Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 208
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses (recording)

  1. #51
    The Legendary Hero Link28469's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    804
    In case nobody noticed, I updated the audio in the [Hidden link. Register to see links.].
    Nocturnal Risk likes this.

  2. #52
    Is A Man tangotreats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight1 View Post
    Huh? What's your problem with ZREO?
    Do you actually want to know, or is that a passive-aggressive invitation to argue? (In which case, I politely decline.)

  3. #53
    Grand Shriner Rogue_Ledr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    252
    Is this the same music that was on the Special Anniversary music CD?

    ---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

    Damn Mediafire deleted the part 2 of the FLAC files. ARRGHHH!

  4. #54
    Is A Man tangotreats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    4,588
    All downloading fine for me.

  5. #55
    The Legendary Hero Link28469's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue_Ledr View Post
    Is this the same music that was on the Special Anniversary music CD?

    ---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Why do some threads allow multi-posts, while others don't? ----------

    Damn Mediafire deleted the part 2 of the FLAC files. ARRGHHH!
    Quote Originally Posted by tangotreats View Post
    All downloading fine for me.
    Yeah, it's still there. I don't know why part 1 has 9 more downloads than 2, though.

  6. #56
    Grand Shriner Puea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by link28469 View Post
    Yeah, it's still there. I don't know why part 1 has 9 more downloads than 2, though.
    The Link to part 2 in the first post is somehow broken. But when you go to your folder first, and form there to Part2, it works.
    I uploaded some Stuff myself.
    But here are my requests (if anybody cares):
    Lossless rip of the Earthbound Music (from the cartridge)
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Because reasons, here are my favorite composers (not what i think are the best, just my personal favourites)
    1) Hirokazu Tanaka
    2) Wally Beben
    3) Koji Kondo
    4) Michiru Yamane
    5) Rob Hubbard

  7. #57
    The Legendary Hero Link28469's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by Puea View Post
    The Link to part 2 in the first post is somehow broken. But when you go to your folder first, and form there to Part2, it works.
    Fixed. Thank you. I guess I fucked up, forgetting to replace the link to the old (deleted) version, with the new link.

  8. #58
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by link28469 View Post
    In case nobody noticed, I updated the audio in the [Hidden link. Register to see links.].
    Cool, downloading again!

  9. #59
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but the link (to the folder with Faleel's stereo recording, the Symphonic Legends audio, and the CD) isn't working.

  10. #60
    The Legendary Hero Link28469's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by bones777 View Post
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but the link (to the folder with Faleel's stereo recording, the Symphonic Legends audio, and the CD) isn't working.
    Dammit, MediaFire fails a lot. I'll fix it.

    EDIT: Actually, nevermind. I just successfully downloaded them. Something must be wrong on your end...

  11. #61
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25
    Possibly, but it's just (an ad page that pretty much advertises why you should get an account) No, it links to my files (I just remembered my password). I know of some file hosting websites (and mediafire) that need you to make a folder public; do you need to do so on mediafire?

  12. #62
    The Legendary Hero Link28469's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by bones777 View Post
    Possibly, but it's just (an ad page that pretty much advertises why you should get an account) No, it links to my files (I just remembered my password). I know of some file hosting websites (and mediafire) that need you to make a folder public; do you need to do so on mediafire?
    Yes, but mine all are. Did you notice the green download button in the middle of the download page?

  13. #63
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21
    I partly blame Video Games Live where that sort of behavior is not only NOT discouraged, but actively ENCOURAGED. Also, I would imagine that it is probably one of the first concerts a lot of these people have gone to in a symphonic setting. They may simply not know the usual etiquette for stuff like this. All that, combined with the fact that the average age of these people is probably between 13-25 and it is what it is. That being said, classical music concerts usually don't have giant screens depicting video games and people in cosplay running around on stage...so the usual rules might not apply so strictly. Also, the music is good, but this is no Rach 3...so a few of you could tone down the snobbery.

  14. #64
    Silent Shriner #5 Arigeitsu159's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,871
    Hopefully Nintendo at some point decides to release the songs not on Symphony CD from Skward Sword as another official release.

  15. #65
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by link28469 View Post
    Yes, but mine all are. Did you notice the green download button in the middle of the download page?
    No: All it does is bring me to my files. The link in the web address line is correct, and whenever I try a different one, say, the MP3 RAR, it brings me to its respective download page. Maybe it's just being stupid for me.

  16. #66
    Grand Shriner Puea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Arigeitsu159 View Post
    Hopefully Nintendo at some point decides to release the songs not on Symphony CD from Skward Sword as another official release.
    I hope at some point Nintendo releases more Music overall
    Link28469 likes this.

  17. #67
    The Legendary Hero Link28469's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by bones777 View Post
    No: All it does is bring me to my files. The link in the web address line is correct, and whenever I try a different one, say, the MP3 RAR, it brings me to its respective download page. Maybe it's just being stupid for me.
    I think you have to log out of your account first, as I've had this problem, too.
    ↘ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↙
    →                      Originally posted by Puea [Hidden link. Register to see links.]                     
    →   I hope at some point Nintendo releases more Music overall   ←
    ↗ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↖
    As you can see, I strongly agree.

  18. #68
    Bollocks. k_bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    253
    Hi! First, thank you for this! The recording quality is stunning, as far as it concerns me.

    My question is: Are you still working on this one, or is it finished? I just ask because I want to know whether I can burn it for my archives or I should wait.

  19. #69
    Is A Man tangotreats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabukibear View Post
    so a few of you could tone down the snobbery.
    With respect, asking that people adhere to basic rules of courtesy and respect is not snobbery. It's a sad world we live in... where people with standards are insulted, and rude, inconsiderate people are praised or released from responsibility on the grounds that they "don't know any better".

    Well, how do people who don't know, know? By being told, by learning, by making an effort.

  20. #70
    Grand Shriner amld1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by tangotreats View Post
    With respect, asking that people adhere to basic rules of courtesy and respect is not snobbery. It's a sad world we live in... where people with standards are insulted, and rude, inconsiderate people are praised or released from responsibility on the grounds that they "don't know any better".

    Well, how do people who don't know, know? By being told, by learning, by making an effort.
    I think there's a big difference between people in the audience who interrupt for the sake of interrupting ( ala kids in the cinema ), And people in the audience who are moved and share their feelings with those around them in a manner that won't hard another person's enjoyment. I won't start talking loudly in the middle of the concert, but if I would've gone to a zelda concert I bet my friend/GF and I would not keep total complete silence as we are excited, But we would also take measure not to ruin someone else's experience.
    But there are those who are especially anal in concerts that think they are in a room with 500 corpses and are outraged at any slight noise.. These people are not asking for "basic courtsey", They are expecting everyone to curb their enthusiasm

  21. #71
    Is A Man tangotreats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    4,588
    No, no, no! Please, stop casting people who prefer to listen to music in silence as anal snobs! They're NOT!

    As far as I'm concerned, an interruption is an intentional interruption. The only sort that aren't intentional are, for instance, when you have to cough - in which case, you cover your mouth and endeavour to minimise the disruption.

    Saying your interruption isn't intentional because you think you have the right to re-define what is and what isn't an interruption... wow, words fail me.

    "I'm enthusiastic, therefore I will make noise" doesn't work. Do you reckon I'm not enthusiastic when I go to a concert hall, pay 40, 50, 60, 70 for a ticket, and listen to some of the greatest music ever written? Is Fanboy Gamer enthusiasm somehow more valid than Appreciator Of Classical Music enthusiasm? Why is it that the former must be expressed by stamping on hundreds of years of tradition, but the latter by respecting and adhering to tradition?

    Basic courtesy is to not interrupt the enjoyment of the music. It is also to respect the etiquette of symphony concerts, which have been established in their present form for the best part of one hundred years, and have existed in one way or another since the seventeenth century.

    Sorry, Zelda fans - but to be blunt, we were there first.

    Please respect our rules and expectations when visiting our cultural phenomena. Don't forget how such magnificent things as symphonies, concert halls, and orchestras came into existence.

  22. #72
    Grand Shriner amld1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by tangotreats View Post
    No, no, no! Please, stop casting people who prefer to listen to music in silence as anal snobs! They're NOT!

    As far as I'm concerned, an interruption is an intentional interruption. The only sort that aren't intentional are, for instance, when you have to cough - in which case, you cover your mouth and endeavour to minimise the disruption.

    Saying your interruption isn't intentional because you think you have the right to re-define what is and what isn't an interruption... wow, words fail me.

    "I'm enthusiastic, therefore I will make noise" doesn't work. Do you reckon I'm not enthusiastic when I go to a concert hall, pay 40, 50, 60, 70 for a ticket, and listen to some of the greatest music ever written?

    Basic courtesy is to not interrupt the enjoyment of the music. It is also to respect the etiquette of symphony concerts, which have been established in their present form for the best part of one hundred years, and have existed in one way or another since the seventeenth century.

    Sorry, Zelda fans - but to be blunt, we were there first. Please respect our wishes when visiting our cultural phenomena.

    But this IS a Zelda concert so - HA ! I've been to 3 Rachmaninov 3 concerts and I was quiet as a ghost.. a quiet ghost.
    Again, everyone has a right to enjoy these concerts in their own way as long as they have the sense to tell when they are crossing the line of others' enjoyment. You can't have COMPLETE silence in a room with hundreds of people. Imagine you take your girlfriend who is not accostmed to the music, would you not whisper some explanation and background in her ear so she'd enjoy it more?

    When I hear someone talking quietly and explaining something to another person I will ignore it and not make a fuss, but if I see someone is unaware of anyone but himself you can be sure i'm the first guy to shush him.

  23. #73
    Grand Shriney
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by amld1 View Post
    Imagine you take your girlfriend who is not accostmed to the music, would you not whisper some explanation and background in her ear so she'd enjoy it more?
    I would explain it to her before I take her LOL (or on the drive over), so "HA!"

  24. #74
    Is A Man tangotreats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    4,588
    But this IS a Zelda concert so - HA ! I've been to 3 Rachmaninov 3 concerts and I was quiet as a ghost.. a quiet ghost.
    I understand that. What I don't understand is why you're arguing that since the music is written by Koji Kondo and not Sergei Rachmaninov, that is deserves less respect.

    Again, everyone has a right to enjoy these concerts in their own way as long as they have the sense to tell when they are crossing the line of others' enjoyment.
    Does the fact that so many people are complaining about noise during these concerts not suggest that they are crossing the line, and [i] adversely affecting the enjoyment of others?

    You can't have COMPLETE silence in a room with hundreds of people.
    Of course you can't. I think six hundred years of classical music has learned that much. But because absolute silence is impossible doesn't mean you should turn the concert hall into a speakeasy.

    Incidentally, the Royal Albert Hall accommodates 6,500 people when at capacity. The silence in that building is beyond magical.

    Imagine you take your girlfriend who is not accostmed to the music, would you not whisper some explanation and background in her ear so she'd enjoy it more?
    I frequently take my girlfriend to concerts. Sometimes she's more enthusiastic than others. She's not quite "into it" as much as I am but she goes along to support me, because she's interested in broadening her horizons, and because occasionally after sitting through "hours and hours of your pretentious crap, I hear something I really, really love, and it makes it worthwhile".

    Right at the beginning, I made sure she understood the concert hall etiquette. She was keen to "get it right", so to speak, because she didn't wish to cause offense to me or anybody else at the concert, and because she respected the history and traditions of the concert hall. I try to give her as much information as possible before the concert, and perhaps whisper during applause - and talk at length during the interval. When the music is playing; that's listening time - not time for a whispered narration of the programme notes...

    I also took my father to a concert in 1995. He started applauding seven minutes into Sibelius' 5th symphony. Getting glared at by 1,400 people is an experience I am keen not to repeat.

  25. #75
    Grand Shriner amld1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    276
    Hehe funny story about your dad

    Again, The arguement here is not interruption vs. quiet listening. It is that courtesy should go both well. There should be tolerance from both sides and it can be achieved. The anal snob type that was mentioned is very much real, this is not refering to the average concert goes but to those who are in the delusion of owning the place and setting the rules by their own standards, They are usually very condesending in their attitude and hence the term anal snob haha. If someone politely bring to my attention that I was interrupting without being aware I will politely agree and make sure to not repeat that. That's the way I do it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •