Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 121617181920212223242526272832 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Mega Man/Rockman Music Thread: Home For All Mega Man Music

im autistic got a problem with that moltresflare's Avatar
    can u upload megaman legends 2 please thank you

Certified VGM Collector Lackadaisical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAxeGrinder View Post
    If any of you guys have lossless versions of any of these albums, everyone over at the lossless VGM thread would be most appreciative if you'd share 'em.
    I'd appreciate it of you purchased the albums instead as most Rockman soundtracks are still widely available in stores. I think the distributors, and possibly the composers themselves, would also appreciate it.

Wow talk about an unnecessarily snappy reply. You DO realize that there are plenty of people in these forums, like myself, who do not have access to these soundtracks because of the country they live in. Or even if they were able to buy them, due to delivery costs to their country plus taxes it would cost twice or three times what it would cost for someone in the U.S. to buy it.
    Plenty of people in the Lossless VGM thread are ripping their own albums, they just happen to not have all the Rockman albums.
    How about you lighten up a little, and try not to answer a simple request like a smartass jerk?

Besides, if you wanted everyone to buy the album, why upload it here at all? People upload albums here all the time for others to download, and don't get a holier than thou attitude about it, they're sharing in a friendly manner, so what in the world would justify that reply?

Thanks!

Canadian Gamer/Audiophile TheAxeGrinder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcaliche View Post
    Wow talk about an unnecessarily snappy reply. You DO realize that there are plenty of people in these forums, like myself, who do not have access to these soundtracks because of the country they live in. Or even if they were able to buy them, due to delivery costs to their country plus taxes it would cost twice or three times what it would cost for someone in the U.S. to buy it.
    Plenty of people in the Lossless VGM thread are ripping their own albums, they just happen to not have all the Rockman albums.
    How about you lighten up a little, and try not to answer a simple request like a smartass jerk?

Besides, if you wanted everyone to buy the album, why upload it here at all? People upload albums here all the time for others to download, and don't get a holier than thou attitude about it, they're sharing in a friendly manner, so what in the world would justify that reply?

Thanks!
    No, thank you. I agree completely with what you said. I live in Canada, and for me to import albums from Japan isn't exactly cheap, especially for the rarer ones. Furthermore, Lackadaisical, who are you to be saying stuff like that when you're frequenting a forum that has threads such as these that post lossy and lossless music?

Sure, the composers and distributors would appreciate it if we all bought the music, but again, there are some of us who can't afford to spend the money. Still, we share the music because we appreciate the quality of it, as well as the effort these composers have put into making it. Do you think they focus solely on the dollar/yen? Of course not. They make music because they enjoy making it, and they want people to enjoy listening to their music. Fundamentally, music is meant to be shared. How would you like it if you were charged money every time you heard a song on the radio, or were humming the tune?
    Lossless Soundtrack Requests:

- Castlevania OSTs
    - Rockman OSTs
    - Snatcher & Policenauts OSTs
    - Viewtiful Joe OSTs
    - Disgaea OSTs
    - S.S.T. OSTs

Reg
    Quote Originally Posted by moltresflare View Post
    can u upload megaman legends 2 please thank you
    Rockman Dash 2 is up.
    Pt 1: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Pt 2: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    I don't suppose anyone has act 2 of the Protomen up yet. (Live and New)

stop PM for re-up, ask on board. Simon B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by legoman727 View Post
    I don't suppose anyone has act 2 of the Protomen up yet. (Live and New)
    page 20, post #483

Certified VGM Collector Lackadaisical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcaliche View Post

Thanks!
    1) Since I've joined this forum, I've only uploaded one album (out of print) and I did that privately through PM with an individual [of reputation] who had the intention of purchasing the album.

2) I'm not positive about this, but I don't believe there have been many download links to lossless Rockman soundtracks in this topic, so why bring another topic's business into this one when there's nothing to suggest that there is lossless sharing going on here? If someone had several lossless soundtracks they wanted to share, I'm pretty sure that they would have posted them here by now or even the "Lossless VGM Download" as that topic is frequently bumped. TheAxeGrinder could have opted to make a request topic like you did, but seeing as you already requested several Rockman soundtracks in lossless format as well, he could have just piggybacked on your topic.

3) You act as if I don't pay anything to import Japanese music into my country of origin. It's not as cheap as I would like it to be (espcially the importation of out-of-print albums), but that's just the way things are. Do you really believe it's OK for someone to get something of monetary value for free just because it's not cheap enough for them? What's also interesting here is that you inadvertently defended someone who lives in Canada where the import cost isn't that much different from someone who lives in the US. How exactly do you intend on defending his case now?

4) You know, there are other ways to get some video game soundtracks in mp3 format without having to buy the actual soundtrack. Final Fantasy soundtracks, in particular, are easy to find on legal mp3 download sites, so I would like to know if you paid for the Final Fantasy X Original Soundtrack that you mentioned you downloaded in the "Final Fantasy OSTs & other Square-Enix music" topic. If you did not pay for it, I would like to know your reasoning behind your belief that you are somehow exempt from paying for that particular soundtrack when it's available for purchase in mp3 format [via Internet download].

Quote Originally Posted by TheAxeGrinder View Post
    No, thank you. I agree completely with what you said. I live in Canada, and for me to import albums from Japan isn't exactly cheap, especially for the rarer ones. Furthermore, Lackadaisical, who are you to be saying stuff like that when you're frequenting a forum that has threads such as these that post lossy and lossless music?

Sure, the composers and distributors would appreciate it if we all bought the music, but again, there are some of us who can't afford to spend the money. Still, we share the music because we appreciate the quality of it, as well as the effort these composers have put into making it. Do you think they focus solely on the dollar/yen? Of course not. They make music because they enjoy making it, and they want people to enjoy listening to their music. Fundamentally, music is meant to be shared. How would you like it if you were charged money every time you heard a song on the radio, or were humming the tune?
    1) There are other places besides Japan to order video game music from, but I suppose you're opposed to paying any type of shipping fee, right? I ship video game music to Canada on a regular basis and the postage costs aren't high enough for you to complain about it.

2) My usual role on this forum is to provide information as sometimes there are questions I can answer, opinions I can give on certain discussions, or I can correct some misinformation when it pops up.

3) If you can't afford to purchase physical copies of video game music, then you should be grateful for just having the albums in mp3 format [like the majority of users here]. I mean, just because a song is in mp3 format does not mean you cannot appreciate the music, right?

Though all of this is assuming that you cannot afford video game music when I believe you can -- It's just that you'd rather spend your money on other stuff that amuses you. After all, why would you want lossless music if you didn't have the right equipment to properly hear the quality?

4) The "it's not only about money" argument is weak because if there was no money involved, then they probably wouldn't be composing [as much] music. They do not make music solely because they enjoy it; they do it partially because they get paid good money to make music. I also don't see many composers/distributors handing out several free copies of their soundtracks [to those who enjoy their music] on a daily basis.

5) We (as in Americans and Canadians and several other nationalities) don't have to pay for music we listen onto the radio because there are advertisers and donators that keep radio stations afloat. The are exceptions like premium radio services, but that's somewhat different. I don't believe there are many people that are charged for humming a tune (humming cannot replicate a song in its entirety), so I have no idea why you brought that up. And lastly, when you purchase a CD album, you don't have to pay for a song each time you listen to it -- You buy the CD once and then you are entitled to listen to it as many times as you want.

6) Fundamentally, a lot of things should be shared? That's just not how this world works, buddy.

Sorry about all of this, Reg. That was my last post with regards to that issue. If you two want to get "rock'd" some more, start a new topic or PM me.

Next post will be about a new Rockman doujin I've located.

My response to such a large reply: You're in a site full of people sharing music, and you're being rude about someone asking for someone to share just because you're one of the few who feels he is "above it", and even if you are, AxeGrinder's request was to people who DO share, if you don't, there's no need to be a jerk about it.

And THAT is the last I have to say on that subject, so if you wanna PM me with some empty reasons why you're right, feel free to do so, I assure you you haven't "Rock'd" any of us both (seriously, "Rock'd"? what are you 10?)

Anyway, thanks to all of those who have shared their mp3 finds on this and other threads, we know you don't HAVE to share so we absolutely appreciate taking time from your lives to do so.

Megaman rules!

This is astounding. Thanks for researching and uploading all of this.

I am the Oathkeeper...
    Hey, could someone upload the Megamari soundtrack to Megaupload or Sendspace? Mediafire ABSOLUTELY refuses to work for me!!! Also, the music in there kicks unholy amounts of ass for a fangame, seriously!!

Thanks!

Onion Kid
    Thanks for Megalomania, it kicks ass : )

Wielder of Idiot-Bane Generic Fighter's Avatar
    legoman727,
    The "Live and New" File was just a preview of a couple of songs from the Act II Album. For the full album, Check my thread for the Protomen Discography File. It has both of their albums and a couple of Live tracks in it. There is a link to my thread in my Sig.

GF
    I have a sense of humor and I'm NOT afraid to use it!!!

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]Jamin Weasley's Wizard Rock Thread
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] My Thread of random Music-Type Stuff.

Onion Kid
    I have a request. I just stumbled upon this album called MegamanBeats!

Does anyone have this to upload?

Wow, this is just an amazing threat. i just have gone ahead and got some of the goodies offered

I specially liked the compilations for the Rockman Hacks and the Rockman World Series... none the less... I need to point a few things (two to be exact) XD

For example, in the hack compilation, in the tracks that are taken directly from the Rockman 2 game, while "Capcom sound Team" is somewhat correct, is much more correct to set the artist tag to "Ogeretsu Kun, Manami Ietel, Yuukichan's Papa" or either "立石孝、松前真奈美、坂口由洋" whose are the know composers XD

And, in the case of Rockman World II, is know that "Kenji Yamazaki" (kanji: 山崎憲司) was the composer of that soundtrack o.O

Of course, this is information for those that want hyper-perfect tags XD

By the way, thanks up for all of this.

Shriner
    News about the incoming chiptune Mega Man album...

Reg
    Quote Originally Posted by ermoviola View Post
    News about the incoming chiptune Mega Man album...

Reviews are nice, but how about we listen for ourselves?

Chiptuned Rockman

----------------

As the name suggests, this is the English sung version of I Can't Defeat Airman. This song was On YouTube for over a year and I can't believe I just recently found it. This is an unofficial album and the artwork is not by me. Enjoy!

Reg, you are f***ing amazing, you know that right?
    "Nothing justifies 5ing burning cats, Not Even Doom Music." - Titanium-Gecko

That post couldn't have been any more smooth Reg, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Reviews are nice, but how about we listen for ourselves?
    OMYGAWD for amazing Le*ks .__.
    *wonders what happened there*

Reg
    Ha ha! You guys are more than welcome. I really like the Chiptuned Rockman album. A lot of appreciation was shown towards other Rockman games here. I expected lots of Rockman 2 nut hugging but it's a pretty diverse selection.

MGF
    -
    Cool Soundtrack

Have to check out the Chiptunes download later. Thanks, Reg.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Ha ha! You guys are more than welcome. I really like the Chiptuned Rockman album. A lot of appreciation was shown towards other Rockman games here. I expected lots of Rockman 2 nut hugging but it's a pretty diverse selection.
    Lol, well... I was not aware that the Tokyo Game Show was right now happening and that the Rockman Chiptunes was available there.

Now, I wonder if there are also scans available elsewhere... because I wonder if the disc comes with information regarding the composers for games like Rockman World x.x

None the less, thank you for sharing.

Reg
    I imagine the scans fro Chip Tuned Rockman will come eventually. When I do I'll post them up. I'd like the remaining scans too.
    ------------------

Mega Man Remix Album