Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: download links forum guidelines

I dont mean to reserect this thread, but I was hoiping if I or someone could start a thread that specializes in music from visual novels and eroge

I have a question and was unsure where to post it. Is this music legal? I would love some of it, but I just want to make sure.

Banned
    if you guys have time please visit this site

ganool.com

Grand Shriner
    Is there a way to change a title to indicate an updated rip? Thanks!

Onion Kid
    You edit the first post('s title).

Grand Shriner
    That didn't really change it, unfortunately...

I <3 Lucina (FIRE EMBLEM: AWAKENING) KAITO's Avatar
    People should at least post multiple formats, not every member here likes or can play OGG/Flac files and why should we be forced to download a Flac player to play a certain music? People like choice and not forced to use one format. Currently I cannot play Flac files or want to listen to wma files (a certain ost is only in wma format) everyone seems to be obsessed with Flac but uploaders MUST realise not everyone likes Flac

Onion Kid
    Ogg is commonly used in game engines, so logically rips will stick to that. If you were to transcode the files again to another lossy format (such as MP3) you'd lose data twice, which is heavily discouraged. Flac is also probably the most widely used (and supported) lossless codec around.

Besides, what you do with these releases is up to you. No one is stopping you from converting them to MP3 or whatever format you need. But for archival reasons it is essential to stick to the original data as much as possible. People don't use these formats just because they like it, but because it makes the most sense.

They also 'MUST' not do anything. The only reason you even have those files (in any form) is because they choose to share them with everyone else. You should be thankful for that, and not demand things or call them obsessed for no reason when you don't understand the reasons behind certain things.
    Last edited by daehun; 10-25-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    GamerTrainer likes this.

Onion Kid
    tyx
    Last edited by JSMill; 03-01-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Onion Kid
    can anyone please upload Mega Man XXXL Music: Castle Walls - Mega Man & Bass King Castle Remix ?

Onion Kid
    Okay. Thanks.

Romancing arrogant jerks since 2013 Umegaki's Avatar
    Here's one I'm not sure I saw (but I did just skim the thread)--

What's the stance on drama CDs? Can those be uploaded here, or does it have to be solely music? And if the latter, where would one upload a drama CD here?
    "Well then, allow me to explain the wonders of maps. First, take a look at this ancient map! Hey, where is everybody going?!"

Onion Kid
    WOO FINAL FANTASY!

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

One of the guidelines is not to share links outside of ffshrine, but is it alright to share the soundtrack itself? Like if I were to upload two sets of the soundtrack, then keep one link exclusive to ffshrine while the other link I could share elsewhere. I'm far along on a reasonably high quality Pokémon Rumble Blast/Super Pokémon Scramble gamerip, and there are a couple other places I'd like to post a link when it's ready, so I just want to be sure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234