Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: NES Game Music (in full stereo) [direct host]

thanks again for doing all of these ZEN, your job on Ninja Gaiden made it my fav soundtrack of all time.

Master of things easily mastered

Cool 6.5.0.Tunes UPDATE!

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Here is 'Blaster Master' done in 6.5.0.Tunes style.
    This was the first game that accomplished Sunsoft composer Naoki Kodaka worked on. It's good stuff.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaguydan View Post
    thanks again for doing all of these ZEN, your job on Ninja Gaiden made it my fav soundtrack of all time.
    Fun fact: The music for 'Ninja Gaiden' for NES was the first that made me appreciate video game soundtracks (as posted here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]).
    I still have my old cassettes where I used to hold my tape recorder up to the TV and play all the songs in sound test mode. Sound quality and recording technology is much better now though.
    Even with all the fancy new game soundtracks, Ninja Gaiden for NES still remains among my all-time favorites.

Great work!! Thanks for Blaster Master!

D-Proto <<Real Nickname werwerwer's Avatar
    Thanks!!
    Hey Zen,can you make Batman 2 soundtrack plz??? =D
    I love some tracks from that game

Shiznittle-bam-snip-snap-sack shwanzi's Avatar
    For some reason a couple of the soundtracks, namely Ninja Gaiden II and Blaster Master, won't upload into my iTunes. Is there a reason for this?

Quote Originally Posted by shwanzi View Post
    For some reason a couple of the soundtracks, namely Ninja Gaiden II and Blaster Master, won't upload into my iTunes. Is there a reason for this?
    The soundtracks are too awesome for your ipod
    Thats why they get rejected.

Exclamation 6.5.I.Tunes

I don't know how this works. Is iTunes a website or is it a device (iPod?) that you trying to put them on?
    The files are just MP3s. Don't know why they wouldn't work.
    However, I did use a slightly different encoding method for the newer stuff. Ninja Gaiden II, Snow Bros., Street Fighter 2010, HeroQuest, and Blaster Master are the ones that use the newer method. The only difference is that I made them using a plug-in with my sound editor that creates MP3s straight from the WAV file, instead of having to convert them separately with LAME encoder.
    Not sure how/why this would be causing any problems.

I also use Windows Media Player to add a box cover for album art because (for some unknown reason) it won't show up when I try to add it with EasyTag.

Maybe that's causing it?
    Any one else with an iPod want to confirm? Or is it iTunes?

Maybe iTunes is jealous of 6.5.0.Tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by werwerwer View Post
    Hey Zen,can you make Batman 2 soundtrack plz???
    If you mean 'Batman: Return of the Joker', then yes that's definitely on standby. It's another Kodaka (Sunsoft) soundtrack.
    I'm trying to space out the different artists for now, but it will definitely be coming soon.

I see what you mean, but your terminology might be confusing people. What you meant to say is that you can't import them into your iTunes library. I tried it also. They seem to import but then are nowhere to be found. I transcoded in foobar with the LAME encoder and then imported (just as a test) into iTunes and it worked just fine. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work in the first place either, and transcoding isn't the best solution as it might goof up the files a bit. ZEN---Maybe go back to your earlier method as it looks like your tagging program had problems recognizing the files also?

Quote Originally Posted by jakob.nelson View Post
    I transcoded in foobar with the LAME encoder
    Where can I find this?

Get [Hidden link. Register to see links.] . You also need the [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. Get version 3.98.2, the best current version. Just put the plugin in your foobar components folder (wherever you installed foobar), open the mp3s (in foobar), select what you want to convert, right-click, hit convert "..." , tell it where you want it to save and in what format, and there you go.

Alternatively, there must be something goofy with those files, Z.E.N.

Onion Kid
    Z.E.N, I have to compliment you on the awesome work you've done here. These sound absolutely fantastic, and to echo what some have said, better than some official releases. Hats off to you.

If you're taking requests, can I request Jackal, Gradius, Gradius II, Life Force, Monster Party and Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti? A lot, I know, but as I know these take time to do and others have requested before me, I'm in no rush.

For everyone that's having trouble uploading some of these into iTunes, I experienced the same issue with Ninja Gaiden II (Blaster Master worked just fine). My solution was to burn the OST onto a CD using Express Burn (although I'm sure any music CD creation program would work just fine) and rip it directly into iTunes after that. I had to completely rename the tracks, but it worked.

jakob.nelson, thanks! That worked like a charm!

Grand Shriner
    These just sound absolutely superior, thank you so much, it must take a bit of work. In particular I was really happy to get the Castlevania soundtracks because the official 'Famicom' Best is not the famicom versions at all but instead the Disc Drive sounds (of 2 and 3). They're interesting, but these are the sounds we grew up with. Serious thanks.

Since you've got SF 2010, Strider and Bionic Commando up, does that mean there's a possibility to see Nemo the Dream Master, Mighty Final Fight, Legendary Wings or Gunsmoke in the future? Just wondering.

Anyone who wants my now unneeded Dracula Famicom best CD can have it for free...if you can come get it from Okayama City

thanks for bionic commando

May I request the soundtracks for Esper Dream and Esper Dream 2: New Fight? Thanks much in advance!

Cool 6.5.0.Tunes UPDATE!

More great music from the Sunsoft sound team. Just like their other works, this has an amazing bass sound for NES.

---

Also I think I found the problem with the iTunes thing. There were illegal characters in the ID3 tags caused by my faulty tagging app. I installed a new one to use and fixed up the older rips. I don't have a way to test this though because I don't use iTunes/iPods, so I hope it's alright now.

Quote Originally Posted by shimasterc View Post
    Since you've got SF 2010, Strider and Bionic Commando up, does that mean there's a possibility to see Nemo the Dream Master, Mighty Final Fight, Legendary Wings or Gunsmoke in the future? Just wondering.
    I believe those are all Tamiya's compositions for Capcom. There seems to be a lot of requests for those, so they are definitely in the works.

I also want as many of the Famicom expansion audio games as possible (like 'Esper Dreams'). I already have 'Lagrange Point' and want to finish 'Madara'. Problem is that these games are a nightmare to arrange because they're not in English and I can't play through them.

Maybe I missed it ZEN, but have you got Astyanax?

Frequent lurker, since '05 degameth's Avatar
    This is a cool thread. If it's not too much, I'll put in a request for Final Fantasy III.

Thank you very much for all these, Z.E.N! My music library has expanded a rather significant amount.

Nice
    Thanks Zen! for batman 2
    glad you took out my request in consideration.

New song!

A little something extra...

Many of you might be familiar with the song "Bad Apple!!", which was featured in this great Touhou silhouette animation video:

It seems someone has made a Famicom demo that plays the animation in monochrome graphics. You can find that demo here:
    (Unzip the .nes file and play it in a NES emulator to see it.)

Of course, they also did the song in actual Nintendo Sound Format, so here it is as a bonus MP3 (in stereo, of course).

[Hidden link. Register to see links.][Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Enjoy the apple (bad or otherwise).

Number one music fan!
    thanks

Grand Shriner
    Converting NES music to mp3 format is a very time-consuming process (anywhere from 3-5 hours per game ST). Please be patient as I will try to fill all requests when possible.

Just run it through NotSoFatso or whatever NSF emu you use and adjust the ST panning however you want...you really don't have to mix the channles manually.

Grand Shriner
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aganar View Post
    I thought you were recording directly from an NES, which would sound a bit better.

No. It would sound worse. I would be recording from an straight analog source with a minor chance of interference.
    Some of these were recorded straight from the system and sounded horrible (that's why I redid 'Batman' using the NSF method).

There is nothing wrong with NSFs. They sound about 99.7% accurate to the original console sound and about 45% better. Trust me, I would not even bother to do this if the NSFs weren't faithful to the original sound. All the games I've done sound authentic.

First off you are not making "digital" copies from NSF, they are analog wavs using your sound card. They aren't recording at 1x nor do you have any control over the levels, but there's no advantage to it - if anything it's not as good since you don't have control over your input levels.

Secondly if you are trying to preserve the NES sound (i.e. not remix or enhance) you would use the NSF player and a flash cart that supports it like the NES PowerPak.

You can listen to some of my Hardware NES music, it's mono but we did EQ it and add some ST Reverb: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I can't agree with NES Hardware being worse (just more difficult to do - requires more time) and mono mix also being worse. It's better to leave it mono and enhance it (or just leave it pure) then it is to remix it in ST....though a lot of OST did but doesn't mean it's better.

b7
    How making sets for Super Mario Bros 3 and Total Recall.