Page 654 of 820 FirstFirst ... 154554604644648649650651652653654655656657658659660664704754 ... LastLast
Results 16,326 to 16,350 of 20478
Like Tree3697Likes

Thread: The Lossless Video Game Soundtrack Thread (Links on First Page)

"Next Beat Finder"
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    Shitty download speed for pretty much the majority of users, as far as i can tell.
    It is indeed so for most westerners via direct downloads. However, you can try 115's own download manager , which boosts the performance drastically, taking full advantage of their multiple mirrors.

Asian (especially Chinese) hosts are usually the ones that get most of the good stuff there, since they're much less restricted (*cough*copyrights*cough*SOPA*cough*oranythinglike those*cough*exceptforthewall*cough*), and among the Chinese people there're a large number of otakus to "cooperate" with the Japanese fellows as well.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Dl managers are useless with it too, so what liquidacid was saying yesterday is nonsense.
    I'm using FDM with 115 as I type this. What do you mean "useless"? I wouldn't download from that site without a download manager.

It is interminably slow, though. In the past I think I've typically got ~30k/sec which is ok in my books, but right now it's stuttering along at a few kB/sec.

<That was fucking poetry> cooljacker's Avatar
    Link to download 115 download manager (lol) please?
    No reuploads so please fuck off.

"Next Beat Finder"
    Quote Originally Posted by alc123 View Post
    I'm using FDM with 115 as I type this. What do you mean "useless"? I wouldn't download from that site without a download manager.

It is interminably slow, though. In the past I think I've typically got ~30k/sec which is ok in my books, but right now it's stuttering along at a few kB/sec.
    As I just said, only 115's own manager takes full advantage of their own mirror servers. Even though I can get my usual 200kB/s via direct download most of the times, using it would still do the job nicely when I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by cooljacker View Post
    Link to download 115 download manager (lol) please?
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Since it seems to have some sort of shell extension function bundled, during installation and such it prompts the user to relaunch the explorer.exe process. Maybe due to some poor programming.

Interestingly, the installation wizard has MUI, but the app itself hasn't yet. We may file that as a feature request later, or at least write a manual for English-speakers.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrantheo View Post
    As I just said, only 115's own manager takes full advantage of their own mirror servers.
    I wasn't responding to you, sorry mate. I was responding to Jessie's post.

Though I'm a little leery of single-site download managers, if I'm honest. It's the kind of thing I'd run in a VM, if I could be bothered to run one at all.

"Next Beat Finder"
    I wasn't responding to you, sorry mate. I was responding to Jessie's post.

Though I'm a little leery of single-site download managers, if I'm honest. It's the kind of thing I'd run in a VM, if I could be bothered to run one at all.
    I saw that. I was just saying using even FDM is not effective enough. 115's way of handling bandwidth load is optimized for single thread downloads via multiple mirrors, not multi-threading to one mirror at the same time.

I generally dislike single-site download managers too. But since it's rather required for better performance (or, the protocol hasn't been reverse-engineered decently yet), I take this 115 client for exception, as I simply prefer MiPony on anything else.

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar

I already have two download managers, downloads at 1kb/s with one and won't even download with the other, and i'm not gonna get a site specific one just for the odd download. So, as i said, download managers with this site are useless, as the download will eventually die anyway and resume doesn't work after that happens.

Anyway, it seems to work better for others, i'm just saying the site is useless to me and a lot of others.

Grand Shriner
    @Jessie: Then your software is broken. I'm using plain wget here in conjunction with the two DDL servers that the 115 webinterface offers. I'm _not_using the proprietary 115 DL manager. It's true that the download likes to die a lot (especially during peak times), but every mature DL engine has a timeout detection for such a situation. Once the timeout kicks in the engine reinitiates the connection. E.g. wget has a default read timeout of 900sec. I tend to decrease this to 60sec when working with 115 download links.
    Some facts: (1) Nobody needs lossless. (2) VBR V0 is better than CBR320. Vorbis is even better. (3) Keeping your system and software updated is the best way to stay out of trouble. The "Never change a running system" statement is nonsense. It leads to people using 3yr old software and then complaining about bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo_Chip View Post
    Samba de Amigo has been shipped, eta 2 weeks :>

Request: Animal Forest/Crossing Soundtrack
    European Version:
    Neo_Chip likes this.
    I uploaded some Stuff myself.
    But here are my requests (if anybody cares):
    Lossless rip of the Earthbound Music (from the cartridge)

Because reasons, here are my favorite composers (not what i think are the best, just my personal favourites)
    1) Hirokazu Tanaka
    2) Wally Beben
    3) Koji Kondo
    4) Michiru Yamane
    5) Rob Hubbard

I use jdownloader for most sites, it works great as expected, but for some hosts, like 115, it's the situation Jessie described...

So, to repeat myself, how to download the 115 download manager, or Liquid dude, can you explain a bit more how to use your method?

"Next Beat Finder"
    I use jdownloader for most sites, it works great as expected, but for some hosts, like 115, it's the situation Jessie described...

So, to repeat myself, how to download the 115 download manager, or Liquid dude, can you explain a bit more how to use your method?
    Check my last post.

Vrantheo, I still don't get it: is the 115 download manager a separate program that needs to be installed on the computer, like say, Fileserve manager, or not? If it is, where can be downloaded from? I figure you can get it from 115, that's obvious, but I suck at downloading anything directly from a 115 page - I can't read it........

I think I'll give up...

FLAC

Have quite a few CDs I'll share when I get the time. Many thanks to Jessie, Vegeta et al for their endeavors.
    ssri likes this.

Grand Shriner
    I suck at downloading anything directly from a 115 page - I can't read it........

I think I'll give up...
    You honestly can't guess which the download button is on that page? There's only one button, it's big and bright blue with a down arrow in it, and it links to an exe file. Come on.

Navigating foreign websites can be a minefield, but this is not one of those occasions. Now, using the software might actually be tricky...

◆| Wander and the Colossus Original Soundtrack: Roar of the Earth |◆
    [ ワンダと巨像 オリジナル サウンドトラック大地の咆哮 ]

( FLAC | LOG | CUE | SCANS )

Personal Rip

1CD ~ 409 MB

Release Date : Dec 07, 2005

Spoiler!

Icaaruz, Unknown Ninja and neobits like this.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] <<< Fantastic game.

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorHix View Post
    FLAC

Have quite a few CDs I'll share when I get the time. Many thanks to Jessie, Vegeta et al for their endeavors.
    Someone else from Ireland that buys vgm!!! I thought i was the only one.

You honestly can't guess which the download button is on that page? There's only one button, it's big and bright blue with a down arrow in it, and it links to an exe file. Come on.

Navigating foreign websites can be a minefield, but this is not one of those occasions. Now, using the software might actually be tricky...
    Yea, I honestly couldn't because I never looked at the main page, I always see many buttons like these xD

With the main page and that Win7/XP text, I would probably get it

so thank you for helping me, even if it was trivial and stupid from your viewpoint lol

Grand Shriner
    It's the white button of those four that's the direct link, if you were curious.

I took the plunge and installed the 115 app (denying the explorer shell extension at install and then removing the browser hooks). It's actually relatively straightforward to use if you're familiar with download managers, and the download speeds are definitely better, though inconsistent - ranging from 5kB/sec up to 100kB/sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Someone else from Ireland that buys vgm!!! I thought i was the only one.
    Me too! Think we can arrange some sort of deal on delivery? XD

Here's [Hidden link. Register to see links.] in FLAC;

I ♡ DanceDanceRevolution™ Neo_Chip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puea View Post
    European Version:
    Yay thanks!

I'm still looking for someone to reupload the Ace Attorney series soundtracks plus the orchestra albums as well.

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Endless Shriner
    Umineko no Naku Koro ni / Akiko Shikata

Here's the mirror some of y'all been waiting for.

likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by !!!!! View Post
    Umineko no Naku Koro ni / Akiko Shikata

Here's the mirror some of y'all been waiting for.

Already beat you to it ([Hidden link. Register to see links.]).

Can He Spray... From a Hose? Albanoid's Avatar
    reupload of Trine 2 SE - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePaladin View Post
    I'm still looking for someone to reupload the Ace Attorney series soundtracks plus the orchestra albums as well.

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Just wait for the OSTs Jessie bought the Sound Box so he will rip it when he receives it (I hope ). as for the orchestral soundtracks I don't have them so lets hope someone reuploads them