Page 596 of 820 FirstFirst ... 96496546586590591592593594595596597598599600601602606646696 ... LastLast
Results 14,876 to 14,900 of 20478
Like Tree3514Likes

Thread: The Lossless Video Game Soundtrack Thread (Links on First Page)

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]'s convert function.
    This, and also if one of the .cue files says something like [APE] on its name or w/e, use that.. just drag the cue file into foobar. Also you can download Monkey's Audio codec application (much similar to flac being frontend) and decode it to .wav

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
    You mean algorithms, not programs, right?
    If it has a download option, does it count is a program?
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Click [Hidden link. Register to see links.] to PM me to sign up for my VGM subscription based system.

MY [Hidden link. Register to see links.] IS FOR SUBSCRIBERS ONLY.. (PD FOLDER OFF LIMITS)

LATEST UPLOAD!

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Soundtrack

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by - Vegeta - View Post
    If it has a download option, does it count is a program?
    Sry, I don't understand you. I thought you said you were looking up algorithms.
    Some facts: (1) Nobody needs lossless. (2) VBR V0 is better than CBR320. Vorbis is even better. (3) Keeping your system and software updated is the best way to stay out of trouble. The "Never change a running system" statement is nonsense. It leads to people using 3yr old software and then complaining about bugs.

Sry, I don't understand you. I thought you said you were looking up algorithms.
    I was looking up programs that used the compression

Grand Shriner
    Here we go again!

Don't use foobar if you care about the accuracy of your cue files, since it doesn't alter them (in other words, if you use foobar then the cue becomes useless). Use CueTools instead - it'll modify the cue when it splits the file.

Quote Originally Posted by alc123 View Post
    Here we go again!

Don't use foobar if you care about the accuracy of your cue files, since it doesn't alter them (in other words, if you use foobar then the cue becomes useless). Use CueTools instead - it'll modify the cue when it splits the file.
    I've always found very funny that people want to deal so badly with perfectly-ripped lossless stuff, then they don't even know how to 'handle' a .cue file... It's not too hard to manually make the needed changes. You don't need a software to make the cue "OK" again, a text-editor is more than enough.
    What was that?
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]|[Hidden link. Register to see links.]|[Hidden link. Register to see links.]|[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

PM sent to Puea. I have solved their problem.

Can He Spray... From a Hose? Albanoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    I've always found very funny that people want to deal so badly with perfectly-ripped lossless stuff, then they don't even know how to 'handle' a .cue file... It's not too hard to manually make the needed changes. You don't need a software to make the cue "OK" again, a text-editor is more than enough.
    exactly. alc123's repetition on this matter still has me at a complete loss - caring about the accuracy, as to what end?

is Cuetools creating a secondary cue with the tracks ordered individually? is that the reason for chiming in with that every time someone makes a suggestion about splitting a file using foobar2000 because it doesn't follow the same behavior? or is it something more concrete where you've found one program to alter the cue irreparably in terms of index positions or something?

The Man at the Backround
    XD, I think you misunderstood my problem (And i missunderstood you answer).
    I unpacked the folder, there are 4 files and Folder with the Covers.
    1 LOG-File, 2 CUE-Files and 1 APE-File.
    My Problem is that i don't know how to split the .ape file into the 24 Songs.
    PowerISO doesn't always work with .ape files and EAC needs .wav Files to do it.

I thought you meant that i should use WinRAR to Split the .ape file
    Look at this.

-->NoNewsAreGoodNews<--

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanoid View Post
    exactly. alc123's repetition on this matter still has me at a complete loss - caring about the accuracy, as to what end?
    Being able to burn a 1:1 copy of the original disc. It's not a big deal to me but a lot of people here and elsewhere get disproportionately worked up about it, so yes, I do repeat myself, and no, it's not something I particularly relish. People keep asking the same question, though, and keep getting the wrong answer (i.e. WinRAR for splitting a single-file FLAC - obviously it's a misunderstanding but at least one person has spent their time trying it out today). And people, as above, keep recommending Medieval Cue Splitter, which has been shown to alter audio streams, and last I heard was still doing so.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo2000 View Post
    Look at this.

God, how many time has this to be repeated: Don't use this broken piece of software!

God, how many time has this to be repeated: Don't use this broken piece of software!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    How many times has this to be repeated. This thread is not for software discussion, compression, lossless vs mp3 or spectographicalimageryformsblahblah Take it to the lossless discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Puea View Post
    I'm gonna try it out right now. I didn't know WinRAR could do this because i normally use 7 zip and don't have winrar installed.

EDIT: Doesn't work, Fileformat is ether not supported or damaged.
    Try [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. It's fast, easy to use and works with just about any format, including .ape. Another option it to use CueTools and tell it to encode to "File per track", it should be able to convert to wav or flac and separate the tracks.

Edit: Sorry turbo2000, didn't see your post.

Why is it broken? Works fine for me.

Grand Shriner
    @Vegeta: Could you please quote me again?

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    How many times has this to be repeated. This thread is not for software discussion, compression, lossless vs mp3 or spectographicalimageryformsblahblah Take it to the lossless discussion thread.
    How is this not on-topic? People are advising the use of known broken software, software that produces audible issues. Medieval Cue Splitter shouldn't be used. Google has the answers, we're not getting into the specifics, but seriously? We can't even say that much?

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    This is the download links section, not a discussion forum. There was another thread made specifically for this kind of thing. Others have complained about this kind of talk ruining the thread and i happen to agree with them. The last two pages have been pretty much nothing but software talk, this is not on topic for what the thread was created for, which is sharing and commenting on lossless music.

There should be no need to have this same conversation over and over again just because someone new comes along with the same question. My job as a mod here is to keep things in order, i'm sorry if that makes me come across as an ass sometimes, but it has to be done. Some will like it, others won't, can't please everyone.

This is the download links section, not a discussion forum. There was another thread made specifically for this kind of thing. Others have complained about this kind of talk ruining the thread and i happen to agree with them. The last two pages have been pretty much nothing but software talk, this is not on topic for what the thread was created for, which is sharing and commenting on lossless music.

There should be no need to have this same conversation over and over again just because someone new comes along with the same question. My job as a mod here is to keep things in order, i'm sorry if that makes me come across as an ass sometimes, but it has to be done. Some will like it, others won't, can't please everyone.
    I would remove the last 2 pages (or at least to the last download )

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

and btw.. where the hell is Sirusjr to update the index >_<

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Soundtrack has shipped, will rip and post when it arrives. I can't wait.
    Also, looking into getting Sengoku Basara Utage OST, depends on the game itself which also is on its way.

Would probably be uploading more stuff if it weren't for UMvC3. Damn you Capcom...
    Wanted Lossless Soundtracks:

Please feel free to request anything in my [Hidden link. Register to see links.] collection.

Grand Shriner
    There should be no need to have this same conversation over and over again just because someone new comes along with the same question.
    Right, but when people do? Clearly these questions are asked (and answered) daily, and there's no getting around that, except for prohibiting the discussion in the first place. The only thing that leads to is poor information. I know you can't please everyone but at least let us respond.

Vomitron
    No NES For The Wicked
    FLAC | LOG (100%) | CUE | M3U | COVER | 532 MB | 14 TRACKS

Spoiler!

Log File:
    Spoiler!

Code:
    http://ifile.it/u2046ft/v-nnftw2011fl.rar

Grand Shriner
    nice cover

Koji Kondo
    Nintendo Sound History Series: Zelda the Music
    FLAC | LOG (100%) | CUE | M3U | COVERS | 352 MB | 70 TRACKS

Spoiler!

Log File:
    Spoiler!

Code:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/udCqxhK/nshs-ztmfl.rar

"Next Beat Finder"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrantheo View Post
    Technical discussions are necessary once in a while, but just not those "lossless being pointless or not" ones. I personally enjoy people talking about things about tools, codecs, parameters and such, as it actually helps people (expecially disc-rippers) exchange knowledge and improve qualities of future contributions.

For instance, posts like "NEW EAC VERSION JUST CAME OUT, EVERYONE UPDATE NAO" is rather useful to me at least :P
    Quote Originally Posted by alc123 View Post
    Exactly. I'm not saying we need to beat on about about lossy vs. lossless, but I do hope that some technical discussion is still permitted. It's vital to correct misconceptions and errors, and making a post in some other thread that very few people look at does nothing.
    Quoting these since the same debate happens again.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonglue View Post
    [SIZE=5]

Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2 ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK

Dragoonglue, the MU link is gone. Can you please reupload this?

Actually I enjoy a little discussion thrown in this thread. Helps me learn a bit more about the algorithms and programs and such. Perhaps a FAQ with such information should be made, and when a question is asked, it can be linked to?
    Lossless/320MP3 Requests:

"Ragnarok Online Fan Disc Volume 3: Sound Imagination"