Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: NES Game Music (in full stereo) [direct host]

Onion Kid
    Great Post BTW.
    What i still can't get is: how come a game such as Captain Tsubasa II: Super Striker, which has probably the best SFX and Music ever heard on a NES (with Megaman's permission) isn't available in mp3?
    In order to hear the music, i gotta plug a NES emu for PSX on my PS2; isn't there a way to "record" the tracks and then getting into mp3? Cuz i saw a NSF extension file with this game's SFX and Music, but... i dunno.

Master of things easily mastered

Exclamation No more 7-zip and 6.5.0-Tunes UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiris View Post
    Is there anyway to put these in a RAR format? I can't unzip these with a Mac because it doesn't recognize the file and turns it into a .txt file.
    Thanks for bringing this up. I have not gotten any feedback from Mac users so I was not aware. I can't do RAR unfortunately (I am a Linux user) but can use standard zip file. I was using 7-zip for awhile because it had the best filesize compression, but now it seems zip is about the same and is more compatible.

Currently, all the archives of mp3 albums in this thread have been converted from "7z" to "zip". Hope this helps people.
    The website will be updated later with zip files also.

In the meantime, enjoy this new entry...

Snake's Revenge - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by sirkrozz View Post
    isn't there a way to "record" the tracks and then getting into mp3? Cuz i saw a NSF extension file with this game's SFX and Music, but... i dunno.
    As long as the NSF file for a game exists, it can be converted to mp3. Unfortunately, the problem that I've found when trying to convert already available NSFs is that most of them are incomplete. This is why it took so long to get 'Twin Cobra' finished and the reason why I still haven't done Rush 'n Attack, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, and Zen: Intergalactic Ninja because of missing songs.
    (Note to NSF rippers: BE COMPLETE!)

I will look in to what is available.

Quote Originally Posted by TeknoBlade View Post
    The website is for sale, so I doubt we'll be getting anything more from ZEN.
    LAWLWUTT?
    Check out [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - NES music rips in full stereo!

Onion Kid
    your a gem!

Arrow 6.5.0-Tunes UPDATE!

Newly added:

Rygar - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The music from the game about the man and his yo-yo of destruction is finally here.

Interesting thing about Rygar is that most of the songs only use the two squarewave channels for the entire composition (just like 'Twin Cobra'). It's well done considering how limited the sound actually was.

Unfortunately I was not able to find out the NES composer's name (I found the C64 version's music author though). I just listed it as "Tecmo Sound". If anyone can confirm who did Rygar for NES, please let me know.

What a horrible night to have a curse. Mr Muay Thai's Avatar

Lightbulb

omg Thanks for Rygar!

Shriner
    This is great stuff. Is there any chance you could do Double Dragon 2? That game has some of the best NES music I've heard.

Mr Z.e.n. I recently checked out your tracks for the legend of zelda, and noticed something. There's one track missing: Its the tune played when you rescue Zelda after defeating Ganon.

Arrow 6.5.0-Tunes UPDATE!

BattleToads - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Notoriously challenging game that features the music of Rare composer David Wise.
    And just for fun, here's a [Hidden link. Register to see links.] set to the song "FunkyTown".

Double Dragon II: The Revenge - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Finally got it.

Karnov - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Perfect music for fat, bald communist fire-breathers.

There's one track missing: Its the tune played when you rescue Zelda after defeating Ganon.
    Thanks for the observation. I was thinking it was the same tune as the "Triforce" one. I will look into this further. It was difficult getting the "Found a Secret" melody because it wasn't in any current NSF rips, so I am guessing the same is true for the missing song.

I'm DA PRETTY ROCKER!!!!! Qqqqqqwe's Avatar
    Thanks for Double Dragon II! Currently listening!

BounTy HunteR Zero X BTHR_Zero_X's Avatar
    This is a Fatastic collection you have done wonders my friend 5 star work
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    Nice work, the ones I've heard so far are pretty good!

Thanks for the observation. I was thinking it was the same tune as the "Triforce" one. I will look into this further. It was difficult getting the "Found a Secret" melody because it wasn't in any current NSF rips, so I am guessing the same is true for the missing song.
    I'm glad to help. I wondered what was missing from the tracks and found out by accident. If you're unable to find the nsf file for it, I'll be willing to share an audio rip from a youtube clip. Also, the tune in question sounds similar to the Palace Clear tune from Zelda II.

NSF = No Sound Found

Quote Originally Posted by Rock-X View Post
    If you're unable to find the nsf file for it, I'll be willing to share an audio rip from a youtube clip. Also, the tune in question sounds similar to the Palace Clear tune from Zelda II.
    Much appreciated. If all else fails, an audio clip of any kind would do. It's all about "completeness" (and upstaging any of the OST's).
    I also like that sound effect after Gannon is destroyed. Would be great to add that too.
    I can get them, but it would probably mean playing through to the end of 'Legend of Zelda' and logging the sound. Time-consuming, but playing that game certainly isn't a bad way to spend time.

EDIT: "Your welcome" to all of the previous posts.

Since time is running short for me, I decided to share the rip, and here's the link:
    This is the missing tune from Zelda I. Please enjoy everyone.

Shriner
    You are the fucking best for doing DDII. Thanks so much.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Z.E.N View Post
    As long as the NSF file for a game exists, it can be converted to mp3. Unfortunately, the problem that I've found when trying to convert already available NSFs is that most of them are incomplete. This is why it took so long to get 'Twin Cobra' finished and the reason why I still haven't done Rush 'n Attack, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, and Zen: Intergalactic Ninja because of missing songs.
    (Note to NSF rippers: BE COMPLETE!)
    And what about the case of NES Games that have a Sound Test incorporated? Isn't a way (or the proper programs) to do it?
    Thanks in advance for answerin' this one.

Thanks, but can you also do Blaster Master & Mega Man?

Arrow 6.5.0-Tunes semi-UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by Rock-X View Post
    Since time is running short for me, I decided to share the rip, and here's the link:
    This is the missing tune from Zelda I. Please enjoy everyone.
    Good job on this. I also credited/thanked you [Hidden link. Register to see links.].
    It's been added to the archive as track 09 - Final Victory.
    I've taken this song and remastered it so the volume is level with the other Zelda tracks and added a faux stereo effect so it shouldn't sound too out-of-place.

I could be wrong, but this might be the first ever 100% complete 'Legend of Zelda' soundtrack. So enjoy!

Legend of Zelda - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

---

Also made changes to the 'Bionic Commando' rips. The tracks have been renamed to mirror their titles from the latest OST of 'Bionic Commando ReArmed'.

Bionic Commando - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The music and arrangement is the same, just new titles for better reference.

---

Quote Originally Posted by sirkrozz View Post
    And what about the case of NES Games that have a Sound Test incorporated? Isn't a way (or the proper programs) to do it?
    Sound Tests are nice but no longer necessary for actual music ripping. They may be helpful if they contain song titles (like 'Ninja Gaiden II') but most most music can be ripped straight from the NES ROM's sound data. The problem is that not all audio can be obtained because some games used raw data sampling. However, I am on a mission to fix this.

Onion Kid

Ok then; the link above goes straight to CTII; let's see if something other than recording the Sound Test can be done. I hope it will. Anyone that could've had the chance to play this game knows its music is awesome.

Mr Z.e.n., thank you for taking this gift of mine and making it better. It was an honor to help you out. If there's anything else that might help out, I'll be there.

Oh fantastic man! I tell ya I can never get enough of listening to NES Music! Double Dragon II ftw!
    Thank you!

thanks

I have four very easy requests: Balloon Fight, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., and Donkey Kong 3. Thanks in advance.

Onion Kid
    Zen, I gotta hand it to you what you have done is brillant I have managed to find some NES game music but it's in mono 99 percent of the time and it can hurt your ears depending on the quality of the rip. Also, the NES is just about the only system left where the majority of the game soundtracks just aren't out there really and certainly not of this quality. I had a chance to listen to Gremlins 2, Journey to Silius and the Mega Man stuff you have up and the quality of those is EXCELLENT! They really all are in Stereo.

Can I make a request please? If you cannot do it for a while I understand, I'm used to waiting for stuff so waiting is no biggy for me. Can you please do:

The Adventures of Lolo 3
    Kirby's Adventure
    Tiny Toon Adventures
    Tiny Toon Adventures 2

Thank you for all of this and keep up the great work.

Pat Sajak
    Ice Hockey has some of the best music of any NES game; could you please do that one? Thank you.