Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: My lil' ol' soundtrack thread

Grand Shriner

My lil' ol' soundtrack thread

Thought I'd contribute some soundtracks of my own. Sure, some of the stuff here may be available in other threads, but I'm really trying to focus on some of the more obscure soundtracks that I haven't seen available anywhere else after extensive searching (at least in MP3 format, anyway). I think you guys will find these soundtracks quite interesting. So, without further ado:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Chippoke Ralph no Daibouken (PS1): [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]*

Garouden Breakblow: Fist or Twist (PS2): [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure Extended Tracks: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Nayuta no Kiseki Extended Tracks (PSP): [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Sion II: The First Attack (X68000): [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] **[Hidden link. Register to see links.]**

Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (GC): [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Extended Tracks (PSP): [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Extended Tracks (PSP): [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Ys I & II Chronicles Extended (PSP): [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Ys II Special (MS-DOS): [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Ys Seven Extended Tracks (PSP): [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Ys: The Oath in Felghana Extended Tracks (PSP): [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Of course, I'll periodically update this post with whatever new soundtracks I have.
    Last edited by MarvelB; 07-02-2015 at 05:07 PM.

thanks!!!
    TZEECH

Shriner
    Well it's a good effort but all the links died. I'll search elsewhere, or you can PM me if you ever reupload.

Grand Shriner
    Hey guys, it's been a long time, but I finally resurrected this thread! Unfortunately, the links I originally had in the first post were long dead, but they've been replaced, as you can see (with new ones added in, as well)! I also did away with listing the soundtracks by console and merely went with an alphabetical order instead. Now, I'm gonna try to update this thread a bit more often from now on, as I'm always on the hunt for awesome, obscure VGM.....

Anyways, of the soundtracks listed in the updated links, the newest ones I've discovered were the Kekkaishi and Mahjong soundtracks, both for the NDS. The Mahjong one is seriously some good stuff..... it almost sounds more like the type of music you'd hear in an early Sonic game, which I found rather surprising. It actually has an [Hidden link. Register to see links.] interestingly enough, but unfortunately I don't have any way to identify the track names at this time (and I think the OST lacks the jingles too, since that has 10 tracks compared to the rip's 19).

The Kekkaishi soundtrack is a sweet one as well, without a doubt..... as it well should be, seeing it was done by Ayako Saso and Yousuke Yasui of SuperSweep fame. Lots of rockin' oriental-style goodness to be found here! However, since I haven't played the game myself, I was once again unable to identify the tracks and had to settle with generic track names instead. Nonetheless, this is a highly recommended one!

Be on the lookout for some more good stuff here in the near future....

Grand Shriner
    I do believe it's time for an update, that I do!

-So in this SNES-centered update we first have the Go Go Ackman trilogy of games, which were based on a short manga from Dragonball creator Akira Toriyama. Basically, it involved the adventures of the titular Ackman (a devil kid who also happens to be a noseless Trunks lookalike), whose job is to gather human souls in order to feed Satan for cash rewards. Yeah..... it's pretty easy to see why these games never made it outside of Japan, heh. XD It also didn't help that one of the main antagonists in the third game was some goofy angel biker policeman who actually had the hots for our (anti)hero.....

Anyways, for the most part the music is pretty whimsical, but my personal favorite soundtrack of the three is definitely the first one, which has some rockin' tunes that are a bit reminiscent of the Mega Man X games. Give 'em a download for yourselves and see which soundtrack you prefer!

-Next up is something a bit more obscure than the above-mentioned trilogy: Nekketsu Tairiku Burning Heroes, an RPG that, while published by Enix, was actually developed by a much lesser-known company called J-Force. From what I can gather (haven't really played much of the game myself, see), it's an RPG that shares a trait with Square's Romancing SaGa series and Live-A-Live in which the main party has their own separate stories before eventually banding together. The game already has a translation available for this game (and quite an excellent one, might I add), so check it out if you can!

As for the music, this is definitely a must-listen. There's lots of rockin' stuff to be had here, that's for sure! Another thing that's interesting to note is that one of the composers is Masanao Akahori, who did the equally awesome soundtrack for Cybernator (aka Assault Suits Valken in Japan). Again, this is most definitely a must-listen!

That's it for now. I shall update again soon....

Grand Shriner
    Hey people, how's it going? Got another update for ya here!

Anyway, this time I've got Garouden Breakblow: Fist or Twist for the PS2 up on the menu! From what I gather, it's the sequel to a fighting game based on a martial arts novel that has a manga adaption drawn by Keisuke Itagaki of Grappler Baki fame. I've been aware of the series for a while, but now that I've uploaded the music, I'm interested in checking out the manga....

But still, people: THIS. SOUNDTRACK. KICKS. ASS. VERY awesome rock music to be found here. Sadly, I couldn't find any composer credits for this game, which is a real shame because I really do want to know who was responsible for these badass tunes. I also had to use generic track names again since I was too lazy to search for any proper track titles, lol. The soundtrack also comes in "Original" and "Arranged" flavors, but the differences I've found between the two are subtle at best (I DO notice that some of the arranged tracks make heavier use of percussion than the originals, though). Also, while the tracks themselves technically don't loop, the original files I've converted these from "looped" them anyway by merely playing the track a second time after a few seconds' pause..... so I left it as is (again, a result of laziness, heh). But if anyone else wants to edit them, be my guest.....

With all that being said, enjoy!
    MacFirson likes this.

Grand Shriner
    Alrighty, time for another update!

This time we've got what's mainly a bevy of soundtracks for Genesis/Mega Drive games, which vary from platformer (Greendog, Taruruuto-Kun), RPG (Landstalker, the first 2 Langrissers), and shmup fare (Sol-Deace). I assure you, they're all quality stuff! I'm especially fond of the Langrisser soundtracks, personally..... in fact, I'm gonna try to see if I can locate the music for the other sequels/ports for this thread.

Now, the lone soundtrack in this update that ISN'T from a Genesis game is a particularly obscure one. S.P.Y.: Special Project Y is one of the lesser-known titles from Konami's vast library of arcade titles. If I had to compare it to another Konami title, it's probably most similar to Bayou Billy for the NES in the sense that it's a mix of different genres (in this case, a brawler and rail shooter). Unfortunately, it's also similar to BB in the sense that the game is a bit on the sloppy side precisely because of the mash-up of genres. But on the plus side, they both have damn fine music. S.P.Y.'s tunes are action fare that's probably most similar to Contra. And you know you're in for a treat when you have tracks that have punching sound effects in them! Sadly, I couldn't find any composer info for this game..... which is a shame, because I really would love to know who was responsible for this one. But oh, well.....

So that's it for now. Enjoy!

Grand Shriner
    Next update is here!

I think this one has a nice variety, too.... First off, there's the Goemon game with a long-ass subtitle for the GBC, which is one of the RPG spinoffs. What's particularly interesting is that it has a bunch of chiptune arrangements from other Goemon titles, mainly the SNES and N64 entries. Though that's not to say that what few original tracks that exist are bad, either!

Next up is Mamono Hunter Youko (aka Devil Hunter Yohko) for the MD, which is a game based on an anime of the same name. IMO, the game itself is kinda mediocre, but the music sure is sweet!

The next two titles are the most interesting ones, I think: First there's Knight Arms, a shmup for the X68000 which switches between 2D and 3D perspectives, and Shinra Banshou, which ALSO happens to be a rail shooter that switches between perspectives (though the difference here is that you're playing as human psychics, not a robot like in Knight Arms). Both games have awesome music, but here's where things become more curious: Both of these game's rips don't match the number of tracks their respective OSTs contain. The SB rip actually has a few MORE tracks than the official releases (12 compared to the rip's 15), while the Knight Arms rip actually has LESS (the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] even has completely different track names from the rip, but I went with the rip's track names here, anyway).

Anyway, I labeled those bonus SB tracks as..... well, bonus tracks. You also might notice that one of those particular tracks has a bit of a higher volume than the rest (the one called "Final Zone", to be specific). That's because while I converted the rest of the music from a preexisting rip, I ripped THAT one track using Hoot. And.... I guess I was just too lazy to adjust the volume, heh (not that sound editing is really my forte, anyway....).

But hey, enough of my rambling. Just download and enjoy!
    Interested in obscure VGM? [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    Okay, another update is in order! This one is completely SNES-centric, as well! It would take me too long to describe every game here, but I'd like to think I have a nice little variety in this update, whether it's platformers, RPGs, brawlers, or shmups. I also want to point out that Super Genjin 2 is technically Super Bonk 2, but I left the title as-is since it was never released outside of Japan. As for ones I personally recommend, I'd say that Scrambled Valkyrie is probably my favorite of the soundtracks from this update, though all the others have their charm, as well. For instance, Gourmet Sentai is noteworthy for having quirky music that's vaguely similar to the Cho Aniki games while also containing MMX-style rock. The Papuwa-kun game mixes a bunch of styles together, in general. Definitely check THOSE out, at least!

Also, to lessen confusion, from now on I'm going to mark my latest uploads with a "*" next to their names. As for my next update, I'll see if I can get a few more soundtracks up by this weekend, though I'll definitely have something up by next week if not....

Grand Shriner
    Just a single update this week, but I consider this one quite..... special.

So, what we have here is the soundtrack to Ys II Special, a Korean-exclusive remake of Ys II for the MS-DOS. I should point out straight away that this isn't my rip at all, but rather a mirror. The original recordings were done by a Korean fellow known as "ponx", and you can find the original link to the rip [Hidden link. Register to see links.] As for the game itself, it packs quite a lot more content than even Falcom's own remakes, and that naturally means it has more music, as well. The original tunes for this game were done by SoundTeMP, whom I believe some here are familiar with (chiefly for their MMO contributions). Personally, I feel that some of their original tracks easily stand up there with Yuzo Koshiro's compositions (my personal favorite being the track titled "Untitled Wings"), but that's just me.

Anyhow, enjoy!

Grand Shriner
    Time to update again!

This week's uploads are Hudson-oriented.... mainly having to do with the Bonk series, to be more specific. I've put up the soundtracks to the original TG-16 trilogy, which are all quality stuff (even if the second game shares much of the first game's soundtrack, heh). And while I haven't put up the arranged version of the third game's soundtrack yet, I assure you, I WILL get to it when I can. Though speaking of arrangements, I also added the music for the Japan-exclusive remake of the first game (the files were from the GC version, for those curious).

The fifth upload is something a bit more interesting. DreamMix TV: World Fighters is another Japan-exclusive Hudson title, this one basically being a rip-off of Nintendo's Smash Bros. series. Only this game stars characters from Hudson, Konami, and the Takara toyline. So if you've ever wanted to see Bomberman take on Optimus Prime and Simon Belmont, this is your game! It's also interesting to note that Solid Snake is one of the playable characters here, which predates his Smash Bros. Brawl cameo by a few years. Anyway, the tunes here are neat, many of them being arrangements of classic tunes. I especially love the arrangement of Bloody Tears used here..... probably my favorite version of that tune, ever. Sadly, I was too lazy to give the tracks proper names outside of the opening and ending themes, so someone else may want to take care of that.....

Anyhow, that's it for this week! Stay tuned for the next update!

Grand Shriner
    Howdy folks, it's been a while!

Just one update this time around: Nendoroid Generation, a cute little RPG for the PSP that contains cameos from various franchises such as Touhou, Fate/Stay Night, Haruhi, etc. The music is quite upbeat and catchy! Unfortunately, I couldn't find any composer info for this game, which is a shame. Nonetheless, enjoy!

Grand Shriner
    Put up a looped version of the Ys Seven soundtrack this time around. For anyone interested, check out [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for more details.

Grand Shriner
    Time for another update!

Just a single upload again this time, but I think you guys will like it: It's the soundtrack for the remake of Star Soldier that Hudson released about a decade back. Not much to say here aside from the fact that it's some awesome rockin' shmup goodness! I also added the tracks exclusive to the PSP port in its own separate folder, so it should be just about complete, I think. Download and enjoy!

Grand Shriner
    New update is out!

This one is Sega-centric, with two relatively obscure titles and one that's practically the polar opposite of obscure, heh. So first I uploaded a rip of Sonic Adventure DX for the Gamecube, since I sought for a more.... "complete" version of the original game's OST, so to speak. The next two uploads are from the Tempo games for the 32X and Saturn, respectively. The sequel was never released outside of Japan, which is a shame, but both games definitely have a lot of charm (not surprising since they were developed by Red, the same folks responsible for Bonk and several other games during the TG16's reign). Download 'em and check 'em out!

Good job sir thanks

Grand Shriner
    Alright guys, here's a rather overdue update! It's mainly centered on portable titles (particularly Game Boy), but I still managed to sneak in a couple SNES soundtracks to the mix, as well. The highlight here (at least for me) is Donkey Kong Jungle Climber for the NDS, which I personally find to be a rather underrated little gem. It would take me too long to talk about the other stuff I uploaded, so feel free to listen and judge their quality for yourselves! As always, look for the little "*" next to the latest titles. That being said, until next time, my friends!

Grand Shriner
    New update! This time there's a [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for you to enjoy! Happy downloading!

Grand Shriner
    And for the latest update, a [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] of extended Falcom goodness! Enjoy, guys!

Grand Shriner
    Happy late Halloween, guys! Here's an update!

....Though regrettably, none of these soundtracks are from horror-related games, heh. I still say they're some nice stuff, though. In particular, I'd like to point out the two PS1 games in this update, Hermie Hopperhead and Formula Nippon '99. The former is an obscure early Japan-exclusive platformer for the system that, while being a bit on the mediocre side, has some darned catchy music. Though there's a bit of a downside in that the soundtrack is mostly comprised of variations of the same tune. I still like the soundtrack, though. Sorry about the SFX in the opening/ending tracks, BTW.... I couldn't find any "clean" versions of those tracks, unfortunately.

Anyways, the latter soundtrack is for a racing game that has awesome rock tunes. It's a little short, but still very much recommended! That being said, enjoy!

Grand Shriner
    Happy Turkey Day, friends! I've managed to squeeze in a small update here. First off is an updated link for Knight Arms, which includes an extra 5 tracks (which matches up with the number tracks of the OST), next is the rip of an obscure arcade shooter called Riot (which has some rather Konami-esque tunes), and lastly, the rip of a PC-98 action-platform game called Totsugeki! Mix. This one has some neat music that's pretty similar to Sonic games (though one track in particular, the "Military March" theme, sounds like it comes straight from a Parodius title). Fun fact about this game's composers: They also did soundtracks for games like Rusty (also for PC-98, which I believe is a bit more well-known around here), and the shmup Trigger Heart Exelica! Very neat info, indeed!

Anyways, that's it for now. Enjoy!

Grand Shriner
    Merry Christmas, folks! I've brought you all a little present in the form of the looped Legend of Heroes VII soundtracks! If you're interested, you can check [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for more details. Download, and happy holidays!

Grand Shriner
    First update of 2015 is here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] Download, and have a blast!

Grand Shriner
    It's been a while since my last non-Falcom related update.... time to change that!

This ENTIRE update is GBC-focused. Furthermore, I've really been getting into Manfred Linzner lately (whom some of you may remember for his Shin'en works, particularly the Iridion/Nanostray games), so the majority of soundtracks in this update are his works. It's really great stuff, too.... it really goes to show how incredible late-generation Game Boy music can sound. I'm particularly fond of the Spider-Man soundtracks, personally. The other four non-Linzner soundtracks (Action Man, Dragon Dance, and the two Power Ranger games) are all from Natsume-developed titles, composed by Iku Mizutani (though Kinuyo Yamashita also contributed to Dragon Dance, interestingly enough). Coincidentally, the GBA version of Time force was done by Linzner, as well! Anyways, these soundtracks are great too, so give them a listen!

And so, until next time....

Grand Shriner
    What? TWO updates in one week!? Believe it, my friends!

Most of the new soundtracks uploaded this time are from PC-98 titles, with nearly all of them being shmup-related. The lone non-shmup upload is Mime, which is a dungeon-crawling eroge. This game's music in particular sounds VERY Falcom-ish with a dash of early Langrisser, which is a very good thing in my book.

As far as the shmups go, Burning Dragon has a kick-ass soundtrack that reminds me a bit of the Thunder Force games (sadly, there seems to be no composer info available for this title, though). The "Plus" version is apparently supposed to be a sequel, but is more like an upgraded version of the original. Both mostly share the same soundtrack, but Plus has slightly different instrumentation for the recycled tracks as well a few exclusive tunes, so I felt it warranted a separate rip. Metal Force's music is also quite good, and feels like a sort of cross between Gradius and Thunder Cross in style to me. I want to apologize for this game's tracks stopping so abruptly, BTW.... I was sorta lazy and forgot to fade them out, heh. I'll probably upload a V2 with fade-outs in the near future, though.

Anyways, last but not least is Tecnosoft's Hyper Duel for the arcade! I think this one isn't really as obscure as the PC-98 stuff, but I put it up for the heck of it anyway! Hyakutaro Tsukumo rocks, after all! That's it from me for now. Enjoy, guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast