Like Tree22Likes
  • 21 Post By Qqqqqqwe
  • 1 Post By alfacore88

Thread: Crimson Shroud OST (Physical Rip) (MediaFire)

I'm DA PRETTY ROCKER!!!!! Qqqqqqwe's Avatar

Smile Crimson Shroud OST (Physical Rip) (MediaFire)

Hello once again, fellow Shriners!! I've come to share another Album with you all.
    Crimson Shroud has been on my "To-Get-List" ever since April. Long story short, It's a very good Album to listen to. But I gotta say... Sakimoto kinda disappoints on this release...
    Well...atleast in MY opinion he does. Sakimoto revisits his older style and does a exceptional job. Some songs will remind you of his older style, while, others will remind of his newer. Either way, it's a mixed bag for me... I really wish the other Basiscape members would have done more songs. But! Beggars can't be choosers...right? (LOL!!) Anyways, majority of this Album sounds like typical Sakimoto. Nothing Out-Of-This-World. Nothing Ground-Breaking. But, it does sound great, nonetheless. The other Basiscape members pulled their weight and do not disappoint, whatsoever. However, like I said, Sakimoto kinda disappoints. But, please, don't let THAT from stoping you from DL-Ing this Wonderful OST. But hey! Atleast this Album has a handful of Orchestrated Tracks to it. (Which is a plus, if you ask me) Anywho, enough blabbering, here is the link, enjoy!

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

P.S. Remember, like I always say, if you have downloaded this physical rip of mine, please show your appreciation in some way, shape or form.
    Doing so, would encourage me to upload more stuff in the future.

P.S.S. Here is a more detailed review of Crimson Shroud: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thanks a lot for this! Average Sakimoto is still better than most of the stuff out there.
    dissident93 likes this.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by alfacore88 View Post
    Thanks a lot for this! Average Sakimoto is still better than most of the stuff out there.
    Agreed, this is pretty excellent. Thanks for upload!

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alfacore88 View Post
    Agreed, this is pretty excellent. Thanks for upload!

Console ripping master and genius :D bxaimc's Avatar
    Geez....well, at least I can depend on you for the latest Sakimoto releases. Thnx

Onion Kid
    Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!
    I love sakimoto and Basiscape~forever

Many thanks

I do have one suggestion for your tags my friend. It is most common for game soundtracks to be tagged with the genre of "Game" rather than "Soundtrack".

I haven't finished listening to this but first impression I agree that it is fairly disappointing. Maybe I will warm to it later.
    Loveliness, Elegance, and Nobility Compilations
    Angela Aki Discography
    Kokia discography
    Sun Yanzi Discography
    Toshihiko Sahashi Thread

Thank you so very much, everyone, for the wonderful comments.

@Sirusjr: Feel free to post this upload of mine in Arthier's thread, if you want. Just be sure to give credit where credit is do, please... xD

Hmm, cheapo fake orchestra is not impressive but the music isn't too bad, I think! Thanking you very kindly for your post.

Edit: I wish that review you linked to would refrain from referring to "live orchestra performance" and "the orchestra" when it is blindingly obvious that the entire score is synthesised.

Listen to the whole album here:-
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~~LOSSLESS (FLAC) requests~~
    - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

MediaFire is preferred.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by tangotreats View Post
    Edit: I wish that review you linked to would refrain from referring to "live orchestra performance" and "the orchestra" when it is blindingly obvious that the entire score is synthesised.
    Soooo.. The official album info and credits are lying? Interesting, don't see that too often.

edit: vvv that makes sense. Love the album btw, can't get enough basiscape.

According to vgmd.net the orchestra performed on tracks: Disc 1: 1, 2, 4, 7, 11, 14, 15, 18, 21 & Disc 2: 1, 3, 4, 6. The rest would be synthesized. That would explain both misunderstandings. I can definitely hear the difference when I compare them.

Orchestrated or not, I've been in love with all of Sakimoto's works ever since the FF Tactics title theme graced my ears back in 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by devman3 View Post
    According to vgmd.net the orchestra performed on tracks: Disc 1: 1, 2, 4, 7, 11, 14, 15, 18, 21 & Disc 2: 1, 3, 4, 6. The rest would be synthesized. That would explain both misunderstandings. I can definitely hear the difference when I compare them.

Orchestrated or not, I've been in love with all of Sakimoto's works ever since the FF Tactics title theme graced my ears back in 1998.
    Well after the horrible sounding Tactics Ogre orchestral album I'm not surprised we can't tell when Sakimoto uses an orchestra.

Thanks a lot!

Thumbs up

Just joined this site's forum to thank you for this upload, Qqqqqqwe! I've been meaning to join this site anyway, so better now than never!

Can't wait to get this game on the 13th, and needed something to tie me over until then! I'm a big fan of VGM, and from what's I've listened to of this soundtrack already, it's definitely some good stuff from Sakimoto!

Does anyone know how or where to get this soundtrack officially, by any chance?

First of all, welcome to the forums, Zyzxx! I really hope that you enjoy your time being on this site.
    Secondly, if your interested in buying Crimson Shroud OST, you can go here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    That's where I bought my copy of it.
    Was nice talking with you, have a wonderful day, Zyzxx!! xD

Onion Kid
    thx a lot for this ost

Loved it in the game, will enjoy it more when I can listen to it at will.

Thanks a lot!

Onion Kid
    Thanks a lot, always loved Sakimoto's works

Yo man, this soundtrack will determine if I get the game alot! Thanks XD
    Awesome new platform game!!!

MarioMusic4You has been struck out from random copyright pitchers: New account with complete reuploading: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Check Out Free Music from various games + Anime here! [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    I can't nessicarily download this now, but once I get the chance, I will. So, thank you in advance.

Shriner
    Thanks! I just beat the game, and man does this have some great music. I assumed it was Sakimoto. The man does not disappoint.

My eternal love for Basiscape! Thanks a lot for the rip!