Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: need volunteers for gh <3

Sarah

need volunteers for gh <3

i'm working on gh quite a bit now. need volunteers to help with a few tasks. they primarily fall into two categories:

1) stuff for people who like to write, and can write reasonably well 2) stuff for overly OCD folks who want to help organize our library

in more detail:

game series descriptions: we now have category pages on gh, for example, "mario music." we're looking for a volunteer (or multiple, if one can't handle it) to write a paragraph or two about each game series. should probably mention when it came out, who composed most of the soundtracks, any other names for the series (ie bioharzard for resident evil, etc) and talk about notable releases within the series. you don't need to know all this off the top of your head-- you'll prolly have to google a decent bit of it.

organizing our library: new additions: i've got 500gb+ of music to be added to gh. while i'm doing what i can to sort it it isn't the easiest thing in the world and i'm sure i'm missing some stuff. i would give you a list of the new additions and you'd go through it looking for soundtracks with missing tracks, with messed up names, and dupes (either local or because it's already on gh).

categorizing existing content: i plan on adding categorization options to gh with advanced features, but to begin with it's going to just be "anime/jpop" and "vgm." i'd give you a list of current music on gh in an excel file and you'd note which it is, for all 6,500 or so of our albums.

mass download accounts on gh will be given as a small thanks for the help. this is likely going to be a LOT of work, probably dozens of hours for most of these tasks. let me know if you're interested, but please only reply if you're really confident you'd be able to do this. people that flake out just waste both of our time.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    I might be able to help, at least partly, with the "categorizing existing content".

Though it'll probably be some time in December as I've got classes galore.
    :/

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Maybe a good way to do this is to have certain people work on certain game companies? For example, I'd be able to organize and categorize stuff made by Capcom, as I'm a huge Capcom whore and have a pretty huge folder dedicated to just Capcom releases. But for say, Atlus or Nintendo games, it might require a lot more work as I don't get a whole lot of stuff from those companies.

Nevertheless, I'd be willing to help out, as long as it's not the entire bulk of the database alone. lol
    Playstation 3 Network ID: MapleStory

Onion Kid
    I wouldn't mind helping; though I will only really be able to start my help around the end of this month (Exams and what not )
    I can handle categorising or writing those game summaries

you should do a game review section.. i would do that

Unlimited Retro-Hardcore Gamer Number 1 sigma62's Avatar
    Very interesting but the problem my english language is bad!
    Sorry for my wrong English!

Onion Kid
    I'd be willing to help, in Dec. though, college classes have hit me hard this term. I'd be willing to help with both organizing new additions, and catagorizing existing content.

I can help in categorizing or organising. My english isn't perfect so I'd rather not write descriptions.
    For more soundtracks, visit this place

your skin looks so warm TeknoBlade's Avatar
    Edit: nvm =\
    Old guys naked [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Check out my VGM Podcast - PixelTunes Radio! ruiner9's Avatar
    I know I'm not an active poster here, even though I've been lurking since '07, but I'd love to work on some game series descriptions. I consider myself a fairly decent writer, and a stickler for grammar, so I can guarantee you'd receive some quality work, and not something plagiarized from Wikipedia. I think I'd need a little guidance to get me started, and I don't know if I'd be able to get the whole project done very quickly (two kids and a full-time job take up a lot of time,) but I wouldn't mind sharing the workload with others if it's deemed a necessity. Please let me know if you're interested, and what I can do to help!

P.S.I.entology zealot Kreachure's Avatar
    Hi, I may not be a regular, but I can barely put into words how grateful I am for GH and these forums. I am more than willing to help you Sarah, with anything you need; and I am able to start as soon as it is needed. Just say the word, and I'll get to it! (I should mention that my English is top-notch, so I can help with writing; but I'm not bad at organizing or using Excel either! )

Onion Kid
    Maybe a good way to do this is to have certain people work on certain game companies? For example, I'd be able to organize and categorize stuff made by Capcom, as I'm a huge Capcom whore and have a pretty huge folder dedicated to just Capcom releases. But for say, Atlus or Nintendo games, it might require a lot more work as I don't get a whole lot of stuff from those companies.

Nevertheless, I'd be willing to help out, as long as it's not the entire bulk of the database alone. lol

Making the world a better place...for Mankind... docrate1's Avatar
    I'm willing to give a hand on series descriptions. I'm no expert, but It'll make for interesting searching.

"And exactly how many times did he fall out the window ?"

<That was fucking poetry> cooljacker's Avatar
    Categorizing existing content - yeah, why not, only a suggestion: would it be maybe better if one person works on certain letters, other on different ones and so on? I may do content that starts with A, B and C, other dude D, E, F or any combination you may find better?
    No reuploads so please fuck off.

Onion Kid
    Alrighty, my exams and other annoying stuffs is over; I've got 3 months of pure blissful freedom to type up walls of text/ organising. I'm ready to go!

Making the world a better place...for Mankind... docrate1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cooljacker View Post
    Categorizing existing content - yeah, why not, only a suggestion: would it be maybe better if one person works on certain letters, other on different ones and so on? I may do content that starts with A, B and C, other dude D, E, F or any combination you may find better?
    A good idea, indeed.

id love to help
    If trouble doesn't find me, I'll find it!

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by KG204 View Post
    I'd be willing to help, in Dec. though, college classes have hit me hard this term. I'd be willing to help with both organizing new additions, and catagorizing existing content.
    With that stuff done, ready and willing. Just let me know!

I am often busy, but will consider this once I know what my shedule is in the near future.

Shriner
    Ill do this
    game series descriptions: we now have category pages on gh, for example, "mario music." we're looking for a volunteer (or multiple, if one can't handle it) to write a paragraph or two about each game series. should probably mention when it came out, who composed most of the soundtracks, any other names for the series (ie bioharzard for resident evil, etc) and talk about notable releases within the series. you don't need to know all this off the top of your head-- you'll prolly have to google a decent bit of it.

Onion Kid
    I've got lots of free time for the next few months so I'm willing to help with all of this, but most of all the organizing tasks because I'm one of those OCD types. LOL.

Onion Kid
    I know GH for a long time, and want to retribute for all soundtracks I've downloaded since (almost all my collection, just to say). Just say the word.
    Want to work on "organizing our library: new additions".

Shriner
    I know this might sound noobish but what is GH?

Quote Originally Posted by unrealmaster287 View Post
    I know this might sound noobish but what is GH?
    being the noob that I am, I'd say Galbadia Hotel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast