Page 675 of 820 FirstFirst ... 175575625665669670671672673674675676677678679680681685725775 ... LastLast
Results 16,851 to 16,875 of 20478
Like Tree3512Likes

Thread: The Lossless Video Game Soundtrack Thread (Links on First Page)

  1. #16851
    VGM 💿 Collector Neo_Chip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by melonofwater View Post

    Game Boy Music -G.S.M. Nintendo 2-
    FLAC/NotMyRip/No.Cue or.Log/[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Pixelated Cover! :melts eyes:

  2. #16852
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXAngelVanille View Post
    As for the bitrate its whatever. I don't like VBR but thats just me.
    That's nonsense. Apparantly you don't even know how bit allocation works in a lossy codec, so your decision whether you "like" CBR or VBR encoding is completly arbitrary. And no, that's not being high and mighty. That's stating the facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by FFXAngelVanille View Post
    The CBR 320 tracks that I have sound very good to my ears
    More nonsense. Sound good compared to what? Have you even ABXed them against the original source? Probably not.

    You're also totally missing the point here. A lossy codec has certain limitations that come by design and chosen algorithm. Limitations that simply don't go away by further increasing bitrate. I already stated this multiple times, but the 320kbit/s per frame bitrate is not the highest setting one can achieve. Free form encodings with LAME can go up to 640kbps, so essentially doubling the CBR320 bitrate. The question is, does this get you any audible benefit? Because it doesn't, you don't get magically two times the quality of a CBR320 file with that.
    People still think that "more helps more", because they've got no clue how the encoder works. Any yes, CBR encoding has its applications, but they're uninteresting in the context of a filesharing board.

    Ripped from HA:
    Code:
    (1) CBR is useful for people who are concerned about maintaining maximum compatibility, especially with certain streaming applications and some hardware-based decoders that don't reliably support VBR.
    (2) CBR is also useful for people who desire the ability to obtain accurate estimates of the bitrate or approximate duration of a file's decoded audio without scanning and partially decoding the entire file.
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXAngelVanille View Post
    and I like the fact that I know that all the songs in my library are in the same bitrate. Either 192, 256, or 320.
    Even more nonsense. Because this "quantization" of the bitrate in your collection gets you nothing. Also it must be terrible for you to have files with a lossless encoding in your collection. Because these are inherently VBR! *scary*
    Some facts: (1) Nobody needs lossless. (2) VBR V0 is better than CBR320. Vorbis is even better. (3) Keeping your system and software updated is the best way to stay out of trouble. The "Never change a running system" statement is nonsense. It leads to people using 3yr old software and then complaining about bugs.

  3. #16853
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    730

    Toy Music: Dancing Super Mario Brothers
    WAV/NoLOG/NoCUE/NotMyRip/[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Vegeta, and 420mac like this.

  4. #16854
    FLAC You People ,,!,, Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,275
    I take it he didn't wanna learn :P

    Also can you zip it instead? I had already downloaded all the files.. but downloading like 20 diff files 1 by 1 is a bit annoying lol
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Click [Hidden link. Register to see links.] to PM me to sign up for my VGM subscription based system.

    MY [Hidden link. Register to see links.] IS FOR SUBSCRIBERS ONLY.. (PD FOLDER OFF LIMITS)

    LATEST UPLOAD!

    Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Soundtrack
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  5. #16855
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    730
    Yea you can try and persuade him yourself [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. I'm not gonna pressure him I'm already asking so much from him and I'm more than happy with just the tracks. More albums on the way like Toy Music Fire Emblem stay tuned!

  6. #16856
    Stranger Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by - Vegeta - View Post
    I take it he didn't wanna learn :P
    Still better than nothing, right?

    Thanks for the share, melonofwater, and also thanks to the ripper.
    What was that?
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]|[Hidden link. Register to see links.]|[Hidden link. Register to see links.]|[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  7. #16857
    FLAC You People ,,!,, Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    Still better than nothing, right?

    Thanks for the share, melonofwater, and also thanks to the ripper.
    Yea this is some amazing shit lol

  8. #16858
    tried to put the pin back in strawman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    %L
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
    Apparantly you don't even know how bit allocation works in a lossy codec... And no, that's not being high and mighty.
    Do you actually read your own posts?
    likes this.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] and be a popstar

  9. #16859
    VGM 💿 Collector Neo_Chip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by - Vegeta - View Post
    Yea this is some amazing shit lol
    Sarcasm eh? More like "Add to Collection" for me lol, top that :>
    Quote Originally Posted by melonofwater View Post
    Spoiler!

    Toy Music: Dancing Super Mario Brothers
    WAV/NoLOG/NoCUE/NotMyRip/[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Thanks! It sounds g-g-re-a-a.... well.... the point is its rare and in ma' HDD.

  10. #16860
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    898
    Darn!

    I saw 'Neo_Chip' for the newest post, and thought, 'COULD IT BE?!'

    Well, back to the waiting game, then!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    -[Lossless Requests]-
    --VANQUiSH OST
    --Psychic Lover - Psychic Lover II
    --any singles from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds

  11. #16861
    Grand Shriner Puea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    319
    Well... nobody answered on my importing-question, but it's ok, i just found some other nice soundtracks on amazon that i don't need to import
    there are some gems headin' my way at the moment:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (unless Tommy Tallarico don't want this This to to be uploaded, like the Earthworm Jim Anthology Album)
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    and the Bit.Trip Complete Sampler CD, but I'm not going to rip it, because its already been done multiple times.

    In May or June i get some more, if there is nothing else coming up, I can't get it next month because i want to get the Pandora's Tower Limited Edition
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (I'm rather vague on this one because the Previews of this one aren't that good... but the price is really good :/ )
    I uploaded some Stuff myself.
    But here are my requests (if anybody cares):
    Lossless rip of the Earthbound Music (from the cartridge)
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Because reasons, here are my favorite composers (not what i think are the best, just my personal favourites)
    1) Hirokazu Tanaka
    2) Wally Beben
    3) Koji Kondo
    4) Michiru Yamane
    5) Rob Hubbard

  12. #16862
    Can He Spray... From a Hose? Albanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    468
    i might be wrong, but i think all releases from Tallarico are prohibited from being posted.

  13. #16863
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32
    For those of you who have played Lost Odyssey is Track 13 from Disc 1 supposed to be "Gongora's Plot" instead of "Gangara's Plot"? There was no Gangara anywhere in the game as far as I remember....but there was an immortal Gongora....

    And thanks to whomever uploaded this. I really appreciate it. Such an amazing game in every regard from the music to the characters to the story....do I just thumbs up the original post?

  14. #16864
    Can He Spray... From a Hose? Albanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXAngelVanille View Post
    For those of you who have played Lost Odyssey is Track 13 from Disc 1 supposed to be "Gongora's Plot" instead of "Gangara's Plot"? There was no Gangara anywhere in the game as far as I remember....but there was an immortal Gongora....
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] looks like it might be a typo

  15. #16865
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32
    Thanks I was 99% sure but you never know with some of these Japanese --> English translations. Tried googling it but I was getting mixed results.

    Thanks again!

  16. #16866
    The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    11,225
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Just in case some of you were wondering what i was talking about a few pages back.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  17. #16867
    ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ folker84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    429
    Nothing here!!!
    Updated 22~NOV~2013
    ★★★ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ★★★

    Updated 16~AUG~2013
    ★★★ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ★★★

    Help me, If you can... PLEASE!!!

  18. #16868
    FLAC You People ,,!,, Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,275
    kinda off topic but im too lazy to new thread this..

    Does anyone know if you can download a file from mediafire larger than 200 MB without a paid membership?

  19. #16869
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    898
    Check this:

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Hope that helps!

  20. #16870
    FLAC You People ,,!,, Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,275
    Take that as a no then

  21. #16871
    Stranger Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,116
    Don't take everything that's written on MF's FAQ for true... They also say they aren't allowing any more archives with passwords. They are outdated :P

    Anyway, for what i remember it is possible. When a free user downloads a bigger archive off a Pro one, the latter should just see his/her extra bandwidth reduced.

  22. #16872
    There be only ONE Snkhero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Digital Frontier
    Posts
    891


    Spoiler!
    likes this.

  23. #16873
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo_Chip View Post
    Thanks! It sounds g-g-re-a-a.... well.... the point is its rare and in ma' HDD.
    Yes it does sound great and I'm not being sarcastic. I love that Zelda song.

  24. #16874
    FLAC You People ,,!,, Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    Don't take everything that's written on MF's FAQ for true... They also say they aren't allowing any more archives with passwords. They are outdated :P

    Anyway, for what i remember it is possible. When a free user downloads a bigger archive off a Pro one, the latter should just see his/her extra bandwidth reduced.
    What if the user were to download their own files though, would the bandwidth be used?

  25. #16875
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32
    Does anyone here know how to read/translate Japanese very well? I'm just wondering about this one track from Lost Odyssey that I want to make sure is correct

    帰ってくる、きっと…(Piano Version)

    When I put it into Google Translation I get "Come Back, Surely...(Piano Version)

    But Wiki has it listed as, "A Return, Indeed...(Piano Version). So I was wondering if Google Translation was more accurate than the Wiki listing....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •