Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising Soundtrack (FLAC and MP3)

Quote Originally Posted by lvalice2 View Post
    Though I do feel sorry for left-handers, or more accurately, sorry for any shmuck whose actually trying to use CirclePad Pro for anything except a door stop.
    Hey, it works as a coaster, too!
    BTW, I don't have one.

♫It's a weird science party!♫ Anonymousmon's Avatar
    Dismissing Ivalice's sarcasm, I do know the controls by now. That doesn't mean I have to like them.
    I do not do reuploads.
    Looking for: King of the Hill TV Series OST
    Umineko No Naku Koro Ni: Ougon Musou Kyoku OST: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmon View Post
    Dismissing Ivalice's sarcasm, I do know the controls by now. That doesn't mean I have to like them.
    Nevertheless, all other aspect of the game are great, aren't they?

Shriner
    The controls aren't so bad. On land, I'm used to the default, it's kinda like Metroid Hunters. 'Cept 3rd person. And you can dash. (Ok, so I guess it's not really like that.. but anyway..) Finding and alternative attack button is hard when you're right-handed; especially since my launch 3DS is pulling that "HERP DE DERP DEFECTIVE L BUTTON" crap that has happened to EVERY DS system I've owned.

P.S.: And I agree, real music/non-game music IS boring.
    The question is... Who doesn't like
    game music?

BEST GAME EVER:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thanks Vegeta for your suggestions! I'll give them a try next time I make a FLAC rip.

Also, as for the controls. It's funny, as I found controlling Mario Kart 7 worse than this (more hand crampy while playing for hours, at least), although they both weren't bad. In fact, I personally love the controls in Kid Icarus: Uprising, but I can see why some people wouldn't, especially if you're not used to holding the system in your left hand. Fortunately, I've been doing this since I bought a Game Boy and I've played lots of Stylus-heavy games on the DS and 3DS. Also, the fact that I have a Nyko battery pack might be why I feel more comfortable, as well, as it gives you a better grip on the 3DS. That said, I've only managed to clear Chapter 1 on Intensity 9.0 and some Chapters on Intensity 8.0 so far, so I still have quite a ways to go before before clearing all Chapters on Intensity 9.0.

Onion Kid
    Anonymousmon is right. The controls are insufferable. Rest of the game is top notch, but the controls really ruined the game for it.
    And I am one of those who loved Skyward sword controls, so it's not me not being able to adapt to new control schemes, this one just isn't a good fit for
    the type of game this is.
    At least the recognised this and have lower intensities that allow even peopel who can't finish the game on higher intensities with the controls.
    They even have alternate non touchscreen control setups, as well as a stand, because they had concerns about everyone liking this setup.

Grand Shriner
    After a good listening, I feel the selection could've been better even with the 1 cd constraint.

For example, if they aimed for variability, there's no point on having "That First Town" when you already have "Main Theme".
    The music for the flying section in Chapter 6 is the superior arrange of the Dark Pit Theme.
    The soundtrack for chapters 12 and 18 are very similar, I would've ditched one of the two.
    The synth tracks of the game aren't great, and the flying section of chapter 20 is no exception.

I still hope there's still the chance for a retail two-disc release, with Reaper Fortress, Medusa's Final Battle, The Wish Seed, Reset Bomb Depot (Interior), The Lunar Sanctum, Lightning Battle (ground), Mysterious Invaders (ground), To the Aurum Brain, The Chaos Vortex, Hades' Belly and The War's End.

What do you guys think?

stop PM for re-up, ask on board. Simon B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotaro-kun View Post
    Dissapointed!? Holy crap over-reaction to the controlls. The characters and story was awesome. Thanks for the upload. But man tho Simon. loving pit but hating his adventure. yikes
    how old are you ?

I agree Ikkutebayo. The OST's missing a lot of tracks that I liked, like the ones you mentioned. I feel this game really deserved a 2-disc soundtrack. Who knows, maybe Nintendo will make one, but I doubt it, though.

On that note, I'm not a huge fan of Chapter 20's air theme, either, especially when compared to the game's other selection of tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsplog View Post
    Thanks Vegeta for your suggestions! I'll give them a try next time I make a FLAC rip.

Also, as for the controls. It's funny, as I found controlling Mario Kart 7 worse than this (more hand crampy while playing for hours, at least), although they both weren't bad. In fact, I personally love the controls in Kid Icarus: Uprising, but I can see why some people wouldn't, especially if you're not used to holding the system in your left hand. Fortunately, I've been doing this since I bought a Game Boy and I've played lots of Stylus-heavy games on the DS and 3DS. Also, the fact that I have a Nyko battery pack might be why I feel more comfortable, as well, as it gives you a better grip on the 3DS. That said, I've only managed to clear Chapter 1 on Intensity 9.0 and some Chapters on Intensity 8.0 so far, so I still have quite a ways to go before before clearing all Chapters on Intensity 9.0.
    That's exactly how I feel. I also loved Skyward's controls, and I enjoy them greatly. The problem with Kid Icarus is the stylus-exclusive controls. They should adopt a scheme similar to Kingdom Hearts 360 whatever days and Re:coded's control method for ground battles ONLY. Air battle controls are excellent. It's on the ground where I have trouble.

PS: I, too, have a Nyko battery.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by link28469 View Post
    Nevertheless, all other aspect of the game are great, aren't they?
    Duh. Why else did I download the music? XD

Grand Shriner
    Play me online. I'll show you how default controls with default sensitivities are meant to be played. ;]

Onion Kid
    Thanks for the tracks, but how come no Dark Lord Gaol's castle or the inside of the Aurum hive one that sounds like Blade Runner, they are faves.

BTW I'm left handed and have no problem with the controls at all, In fact it's probably better for me then it you righties. Yes people are used to holding the stylus in their pen holding hand but equally since the dawn of time (well arcade machines) we have become used to controlling our on screen avatar with th pad/stick on the left hand side.

Double BTW, just in case anyone hasn't noticed when 3D is on you get a slight hiss over the earphones with the 3DS (unless it's plugged into the mains), not sure if it's an issue with all software or just KIU, can't say I've noticed it with anything else?.

Play me online. I'll show you how default controls with default sensitivities are meant to be played. ;]
    No thanks. I don't do douchebags.

Grand Shriner
    No thanks. I don't do douchebags.
    Its ok... I'd have a lack of confidence too if I also sucked at playing a game that only requires only 3 actions.

Trololo...
    Honestly, though, this is fun to read.

Shriner
    Thanks for the upload! Doesn't matter how much I like or don't a game itself, good music is good music~

Its ok... I'd have a lack of confidence too if I also sucked at playing a game that only requires only 3 actions.
    Someone on the internet dislikes a game I like? I won't stand for such an impossibility! I better be as smug as possible, that'll show em how much cooler and smarter I am!

OOOHH MA GASH THANK YOUUU

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenskini View Post
    Thanks for the upload! Doesn't matter how much I like or don't a game itself, good music is good music~

Someone on the internet dislikes a game I like? I won't stand for such an impossibility! I better be as smug as possible, that'll show em how much cooler and smarter I am!
    You go girl. Strut them angel feathers.

Grand Shriner
    Thanks for posting a new thread and uploading!

thank you

Anyone may add on PSN! Please tell me that you found me on ffshrine in the friend request before you do, please. I mostly play LittleBigPlanet 2.

Thank you!

The ignore button does wonders.

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    @Ivalice2: Time to cool it with the insults. Any more insults and it will be ban time.

Thank you for the up OP
    MEAAAANNNN... WOOOO BAWW GAWD GEAN!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    @Ivalice2: Time to cool it with the insults. Any more insults and it will be ban time.
    1st off, doesn't do much good to threaten anyone about a ban for a free account. To me, all that "ban" means is a 3 minute inconvenience. If I cared about any of my accounts, then I wouldn't put a number in them.

2nd off, which conversation were you reading? Go look over it again. I may have been rude (albeit very playfully) but I never directrly insulted anyone. Go back and the replies of the one who can't play the game right; justified response or not, he's the only one being insulting.

Indirectly-passively aggressively saying someone sucks at a game isn't an insult. But directly calling X a Y is. So give the other one a lecture in the sacred arts of cooling it and what constitutes as an insult. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Link28469 View Post
    He didn't threaten you, he warned you, and it's not wise to argue with a super mod.
    You're too right. I better obey lest I suffer the agony of having to fill out six fields in a new member registration form. I just don't think my heart could take that. See? Its not an argument because I agreed with you :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast