- ZORG
    Last edited by Zorglorfian; 09-15-2012 at 01:18 AM.
    Eclipse42 likes this.

Onion Kid
    I don't mean to nag or anything, but what's the situation on the newer, better rip? It's been a while since the 15th. :P

Regardless, I'm very thankful for the rip you provided in the original post. I can tell a lot of hard work and dedication went into compiling it.

Grand Shriner
    It's coming soon. I need to retag a bunch of things and figure out on how to make track titles smaller on the mp3 titles in the rars. If anyone knows how to, this would greatly speed things up. Sorry, bus school and life is taking precedence over this for a bit. Give me a week or so. Thanks everyone! I'll also probably make an entirely new topic...

Onion Kid
    i cant seem to find the hot house tracks, im expecting those to come out in the better rip though. also, will you link the new rip in this thread when it is done? thx.

Grand Shriner
    Reuploaded the new stuff! Enjoy the music!

nimajneb74000 - The Hot House tracks I renamed, among others. Everything is in there. I triple-checked.

Thanks, all!

Grand Shriner
    thank you again for the effort and the PMs

Grand Shriner
    fwiw, you are aware that some filesystems (i.e. the default one on windows 7, for instance) have a problem with very long file names like yours? some of your filenames are so long i need to move the stuff over to linux first and shorten it although my prefix for the location is just some two dozen characters long...
    (I already got a zombie file from some ratchet bootleg that I could not get rid of even through the command line, and I'd spare other people the hassle.)

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by radliff View Post
    fwiw, you are aware that some filesystems (i.e. the default one on windows 7, for instance) have a problem with very long file names like yours? some of your filenames are so long i need to move the stuff over to linux first and shorten it although my prefix for the location is just some two dozen characters long...
    (I already got a zombie file from some ratchet bootleg that I could not get rid of even through the command line, and I'd spare other people the hassle.)
    Is there any wa I can truncate the names beforehand? I once downloaded a soundtrack that only said "Track 01, Track 02" etc. and when I dragged it into iTunes the full track names started showing up in the application. Anyone know how I can do that?

Onion Kid
    I don't have 339-380, only got 428 songs out of supposedly 470. Was it a miscount or just not uploaded in part 7?

I think that the information in the parentheses in the title and the name of the mp3 file should all just be in one document file or in the comment of the mp3, but it seems like the comment has the hex code for the song or something, but I rather have my music files without much excess information on it when I'm just going to listen to it. It might be quite handy for some, but again, Windows hates long file names. I had to install a third party program to change the title in order to play it.

Good luck with fixing this issue.

Grand Shriner
    Fixed all of the issues! Sorry for the wait, everyone! Enjoy!

- Zorg

Onion Kid
    #415 sounds exactly like #411, it's missing the Pikmin chanting: "Olimar". Some songs has horrible static, but besides that, I really want to get all the songs. I might never get my complete Pikmin 2 OST in time before 12/21/12...jk, but seriously, I might not. Please fix this.

I also had "fun" with renaming practically all of the songs on Linux, took me almost 3 hours.

Hey, nice work putting together this compilation, thanks to everyone involved! About 8-10 songs total had names that were too long, will list them here for ease of fixing:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 7

Part 9

Part 10

*456 and 457 were too long as well, but it let me rename those

For reference, I am running Win 7 64 bit.

But overall, am quite pleased. This took a lot of effort to put together, and I, at least, am very grateful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast