Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Motoaki Takenouchi Collection

Update:

Added, for the sake of completeness, Symphonic Suite: 4.6 Billion Year Story ~ The Theory of Evolution. This album is a synth arrangement of the music from the NEC PC-98 game, whereas the other album with a similar name posted previously here is from the SNES/Super Famicom music.

These 4.6 Billion Year albums haven't really caught my attention in the past, but having listened to more Koichi Sugiyama, it's interesting to hear the two very different styles of the the composers involved. For example, track fourteen (japanese title) is very exemplary of the Takenouchi Style, whereas track seventeen is very much Sugiyama. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks again to Acid Beast for this one.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Update:

Track titles added for Shining Wisdom Gamerip, Shining Force CD, and Shining Force Gaiden II: The Sword of Hajya. They were just numbers before, but I finally found track titles online (mostly from youtube, these titles are pretty scarcely represented on the internet) except for a couple in Shining Wisdom that I invented...

Gungriffon still has garbage for track titles, so I'll fix that soon.

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    Thanks for Shining Force CD and Shining Wisdom with track titles.

You're very welcome! I also just did the track titles for Gungriffon, which had titles like 19, 30, etc, so this is much better. The links for this and the other albums have been updated in the original post.

thanks for evo!!

Onion Kid
    Why the fuck did I have to reregister in order to see the links in here again?

Good luck getting Road Blaster music btw.

I actually hadn't ever heard of Road Blaster (Road Avenger), but I'll try to get it. It wasn't on the wikipedia page for Takenouchi before, and no one seemed to credit him for the game, but I see it there now. Weird. Anyway, I'll try to find it tonight.

After having downloaded a couple versions of the game and looking online for more info, I'm not entirely convinced that Takenouchi actually did the music for Road Blaster FX (Road Avenger). I can't find anywhere that credits him as the composer (except for the new addition to the wikipedia page), and I found multiple places that credit Motoi Sakuraba. Do you have any proof that he did in fact compose for this game?

Grand Shriner
    Thx a lot for the last updates !!!
    Good question for Road Blaster :
    Maybe some people have confused Motoi and Motoaki

Awesome, that list seems complete enough to be trustworthy, so I'll stop looking for it I think. Thanks, scorenation!

Grand Shriner
    Yes, Thank You again for all the Fantastic Works
    "listening Symphonic Suite Shining Force II ~Ancient Sealing~ again !!!"

Edit : Thank You too AcidBeast for Symphonic Synth Suite "4.6 Billion Year Story" -The Theory of Evolution-

Onion Kid
    It's not a mistake. They both did the music.

CD version: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    LD version: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Original arcade version: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

You're not going to find it anywhere btw.

Grand Shriner
    Thank You, I understand now
    The version LD is much better

Supposedly the psx version is a direct port of the LD game. I'm going to see if someone can help me rip it or if I can manage to figure it out.

Edit: Jessie helped me extract the audio, and here is the result!

There are only seven tracks, and I'll tell you why. The game is basically one big video, and the sound effects are not separate as they are all mostly predestined, so all of the tracks not present in this mp3 set were VERY CONTAMINATED with sound effects and are unusable. This is the best we're getting, but honestly this is one of Takenouchi's weakest efforts, so I don't mind it being so small.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by jakob.nelson View Post
    Supposedly the psx version is a direct port of the LD game. I'm going to see if someone can help me rip it or if I can manage to figure it out.

Edit: Jessie helped me extract the audio, and here is the result!

There are only seven tracks, and I'll tell you why. The game is basically one big video, and the sound effects are not separate as they are all mostly predestined, so all of the tracks not present in this mp3 set were VERY CONTAMINATED with sound effects and are unusable. This is the best we're getting, but honestly this is one of Takenouchi's weakest efforts, so I don't mind it being so small.
    wrong soundtrack. thats the arcade version not the ld version.
    like i said, you wont find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by douchebagfag View Post
    wrong soundtrack. thats the arcade version not the ld version.
    like i said, you wont find it anywhere.
    Actually, I think you're right. Unless those youtube videos you linked have the versions mixed up, the song in the background of the laserdisc version is nowhere to be found in the playstation version. I will keep looking, but it's rather annoying that you insist on repeating that I won't find it. I still don't see any definitive proof that it is Takenouchi, although the style sounds similar from what I can hear through the bad quality and crashes/squeals/explosions in that video.

Onion Kid
    Don't get butthurt with me kid. If you'd done the slightest bit of research you'd know that he lists the game on his official page.

レーザーアクティブゲーム「ロードブラスター」 [パイオニア] 作曲 同年発売

It's rather annoying to me, personally, that you insist on using rapidshare instead of megaupload, not providing 320 kbps files, and uploading an incomplete gamera rip instead of just recording the music off the sound test, which again, you would know how to access if you had done the slightest bit of research.

It's rather annoying to me that you tell jn where to upload his files and what way to do his rips.

Be grateful for what you get and stop whining.

Don't get butthurt with me kid. If you'd done the slightest bit of research you'd know that he lists the game on his official page.

レーザーアクティブゲーム「ロードブラスター」 [パイオニア] 作曲 同年発売

It's rather annoying to me, personally, that you insist on using rapidshare instead of megaupload, not providing 320 kbps files, and uploading an incomplete gamera rip instead of just recording the music off the sound test, which again, you would know how to access if you had done the slightest bit of research.

I'm not "butthurt" . If you would like to contribute to the thread where you see it lacking, feel free to do so. Otherwise, if you dislike my thread and have nothing to add, stop posting in it. You also seem very knowledgeable in ripping music from games, so I'm assuming you could find the material yourself if you really want it in your preferred format. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by jakob.nelson View Post
    I love Motoaki Takenouchi's music, so I decided to upload all I have and post it together here, in one place. Some of these are rather difficult to find, so I hope you enjoy them. They are mostly mp3 VBR V0, but a couple are V2.
    This is from the first post of the thread. It is unreasonable for you to expect 320 kbps files if you had read this because while I do not provide the bitrate of every single album, I do give enough information for you to deduce that 320 kbps is not the format of the majority of the files.

I was simply requesting information in my previous post. Thank you for the link to the archive of his dead page. I will continue trying to find this, although you seem to think it impossible.

Edit: found a Road Blaster laserdisc rom...I'll let you know if I find anything.

Onion Kid
    You don't have to let me know, because you won't find it, ever. Mega LD dumps don't exist because the data on the disc isn't sequenced in tracks, it's just a big analog stream and no one has bothered to write a custom parallel transfer for the Laseractive because no one cares. The only way to acquire that music would be to search around specialty stores in Japan and plunk down the $400 or so to purchase the disc, and another $600 for the console required to play it, like I did.

I'm able to direct download all of this music in lossless format already, and I'm trying to help people out who aren't fortunate enough to be able to get the stuff that I get. Usually I don't say anything about these matters but Takenouchi is pretty much my favorite composer and you're basically shitting all over him as far as I'm concerned. If you followed my advice the quality of your links would go way up. If you're going to just farm stuff from other places then you should at least make it as accessible as possible. A badly encoded rapidshare is not the way to do that. I'm pretty sure you haven't even realized that your Agari Suzuki link is down.

Stop being a retard for a change and listen to someone with way more experience than you.

Grand Shriner
    Oh goodie, a generic lazy-smarm troll fag. Your username certainly fits. The least you could do is be entertaining

I'm pretty sure you haven't even realized that your Agari Suzuki link is down.
    I did actually realize that a couple of my rapidshare links had expired, I just wasn't sure which ones. If someone asks for it, I will reupload.

I'm able to direct download all of this music in lossless format already, and I'm trying to help people out who aren't fortunate enough to be able to get the stuff that I get. Usually I don't say anything about these matters but Takenouchi is pretty much my favorite composer and you're basically shitting all over him as far as I'm concerned.
    Honestly, I don't understand why you would call an effort by someone to share music by a composer you enjoy "shitting all over him" nor why you're still here, but I also like Takenouchi quite a bit. I don't think these are poor encodes as I did a good bit of them myself and listen to them frequently. You have a bunch of this stuff in lossless, great. I hope you enjoy listening to it, because you're not "helping people out who aren't fortunate enough to be able to get the stuff that [you] get" unless you share it, so get off your high horse unless you're going to do something other than complain, please. Seriously, we have a common interest and this is a hobby. Is there really a need to be so vicious? All I'm doing is making the music more available to people that might be interested to hear it. If they want lossless quality, they can get what's available to buy on CD, but otherwise there aren't many places on the internet you can find some of these albums. I would be interested to hear what brought you here.

Also, the laser disc image must have been from the laser disc-based arcade game, because the music was the same as the psx version.

@douchebagfag: Your last few posts have been insulting and troll like, i think you should calm things down a bit and stop trying to force lossless music on others.

This is your last warning.

jakob, i'd like to ask u somethin. now, i havent played any of these games, but i am a fan of new music. so can u tell me what some of motoaki's best works are?

I would start with Shining Force II for sure. Some of my other favorites are the other Shining Force games, Jewel Master, Gungriffon, and Shining Wisdom (the gamerip is better than the arranged version in my opinion) .

The Soundtrack release for Landstalker is also very nice. I really enjoy all of these (although gamera and granhistoria are not my favorites). I hope you enjoy them!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast