Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Fatbag
  • 1 Post By Jessie

Thread: a note on reposting others links

Sarah

a note on reposting others links

don't do it. it's rude and it discourages the people that actually take the time money and energy to buy, rip, tag, upload and post new soundtracks here.

if you want to post mirrors to alternate sites, at the very least post them in the original rippers thread. even then, it'd be nice if you followed the wishes of the original uploader

I ♡ DanceDanceRevolution™ Neo_Chip's Avatar
    Agreed.

Although realistically it's not something that can be avoided completely, just minimized.

EVERYONE EVERYWHERE NEEDS TO SEE THIS BUT MOSTLY JUST CHICAGO1 AND POSSIBLY EVEN KONIO. I'M SORRY ABOUT THE ALL-CAPS; MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS NOT IN FACT BROKEN BUT I'M TYPING LIKE THIS FOR EMPHASIS.
    In search of: 2012, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Shawshank Redemption, Chronicles of Narnia. Nothing to trade for now.

Making the world a better place...for Mankind... docrate1's Avatar
    I agree. And it tends to mess up any kind of search. Or to incite people to thank the wrong uploader...

"And exactly how many times did he fall out the window ?"

pigs in my attic everywhere helozx's Avatar
    Can an exception be made if the original thread was deleted?
    Currently I'm trying to track down some links that were posted in this forum ages ago and can't find the source threads.

Onion Kid
    In my own opinion, demanding attribution is pretty selfish. If you truly cared about the final quality of your work, you would put your pride on the product, not the labels to the side of it, and let your users do what they want with it. There's nothing I'm more proud of than seeing a new torrent of mine get hundreds of seeds, not sharing it because I'm an internet celebrity like Axxo, but because they're naturally driven to share it.

And there's nothing I'd be more disappointed about than seeing my work disappear in 30 days of inactivity. Spread the damn love.

I'm Really Feeling It! Monado_Buster's Avatar
    Would it be okay if I were to link to a file upload from someone who isn't a member here, then, and just credited the work to them?

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Don't forget to like, rep, or say thanks if one of my uploads satisfies you!

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    Yus.
    harryr likes this.

What if someone is requesting an OST and you post the thread link to the download of the original poster, and not just the download, is that okay?
    My brother and I compose classical and modern music, please check out our portfolio below if you're interested.

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn

Grand Shriner
    that should being fine. it is only when taking another release, making new thread like your own, and posting with not your link.

if reposting already uploaded (different host etc), it is best for putting in original thread as mirror.
    Pixar Cast and Crew CD Thread - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

wish-
    august rush score (flac)
    16 Days of Glory (flac)
    i robot ost (flac)