Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Motoaki Takenouchi Collection

Motoaki Takenouchi Collection

I love Motoaki Takenouchi's music, so I decided to upload all I have and post it together here, in one place. Some of these are rather difficult to find, so I hope you enjoy them. They are mostly mp3 VBR V0, but a couple are V2. I've recently been searching for missing track titles, and have added them for Shining Wisdom, Shining Force CD, Sword of Hajya, and Gungriffon. I believe the only ones without correct titles are Double Moon Densetsu and Final Conflict which I can't really find enough info on. Enjoy!

Spoiler!

If there are any problems with the links or with the files, please let me know!

Update - Landstalker arrived and flac has been added for it!
    Last edited by jakob; 12-07-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Awesome post.That Shining Force 2 box is still amazing after all these years.Has Takenouchi done anything recently?

Excellent post! Takenouchi is one of my favourites too - such effortless musicality. Shame he doesn't seem to be composing for videogames anymore (or at all?).

Shining Force CD is giving me a real Mario Galaxy vibe. The main themes resemble each other very closely.. I wonder if Mahito Yokota had this in mind? Then again.. I might just have have a strange fixation with that melodic shape - it also reminds me of the Cosmic Key theme in Conti's Masters of the Universe and the 'Hallelujah' refrain from Ben-Hur

Looking forward to trying Gungriffon and Double Moon. Thanks!

*update*

Landstalker and Jewel Master added.

Found and will be uploading soon:

Granhistoria: Genshi Sekaiki (SNES)
    Aguri Suzuki F-1 Super Driving (Game Boy)

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    Grabbed your Shining Force CD, i only had it in 128.

Thanks.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Added:

Granhistoria: Genshi Sekaiki (SNES)
    Aguri Suzuki F-1 Super Driving (Game Boy)

Quote Originally Posted by Lens of Truth View Post
    Excellent post! Takenouchi is one of my favourites too - such effortless musicality. Shame he doesn't seem to be composing for videogames anymore (or at all?).
    Yeah, that is disappointing. I haven't heard that he has done anything recently either (since 1996??) . ........sad.

*update* added:

Air Combat II Special (FM Towns)

Gamera (SNES, incomplete rip)

So, i'm still looking for this one:

SD Gundam Over Galaxian (PlayStation)

Jessie tried to rip the .da files from the .iso of the game itself, and so did I, but with no luck. It looks like this game is disgustingly rare (as in it appears in almost no lists of PS1 games) If anyone has this or finds it somewhere, I would love it.

If you haven't listened to Takenouchi before, I would definitely start with the Shining Force II OST. I also really enjoy Jewel Master, Shining Wisdom, and the SF2 Suite, of course. The game gear games have great music, as well, and is copied in the Shining Force CD game.

*broken link to picture fixed for SF2 suite*

Jakob, could you post a sample of one of the .da files?

When in doubt, Wikipedia can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshvoide View Post

I don't get it. I've looked at this wikipedia page before, are you attempting to respond to me asking if anyone knew of anything else he has done? If you notice the OP, I have everything from that page except for E.V.O (where he only arranged), SD Gundam over Galaxian, and the three albums in "other." I can't see what the wikipedia page is going to give me...

@lens

I'll upload a track with the best conversion I can get. The quality is really bad, I don't get it. I'm using audacity, and I tried to use Goldwave to cut out some frequencies that it seemed were the noise, but I couldn't make it sound too great.

Quote Originally Posted by jakob.nelson View Post
    I'll upload a track with the best conversion I can get. The quality is really bad, I don't get it. I'm using audacity, and I tried to use Goldwave to cut out some frequencies that it seemed were the noise, but I couldn't make it sound too great.
    Could it be that the sampling rate is causing problems? If you post one of the .da files as is from the iso (or is that not possible?) I'll have a mess around with it. I don't know much when it comes to ripping psx, but you've got me very curious now.

Edit: cool

Sorry, that file didn't end up with the .da file. I'm uploading it again.

Eh, sorry, ^^; I thought you were looking for more stuff done by this guy.

That's fine.

Enjoyer of the Northern Wind VyseLegend's Avatar
    Shining Wisdom provided me with my favorite quote of all time:

"Information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not duty; duty is not love; love is not music; music is...the best!"

thx for uploads!
    "It's not that a pure person has no direction. It's that their mind... is free."

Help find these soundtracks: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Download esoteric Japanese things from my Nyaa profile (mostly personal rips and projects) [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

lol, I never made it all the way through that game, and I don't really remember the quote. Fun quote, but that about sums it up for that game. I thought the music was waay better than the game (the game was still alright, though)

*edit* (going off my download stats on rapidshare, no love for Jewel Master?? sad...I like it BETTER than landstalker, myself)

May I add the soundtrack release for Landstalker? You get some nice suites of the game music, with enhancements to the midi, and the first two tracks are arrangements.

(going off my download stats on rapidshare, no love for Jewel Master??)
    There's love here! I just haven't downloaded yet. At some point I'll be grabbing pretty much everything in the thread

Great quote btw VyseLegend! Shining Wisdom has always looked very appealing to me being an action rpg. I'm assuming music plays an important role in the game.. Is it at all Zelda-ish?

May I add the soundtrack release for Landstalker? You get some nice suites of the game music, with enhancements to the midi, and the first two tracks are arrangements.

Oh, cool!! I didn't know there was an official release for that one, yay! That art looks a LOT more like shining force art than the box art for the genesis. I'm getting this--Would you mind if I added the link to the OP?

Shining Wisdom has always looked very appealing to me being an action rpg. I'm assuming music plays an important role in the game.. Is it at all Zelda-ish?
    Well, it is an action RPG. It feels really different than zelda. I remember you get some weird little car eventually, but its been quite a while. It has some beastly puzzles in it, but I don't remember the battles being very difficult. I still have the disc for this one.

Personally, my favorite "shining" game for the saturn was "Shining the Holy Ark" which was a dungeon crawler, but that one had music by Motoi Sakuraba ([Hidden link. Register to see links.] if you want it), not Takenouchi.

Oh, cool!! I didn't know there was an official release for that one, yay! That art looks a LOT more like shining force art than the box art I have. I'm getting this--Would you mind if I added the link to the OP?
    Please do. The cover art for the American and European releases is hideous (obviously good enough to make me buy the game though!). I think you'll enjoy this one - the music works pretty well in suite form, and 'Seeking Treasure' benefits from the added timp hits.

Personally, my favorite "shining" game for the saturn was "Shining the Holy Ark" which was a dungeon crawler, but that one had music by Motoi Sakuraba, not Takenouchi.
    Sadly I never had a Saturn, even though I fantasised about getting one for years and followed many of the game releases. Had to remain content with my Megadrive untill the N64 came along. Now that I'm getting back into retro stuff I may well pick one up.

*update*

Landstalker Soundtrack Release added to OP courtesy of Lens of Truth

(now listening...enhancements to the midi is right!! That's way better than a genesis ever sounded. That actually sounds like a saturn or ps1 soundtrack! Anyway, i'm just starting to listen, but I can tell i'm just going to eat this up...thanks again)

One more to add to the collection:

This is an arrangement of the music from Shining Force CD. It's synthesised orchestral, but the first track features the following real instruments: 2 violins, viola, cello, flute, trumpet, horn and trombone.

I always thought those were arrangements of the original shining force game. I haven't listened to this one all the way through, though. Either way, thanks for the upload!!

*edit* VGMdb proves me wrong. Well, that's exciting. I'll add that to the OP tonight! Thanks!

(if you haven't listened to the original game gear versions of SF Gaiden, which is where the Shining Force CD music comes from, I like them a lot)

*edit* whoops, seems like you're missing tracks 8 and 10 but I just grabbed them off of GH.

I've updated the rar. Now has all tracks

I'll give the Game Gear tracks a listen too.

Thanks again, it's in the OP now.

I don't know why I've never listened to this before. Some of the arrangements aren't that great, but it's mostly pretty good! It's a faithful representation of the music in the Shining Force Gaiden series.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast