Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: JBTND`s soundtrack collection

Grand Shriner

JBTND`s soundtrack collection

I have these game OSTs and rips (below). I`m looking for more INSTRUMENTALS in the following styles:
    - rock / metal;
    - industrial (sometimes it`s a lot more driving, well simply rocking than so called "rock" music itself);
    - brakebeat;
    - techno;
    - electronic(a), especially its cyberpunk sub-genre;
    - orchestral / electronic;
    - well basically any standalone music tracks, not even necessarily whole soundtracks or greater parts of them at least since I`m not picky regarding such matters at all. I may love (and there`s multitude of true-story examples of such titles) some massive, prolonged and the most varied soundtracks which have at least a single track that appears as written just for me. Surely bigger amount of awesome tracks never hurts nevertheless I wouldn`t mind having some specific tracks from overall “not-my-cup-of-tea-obviously” kind of accompaniments composed for any visual media either. So since an amount of compositions I enjoy never happens to be the main factor for me even the most “scattered” recommendations of standalone tracks are always appreciated!
    And basically all those genres and entire styles listed above don`t even represent the whole matter thoroughly! Just any musical piece with some electro guitar riffs, the more the better and the more “badass” the better but anything goes as long as the track itself serves good, have lots of opportunities to enter my musical pantheon! That and unspecified list of music origins broadens my search limitations even further thus making it a whole world of potentially delicious music I have not yet discovered unfortunately.

You can read my list under a spoiler for not recommending soundtracks I have already. My best ones are underlined to give you an example of what soundtrack has a priority for me. Most sections of the list (only the last and the biggest one doesn`t have any since it`s not direction this forum is taking anyway so I don`t see anyone downloading music which is most definitely not soundtrack to any kind of visual media from here) have the following tags used throughout them:

(Ripped) means I got music scanning or opening archives IE ripped it on my own or with some advice. Usually it`s complete with pointing out from what exact version it was ripped. Notice that all the exclusives of their respective platforms don`t have such details and are simply stated to be (ripped) ones. Not only I`m too lazy for that but in such cases it wouldn`t make sense to indicate the platform it was ripped from (as it`s the only one the game is available on!) anyway.
    (Recorded) means my own line-in gamerip.
    (Openly) means music was originally in standalone form of files encoded in some widely-known sound format / codec, in other words the one which doesn`t require any significant effort to make them play (think OGG Vorbis, MPEG Audio layer 2-3, (AD)PCM Wave, Windows media audio, etc.) and situated in some game directory, I mean the most typical file folder which doesn`t have anyone apply much of an effort to actually access them. I also felt appropriate to put such a tag on games using sequenced / tracker music in addition to that aforementioned yet not quite complete list of the most standard lossy and even lossless audio codecs. The latter (IE list) was compiled from a number of formats usually and routinely used for storing sound data basically everywhere, outside of games at least.
    If you`re wondering why I supposed it being so necessary to separate such games from (most) other (ripped) ones… Of course 99% of other people would call any sound files coming from game sources “ripped” ones but somehow when inventing such personal tags years ago I really wanted to separate the titles which truly put you in need for making something to obtain ripped VGM from the ones providing you their music on a plate, so called “openly”. That old classification still serves quite well, by the likes of it at least as it seems to me.
    (Else) means I`ve never even approached the respective game, not to say attempted to rip it with my own efforts / someone`s helpful advices but simply got its music, no matter if that was rip or an official release. Not from Galbadia hotel or FFShrine forums though.
    No brackets at all mean I got a soundtrack from here, either these exact forums or GH. Here also go the ones which I downloaded somewhere else but they were revealed to be reposts of material which originated from here. Oppositely stuff that came from somewhere else but ended up getting reposted here after all goes in this sub-division as well.

You can request some particular soundtrack(s) from my list to be uploaded. You`re free to ask about (ripped), (recorded), (openly) or (else) ones but if you see no brackets near the game`s name then just search for it here using our forums [Hidden link. Register to see links.] or [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. Keep in mind however that it would never hurt to try searching even for soundtracks tagged as (ELSE) here beforehand. I could easily grab a thing or two from other community / site and forget about it entirely, not to mention start monitoring it on FFS forums or at (not updated for years now but anyway) GH to finally delete a tag right after a VG / movie title as it`s accessible from our forums.

So here it is, feel free to use it and I`d even be eternally grateful if any of you whom I helped out anyhow recommended me a soundtrack or two to keep this stack of great music growing and not stagnating to a slightest extent! This was the very purpose of this thread in the beginning of times after all.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by JBTND; 09-30-2014 at 08:12 AM.
    Winged Cat, uut, Uvogin and 1 others like this.

Umm...what?

Have a request or rip that you can't find? stop by vgm legacy today and enjoy the wonders of 100% quality gamerips today here at vgm legacy!

Requests Are Closed
    0 Remaining

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeC View Post
    Umm...what?
    +1

Too much to read also.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - Blues-Rock - Just trying to get some hard working musicians attention.

Yeah... I just read it twice, and I'm still confused as to the actual purpose of the thread.
    "There's lots of law these days, but not much justice. Celebrities murder their wives and go free. A mother kills her children, and the news people on TV say she's the victim and want you to send money to her lawyers. When everything's upside down like this, what fool just sits back and thinks justice will prevail?"
    -Dean Koontz

Grand Shriner
    Uh. I'm a bit confused but I think I got the meaning. He wants to know which of the soundtracks on his list are techno/electronic. But that doesnt make sense, if he has the soundtracks why not listen to them? I don't think I'm understanding him correctly.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Lossless requests:

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    He's looking for games that have music in all the different genre's he's mentioned, but mostly rock. The list of games is what he has already.

Grand Shriner
    Ah that makes more sense. Then in that case I can help.

Chaser - electronic
    House of dead - rock/electronic
    Red Faction - electronic
    Quake series- electronic/rock
    Vivisector - electronic/rock
    Red steel - rock
    UT series - electronic/rock
    Painkiller - rock
    Timeshift - industrial
    Doom 3 - rock theme song, ambience ingame music

I reviewed the first person ones that i've played or have listened to the ost for.

BTW where'd you get Dusk 12, Kreed, and Voltage? A lot of your games haven't been released yet.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by pietastesgood View Post
    I reviewed the first person ones that i've played or have listened to the ost for.
    Chaser - electronic
    House of dead - rock/electronic
    Red Faction - electronic
    Quake series- electronic/rock
    Vivisector - electronic/rock
    Red steel - rock
    UT series - electronic/rock
    Painkiller - rock
    Timeshift - industrial
    Then you want me to select from these my most beloved ones and create another separate threads like: "Recommend me electronic", "Recommend me electronic/rock", ''Recommend me rock/electronic", "Recommend me industrial" and so on?
    Quote Originally Posted by JBTND View Post
    sometimes electronic
    I don`t know aren`t there at least general or strict borders between electronic and similar ones, but this term is used everywhere and without any limitation. How do you call "Death track - resurrection" OST? According to all game reviews and some of your words, it`s ?electronic? Am I so incompetent to say that some tracks (not even nearly all, but I don`t care about their number, that`s why I loved Voltage for one rock track out of 12-15 pure electronic) are "industrial metal"? Also - Chrome1 and Army of two have orchestral based music with a lot of these "electronic sounds". Do you call them ?electronic? or orchestral like I do?
    BTW where'd you get Dusk 12, Kreed, and Voltage? A lot of your games haven't been released yet.
    I thought I`ve been living on the border of Europe and I am getting everything a long time after the West does but...? I understand why we got Battle rage 6 months before US and EU did - we are much closer to Poland then they are, but Voltage was released officially in the 26th of October, 2008. Kreed - in the summer of the 2003.

Grand Shriner
    Yeah, I only typed the ones that were completely electronic/industrial etc.

Chrome, psychotoxic, you are empty, tribes, warpath, cod4, u2: a, halo, half life, half life 2, chrome specforce, instinct.

Okay lol I found Kreed, gamespot threw me off because it said the release date was TBA still for some reason.

We still don't have Voltage, well maybe we do but it's all covered up by Crank 2: High Voltage, that's pretty much all that pops up in a google search.

And we definitely don't have Dusk 12. The demo isn't even out here, just some gameplay videos.

And where did you get Starcraft Ghost? It's been canceled. In the U.S. here at least.

Shriner
    JBTND did you rip Hot Wheels - World race (ripped), Beat that (ripped), Velocity X (ripped). Sence they say ripped on the side of the title. If you did can you please upload them. Ive been looking fore these for soooo long.
    That wold make my day!

Grand Shriner
    I think he means the game was ripped. Like portable. Not the soundtrack.

A gamerip (game) not gamerip (soundtrack). Scene releases with smaller sizes than the iso's.

Shriner
    I do know what ripped means. Taking audio off a disc. If anyone has these ripped please post a quick reply. The ripped im looking for are:
    Hot Wheels World Race
    Hot Wheels Beat that
    Hot Wheels Velocity X
    Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge

This would be so cool if someone would rip these.

Grand Shriner
    "Ripped" means that I had to scan game files or record sound while game`s running. "Openly in a folder" means that the music is accessed as audio files in some directories of game.

Pietastesgood, you mean that Ghost game gevelopment was stopped and it`s not going to be released? Anyways, I have some tracks Kevin Manthei had time to do.

To JSSJR90 - I have "Celebrat", "Challeng", "Gameover", "Scorcher", "Title", "Vapour", "Waveripp" for World race, at least .mib and .mih files I ripped them from were called like that. For Beat that - all 6 rock tracks and 1 electronic out of 4 like this one. For Stunt track challenge - two versions of "Title" and "Spider", 5 tracks from VelocityX. I save only styles mentioned in the 1st post and many games after ripping are gone so I can`t redo it. If you don`t want these, you can scan for .ogg in the biggest "Beat that" file (don`t remember the name). Also,
    Hot wheels - stunt track challenge (openly)
    so you can get them all from "music" folder even in two versions - .wav and .ogg
    World race was ripped with some specified program which can convert .mih+.mib to .wav even when working with files from console disks.
    nitoiviorel1 likes this.

Grand Shriner
    Yes, it got canceled. I posted some samples from Manthei's site a few months ago, though, is that what you're talking about?

Shriner
    Just last night I was searching around on the internet for Hot Wheels World Race PC music rip. And I found it! Now for the other Hot Wheels games I mentioned I was hoping they was going to be complete rips but thanks for your efforts. But I think Ill just rip those by self through line in recording.

Grand Shriner
    1. Chaser (somewhere else) - electronic
    2. Chrome Specforce (openly in a folder) - orchestral/electronic
    3. House of dead 1,2,4 - rock/electronic
    6. Psychotoxic - Gateway to hell (openly in a folder) - orchestral/electronic
    7. Red faction 1,2 - electronic
    9. Quake 1,2,3 (ripped), 4 addons for the 1st and the 2nd; - ambient/electronic/rock
    16. You are empty (somewhere else) - electronic
    17. Tribes 1,2,3 (openly in a folder) - electronic
    20. Gene troopers (ripped) - orchestral
    21. Unreal2 Awakening (ripped) -orchestral/electronic
    22. Dusk 12 (openly in a folder) - electronic/orchestral
    23. Vivisector (openly in a folder) - electronic/rock
    24. Exodus from Earth (ripped) - electronic/rock
    25. Deadhunt (ripped) - techno
    26. Red steel - orchestral/jap/rock/electronic
    27. Unreal tournament 1, 2003, 2004 (ripped) - rock/electronic/orchestral
    30. Painkiller - Battle out of hell (openly in a folder) - rock
    31. Kreed (else) - techno
    32. Warpath (openly) - orchestral/electronic
    33. Final doom - rock
    34. Redline (openly) - unknown
    35. Hellforces (openly) - unknown
    36. Alpha prime (else) - electronic
    37. Call of duty4 (openly) - orchestral/electronic/metal
    38. Half-life (else) - ambient/electronic
    39. Timeshift (ripped) - industrial
    40. Duke Nukem 3d (PC ripped and Sega) - rock
    42. Chrome (openly) - orchestral/electronic
    43. Dark apes - Fate of devolution (openly) - unknown
    44. Half life2 Episode2 - ambient/electronic
    45. Instinct (ripped) - metal
    46. Halo - Combat evolved (ripped) - orchestral/electronic
    47. Paragraph 78 (openly) - unknown
    48. Painkiller (openly) - rock
    49. Daikatana (else) - unknown
    50. Nitro family (openly) - unknown
    51. Will Rock (openly) -unknown
    52. Blood2 -unknown
    53. Axis (openly) -unknown
    54. Doom3 (ripped) -ambient/rock
    55. Venom. Codename - Outbreak (ripped) - orchestral/electronic
    56. Rat hunter (openly) - unknown
    Third person action

1. Swarm (ripped) - unknown
    2. Hellgate - London (ripped) - orchestral/metal/electronic
    3. Collapse (ripped) - unknown
    4. Tekken 3,4,5 - unknown
    7. Dead or alive 1-4 - rock
    11. Kill.switch - metal/electronic/orchestral
    12. Slave zero (ripped) - unknown
    13. Devil may cry 1-4 -rock
    17. Duke Nukem - Time to kill -rock
    18. One must fall - Battlegrounds (else) -unknown
    19. Heavy metal FAKK2 (ripped) -unknown
    20. WCW thunder -unknown
    21. BloodRayne2 (else) - orchestral
    22. Deathsmiles -unknown
    23. Kane&Lynch - Dead men (else) - industrial/ambient
    24. C&C renegade - industrial
    25. Obscure2 (ripped) - ambient
    26. Battle rage (openly) - metal
    27. Starcraft - Ghost (else) - electronic/orchestral
    28. Duke Nukem - Land of babes - unknown
    29. Infernal (ripped) -rock
    30. Evil zone - unknown
    31. WWF Smackdown 1,2,3,4,5 - rock
    36. Seriuos Sam 1 (openly), 2 encounter (ripped), 2 (ripped) - unknown
    39. Perfect dark zero - rock
    40. James Bond - Tomorrow never dies -rock
    41. The rage (2001 fighting) (else) - rock
    42. Guilty gear X, XX, Isuka - unknown
    45. Apocalyptica -unknown
    46. Manhunt - ambient
    47. Contra - Shattered soldier -unknown
    48. Silent hill 2, 4 -rock/ambient
    50. Iron man XO manowar - unknown
    51. Smackdown vs Raw 1, 2007 -rock
    53. Underground fighting (openly) -unknown
    54. Antikiller (openly) -unknown
    55. WWE raw (openly), wrestlemania -rock
    57. Open season (ripped) -unknown
    58. Heavy metal thunder -unknown
    59. Duke Nukem - Manhattan project -unknown
    60. Metal combat (openly) -unknown
    61. Over the hedge (ripped) -unknown
    62. WCW nitro -unknown
    63. Lord of Vermilion -unknown
    GTA

1. Total overdose
    2. Crackdown -electronic
    3. Marc Ecko`s Getting up (ripped)
    4. Bully (else) orchestral
    5. Driver3 (ripped)
    6. Outlaw chopper (openly)
    Vehicle combat

1. Full auto2 - metal/electronic/orchestral
    2. Pursuit force -orchestral
    3. Bumper wars (ripped)
    4. Sledgehammer (ripped)
    5. Monster jam (ripped)
    6. Monster jam - Maximum destruction (ripped)
    7. Hellspeed (openly)
    8. AIM racing (openly)
    9. Upshift strike racer (openly)
    10. ELITE corp. (openly)
    11. Death track - Resurrection -metal/electronic
    12. Clutch (ripped)
    13. Smash up derby (Demolition champions)
    14. Hard truck - Apocalypse (else), "..."-Meridian113 (ripped), "..."-arcade (ripped)
    17. Carmageddon 1
    18. Hot wheels - World race (ripped), Beat that (ripped), Velocity X (ripped)
    21. Alarm for Cobra 11 - Nitro (openly), Crash time2 (openly)
    23. Road wars (openly)
    24. Vigilante 8
    25. Extreme demolition (openly)
    26. Armobiles (ripped)
    27. Bandits - Phoenix rising (else)
    28. Destruction derby 2 (else), 3 raw
    30-33. Twisted metal 1,2,3, Head on (else) - metal/electronic/orchestral
    Motorcycles and bicycles

1. Moto racer2 (ripped), 3 (openly)
    3. Redlynx trials (ripped)
    4. Ducati world championship (ripped)
    5. Rad challenge 07 (Mountain bike challenge 08) (openly)
    6. MotoGP 2, 3 (openly), 07 (openly), 08 (ripped)
    10. FIM speedway 2 (openly), 3 (openly)
    12. Superbikes - Riding challenge (ripped)
    13. Mountain bike - Adrenaline (ripped)
    14. American chopper 1 (openly), 2 (ripped)
    16. MTX mototrax (ripped)
    17. Scooter pro (ripped)
    18. Dirt bike maniacs (openly)
    19. Motorama (openly)
    ATV

1. Kawasaki quad bikes (openly)
    2. ATV quadro racing (ripped)
    3. Pure (ripped)
    Rally and offroad

1. GTI racing (openly)
    2. SCORE international Baja 1000 (ripped)
    3. Colin McRae DiRT (ripped)
    4. Ford racing (else)
    5. Ford racing offroad (openly)
    6. Test drive 5, offroad
    8. Insane (openly)
    9. Screamer 4x4 (openly)
    10. 4x4 evolution2 (ripped)
    11. Forza motorsport
    12. Rally fusion
    13. Larry Ragland 4x4 challenge (openly)
    14. Tough trucks - Modified monsters (openly)
    15. Master rallye (openly)
    16. GM rally (openly)
    17. NASCAR sim racing (else)
    18. Sega rally revo
    19. World racing2 (openly)
    20. Xpand rally Xtreme (openly)
    Professional racing

1. F1 world grand prix 2000 (openly)
    2. rFactor (openly)
    3. Formula1
    4. GT legends (openly)
    Street and fantastic racing

1. Hot wheels - stunt track challenge (openly)
    2. RC cars (openly)
    3. Test drive 6
    4. Gran turismo 1-4
    8. Voltage (openly)
    9. LA street racing (openly)
    10. NFS 2, 3
    12. Stunt GP (openly)
    13. Big scale racing (else)
    14. Ballistics (else)
    15. Pyroblazer -metal/electronic
    Strategies

1. Starcraft -orchestral/electronic
    2. Warfare (else) - electronic
    3. Red alert 1,2,3 - orchestral/metal
    6. C&C3 tiberium wars (else) - electronic
    7. Universe at war (else) -metal/electronic/orchsetral
    8. Emperor - Battle for Dune - metal/electronic
    9. Cops 2170 - Power of law (openly)
    10. C&C Tiberium dawn - industrial
    Top down

1. Shadowgrounds - rock
    2. Jets`n`guns (else)
    3. Restricted area (openly)
    4. Mad cars (openly)
    5. Prototype - OMG YOU HAVE THIS ALREADY?
    6. Kill deal (openly)
    7. Crimsonland (openly)
    8. Alien shooter 1 (openly), 2 (openly)
    10. Partisan (else)
    11. Drive`n`kill (openly)
    12. 47 dead men (Mexican motor mafia) (openly)
    Unknown genre

1. Ace combat 1,2,4,5,6,0 -rochestral/rock/electronic
    7. Guitar Freaks 1,2, Drummania
    10. Freakout- Extreme freeride (else)
    11. Lost child
    12,13. 18 wheels of steel - Across America (ripped), "..." - Pedal to he metal (ripped)

That's all of them i know.

Grand Shriner
    Tribes 1,2 - electronic
    Alpha prime - electronic
    That`s what I`m talking about! Tribes&Alpha prime with these many loud and angry electroguitars are electronic!
    Unreal2 Awakening -orchestral/electronic
    So Drakk tracks, some spiders tracks, menu with its guitars in the end after some mysterious place and especially ANGELS are orchestral/electronic?
    Deadhunt - techno
    Techno is quite WIDE style and can be called also like electronic or industrial. I thought this sub-genre is called
    furious (heavy) techno
    Kreed - techno
    C&C3 tiberium wars - electronic
    Like I said I`m not much into these styles but calling this a techno or electronic... Does big amount of electronic sounds give a right to call anything "techno"?
    Chrome - orchestral/electronic
    Then you forgot about some rock? I DON`T NEED MANY TRACKS PER GAME THROUGH 1 (LIKE CHASER, called as Docklands or Water plant) OR 2 ARE REALLY IRRITANT. LIKE YOU KNOW I THREW OFF ANY NON-ROCK SOUNDTRACKS AFTER LISTENING TO ALL OST AND I DIDN`T REMEMBER MUSIC OF ANOTHER STYLES, SO THE LAST ONE DOESN`T CHANGE MY OPINION ABOUT TRACKS I SAVED TO COLLECTION. AND I PICKED OUT TRACKS FROM CHROME IN MY LIST BECAUSE I LIKE THEM, NOT ORCHESTRAL/ELECTRONIC (WHAT A PITY YOU DON`T HAVE TRACKS CALLED mp3_№.wav ON GH). I have orchestral/electronic like Specforce only if there`re guitars like in a theme or some attack tracks.
    Venom. Codename - Outbreak - orchestral/electronic
    We are definetely talking about different games. Mine is 2001 PC Ukrainese FPS by "GSC game world", and soundtrack isn`t nearly orchestral/electronic
    Slave zero - unknown
    That`s an example of wideness of damn borders of styles. I saw it called a "cruel industrial", "heavy techno" and "brake-beat".
    Obscure2 - ambient
    Where`d you get it? I ripped and have not only a lot of tracks with electroguitars, orchestra and chorus playing at once but even a few of this much pure rock that it even doesn`t have drums.
    Battle rage - metal
    Fractal chaos tracks are really metal but poor Gegniewitz has rock, not metal - use this word always with caution, please - only in the beginnings and endings of 4 first tracks out of 9 (and 3 more are from Burn game). What can be done when electronic-man is enforced to do his unloved music?
    Starcraft - Ghost - electronic/orchestral
    Are you sure that Mar Sara or Lurker boss have only orchestra and electronic? So why did I save them to collection?
    Emperor - Battle for Dune - metal/electronic
    At least I found contrast case! When some sickly (wilted) rock of kindergarten weight is called METAL!
    My upcoming friend! I don`t want to offend you but why did you do this classification? I`m horrified about this mix of terms and actual music which don`t coincide. How do I now look for my music in reviews of games or OSTs after that? I know OSTs sites where reviews and even instrumental descriptions (this is how I found one Ace combat game without which I didn`t know about existion of these series) can be found and I have read them all, so it means I could skip some?
    Well, any other users - join us in a discussion! I`m especially interested is there more rock from strategies cause they have orchestral so strongly attached to their stereotype... Even "mature" ones - Warhammer Dawn of war2, for example - has gibs and blood, like I read, but OST is orchestral like in all games of these series. But too more "wide auditory of players" Emperor - Battle for Dune has it for some reason.
    Also - orchestration of shooters, a goldmine in some old days, is increasing every day. The more it`s bloody and mature in all ways the less chances it has to get to my collection. Does searching in them have some sense now or are they all fallen after damn siege of ordinarity? Even massively-multiplayer games like UT3, Burn or Alien arena (and Huxley, like I read in description of one its video) have no one rock track now. You can count action games I have and see: the more modern they are the less games for this year I have.

Grand Shriner
    Well I played these games a long time ago, I don't remember every single track, might have missed one or two genres. I haven't actually played Obscure 2, I was kind of guessing the genre there as most survival horror games utilize ambient (Silent Hill excluded).

Okay, if you don't consider that techno, I guess we have different opinions. Let's refer to it simply as electronic then.

We have different opinions on music genre I'm supposing.

I'm pretty sure Burn had a rock track, if not, then there was a lot of electronic.

Grand Shriner
    Burn is rock?? Are you`re talking about .ogg from "music" folder? Number of your track, please, I`m really interested if I could miss any rock or electronic with intensions of the first one.
    Also to all visitors! I now have all my styles of non-standard rock in an archive, so check out the first post.

Sees break beat.
    Does Ctrl+F for "Sonic Rush" and "Jet Set Radio"
    Finds neither.

Sees country.
    Does Ctrl+F for Blast Corps.
    Doesnt see it.

Get on it, man.

Grand Shriner
    Well, [Hidden link. Register to see links.] can be referred to electronic rock, but I thought country is just a sub-genre of pure rock (I mean without electronic or orchestra). [Hidden link. Register to see links.] has 6 and 10 tracks of rock but all album is vocal, including all other tracks which are "pure electronic".
    I don`t definetely know what is break-beat or electro, I just remembered them after got some good OSTs in these styles - at least, in styles mentioned in a description). So let`s describe it like this:
    I look for rock OSTs or ones that have electroguitars anyway included (included in orchestral track, chorus orchestral, electronic or any other sub-genre).

Some games mix it up well while others literally put one song on loop, (and it's not even that long). Game music should be about creating an experience, much like going to a movie, with multiple feelings/emotions planned out with the music.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    Well, who said I`m arguing about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyBandage
    Some games mix it up well while others literally put one song on loop, (and it's not even that long). Game music should be about creating an experience, much like going to a movie, with multiple feelings/emotions planned out with the music.
    I never let down any games with a huge intention of unloved styles if their rock part is fine or not bad at least. For example, Chrome 1 has approximately 5% of its music in my collection. But look at its colour in my list!
    Why am I looking for it in games? Cause it`s a HUGE source.

Movies?
    Even the most tough action films, and especially the most famous and expensive ones don`t have what I like (through I saw just a few in my life), the ones mentioned in [Hidden link. Register to see links.] have just a few (1 in Shoot`em up!, 7 in Iron man & max3 in Death race(2008)), and even these are so colourless and standard! I don`t mention that they`re light, that some of them have a lot more continuance of "pure electronic" (Death race) or "pure orchestral" (Iron man) then guitar play in a soundtracks, that some of them have a disadvantage of game FMVs: putting in a long and soft indistinct play of ambient just to start something intensive in time of finishing a characters hard conversation, for example (these arrangements, if I`m not mistaken, take their part even in games). That`s why films OSTs are attached to actions and scenery, which never unleash it. That`s why they`re not individual and free creations in many cases.

What are other possible sources? Theren`t more than movies or games OSTs discussion on FFS, in some organised order at least.

Grand Shriner
    -

Grand Shriner
    Just wanted to say that you may ask me about the way I ripped these games (I remember this in most cases) so that you can do your own rips of respective games.

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast