Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Limbo Gamerip (2010, V0)

Quote Originally Posted by fishfish View Post
    No I haven't changed the music (yet) just the ID3 tags for the MP3 files.
    Ah okay. Oh! Apparently there may actually be some kind of official ost. Someone who commented on one of the videos said they talked to the Playdead company (somehow) and they may be thinking about an official release, but... at this point it's still mostly conjecture lol.
    The world is not beautiful, and in that sense it is.

Onion Kid
    I heard about that too, but they'll most likely be slightly different from each other, and the OST won't have tracks with SFX. Personally, even when the official soundtrack comes out - I plan on keeping both the OST and this rip cause they'll both be unique each in their own way.

P.S. just noticed one more thing about the rip: unlike other tracks, "Alone" doesn't have fade-out. So if you'll be adding fade-ins, don't forget to also add fade-out for this track.

P.P.S. to be honest, I'm not a fan of this album cover (boy's pose looks odd on a static picture), so I'm working on a few alternative album covers using graphics and screenshots from the official site. I'll upload them here when I finish.

Limbo Gameripper
    I actually left Alone's cut without any fade because it sounds so similar to Mirage's beginning (the next track). It sounded strange to fade out a sound that comes right back in a few seconds later.

Limbo Gameripper
    Okay L[one]R I've got the continuous version of the gamerip finished (sounds really nice, thanks for the idea). If you'd like to provide artwork for it, I'd be more than happy to include it. I think for continuity, I'll leave the non-continuous gamerip's artwork as is, and use your new artwork for the new version.

I'll upload the album as soon as you've got the art!

Onion Kid
    Okay L[one]R I've got the continuous version of the gamerip finished (sounds really nice, thanks for the idea). If you'd like to provide artwork for it, I'd be more than happy to include it. I think for continuity, I'll leave the non-continuous gamerip's artwork as is, and use your new artwork for the new version.

I'll upload the album as soon as you've got the art!
    Alright, I'm almost done with it. I'll post it tonight. I'm also making a version with tracklist, so let me know if any of the track numbers and names have changed, k?

Limbo Gameripper
    The continuous version is just 1 disk with 24 tracks (as opposed to 3 discs with various numbers of tracks each), but all the track names are the same.

Onion Kid
    Sorry, the forums were down... again.
    Anyway, here's the album artwork "release candidate": [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    I've included 2 tracklists for both types of rips.

Let me know if you want something fixed or changed.

P.S. looking forward to the seamless release. :P

Limbo Gameripper
    Thanks! A few changes I'd love to see made:
    1. The image you chose for the cover is chilling if you know what scene it is, but without the dead body hanging there, it loses a lot of its power. I chose an image for the first cover where the boy was in motion, and I think that's especially important for the continuous mix. Extra.jpg is okay, but I'd rather have a more interesting background. I like using LIMBO as large as you did, that's important for album art.
    2. The font you used for the subtitle on the cover doesn't fit very well. I'd prefer to see something a little thinner, maybe san-serif and something less illustrious.
    3. On 03 - Credits, I'd like to be credited as Fish (I love this font by the way, it's perfect).

Here are a few examples of what I imagine the cover to be.

Thanks so much for the work you've put into making these!

Onion Kid
    Thanks! A few changes I'd love to see made:
    1. The image you chose for the cover is chilling if you know what scene it is, but without the dead body hanging there, it loses a lot of its power. I chose an image for the first cover where the boy was in motion, and I think that's especially important for the continuous mix. Extra.jpg is okay, but I'd rather have a more interesting background. I like using LIMBO as large as you did, that's important for album art.
    Initially I made a version with the body, but it looked odd being stuck between the letters. I'll just try the versions you suggested, since both of them look great.

2. The font you used for the subtitle on the cover doesn't fit very well. I'd prefer to see something a little thinner, maybe san-serif and something less illustrious.
    This is almost exactly the same font that was used for "Playdead Presents" letters in the game, which is why I used it for subtitle.

I know what you mean though. I too get a slight feeling that it doesn't really belong with the rest of the picture. You've chosen a great font on your examples, so I'll use something like that.
    Also, are you sure you want it to be just "Continuous" in the subtitle? What about "Seamless"? Or "Continuous Mix"/"Seamless Mix"? Some people might not get what exactly is there that is "Continuous".

3. On 03 - Credits, I'd like to be credited as Fish (I love this font by the way, it's perfect).
    Fixed. :P
    This is the font that I used for most text there: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

-----------

UPD: I made 4 versions of front covers. 2 similar to the first one I made, and 2 with backgrounds from your examples. I also changed subtitle font on all 4 covers (similar to one on your examples). [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I think a calmer version without much motion would fit the album better, since the music is mostly very slow and focuses on atmosphere. In my opinion Front v1 reflects that atmosphere of calmness, sadness and loneliness, so I still vote for that one.
    v3 is pretty interesting composition-wise, but to me there's too much action going on.
    v4 is another one of my favorites mainly because of its simplicity.

Overall though I'm not sure which I like the most - I've been looking at them for way too long, so I can't judge clearly anymore. +__+

Limbo Gameripper
    I had forgotten about that "Playdead Presents" font! Very clever. I don't want to call it a soundtrack because I don't want it confused with the real OST. Is it just me or is the background image in v1 and v2 look like it's blown up? It looks kind of pixelated to me. My vote goes to v4 with v1 coming in a close second place. I'll upload the new gamerip shortly.

Limbo Gameripper
    Alright I edited it into the original post, let me know if anything is awry!

Onion Kid
    Was gonna post this yesterday, but FFShrine was down.. AGAIN...
    I had forgotten about that "Playdead Presents" font! Very clever. I don't want to call it a soundtrack because I don't want it confused with the real OST. Is it just me or is the background image in v1 and v2 look like it's blown up? It looks kind of pixelated to me. My vote goes to v4 with v1 coming in a close second place. I'll upload the new gamerip shortly.
    Yeah, I think I had to stretch the BG picture in v1, but there's already lots of noise and blur in the first place, so I personally can't really tell if it's pixelated or not. But oh well, v4 it is then.

If anyone needs any of those alternative covers - I've uploaded them all here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

And again, great job on the rip.

Wonderful job on the new seamless rip, fish, and I like the covers. Although, I'm not a huge fan of how thin the text is in the subtitle, but that's just me.

Thanks! Been looking for this for a loooooong time!
    -Without Fear-

Incredible work done on all versions of the rip! And what a marvelous soundtrack! Thanks so much fishfish for your tireless work on the rip.
    Meh :3

Thank you so much man, i loved that game and its ambience, its music... it's just amazing, thank you so much

The Observant Shadow Unimportant-Person's Avatar
    Thank you very much for creating this soundtrack. It is always a pleasure when these songs come up on my playlist.

LIMBO is an amazing game, the lack of a normal storyline, the mysterious atmosphere, the use of black and white while venturing into an unknown world known as limbo...and of course the 'music'. This game is a true masterpiece! Heh.

First of all FISH, thanks for the gamerip. I came across it while scavaging youtube for music, found a playlist, listened, and honestly thought I was listening to the official soundtrack, when I found that it came from this website and was only a gamerip, I had to register and download etc. Basicly, awesome work, this is as good as a gamerip ever gets in my opinion.

Again - THX!

Quote Originally Posted by demonv3 View Post
    I came across it while scavaging youtube for music, found a playlist, listened, and honestly thought I was listening to the official soundtrack
    That would be my playlist. :P lol But yes, it's amazing music, and Fish did a great job.

not enough words in the world to thank you for this! =D

my [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    psn user: shionpaula

msn: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    for Brazilian territory Vendo Jogos para PS3/X360
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] e [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

downloading!!

Thank you soo much. After I finished the game on PS3, I immediately went to iTunes to look for the soundtrack. Honestly, I was disappointed to see only 6 tracks on it. This is muuchhh better! =P

oooooo thank you

Very good music THANKS
    “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”

Thanks!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast