Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Game] Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (VGM Legacy)

Quote Originally Posted by Infernus Animositas View Post
    When you use dBpoweramp to convert the 5.1 to stereo, it only keeps the front 2 channels. It drops the two rear, centre and LFE channels.
    So you mean itīs sounds totally different when i converted it because it removes the back channels?
    Well, i tested that with the Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword (a few tracks were in 5.1) and dbpoweramp never removed the back channels, exept you did it manually in the options.

Grand Shriner Infernus Animositas's Avatar
    Wait no, it doesn't drop the channels, what happens is that it mixes in the other 4 channels at a lower volume so it doesn't clip. The front audio channels volume remains unchanged whilst the other channels lose their volume.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Ah, okay, well, anyway!
    For me itīs good enough with dbpoweramp, i remember back when i didnīt know there are such programms who can split channels.
    I always used Adobe Audition, but the problem was first it saved it as mono, file says stereo but it sounds still mono, and second you must saved every single file manually! Well, a hell lot of work!!!

I use Adobe Audition

If you open a 5.1 surround file in any DAW, it will have 6 mono files

See most Xbox 360 surround sound video game streams have 3 stereo files for a single song.

File #1 > Front Left / Front Right
    File #2 > Centre / Low Frequency Effects
    File #3 > Rear Left / Rear Right

After you save them into a 5.1 surround file (so it sounds like it's heard in game) does it split the three stereo files into 6 channels within 1 file.

Here's a comparison between converting a 5.1 surround FLAC file using dBpoweramp vs. Lowering the volume of each channel the same amount so that when saved into a stereo file, it doesn't clip the wave form.

If you look at the two wave forms, the DAW one looks 'fuller' and when compared in a spectral analysis, you can see the difference.

Youīre right. The DAW sounds better and fuller. But it is important which soundfile you will convert. See, the music form Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has different music in each channel. Also Zelda - Skyward Sword has that. But for Lego Star Wars 3, the channel 1, 2, 5, and 6 are the same, exept the 5 and 6 have a little lower sound. Channel 3 and 4 are just noises.

Indeed.

But you see my reasoning behind doing it this way all the time even if I could get away with it by converting it with dBpoweramp.

And it was UMvC3 btw :P

1, I don't understand why it was uploaded in 27 parts if in the end everything is in part 1.
    2, Why FLAC files? I can't open them with anything, and whenever I try to convert them it says there was an error, so i'm stuck with these tracks that are probably amazing but i can't listen to them!
    Do you ever get so sick of waiting to find a good bootleg that you end up making your own? That's what happened to me.
    Curse of the Black Pearl: Complete Bootleg Score - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    But then the recording sessions leaked a week later.

Onion Kid
    Hello all,

Mediafire is not permitting any downloads of these files, saying the account of the uploader has been suspended. I am just looking for the track "Resolute Hub Qui" (139). I assume it is the track that plays while you are on the Resolute Hub, and I have been looking for it everywhere. Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Hello all,

Mediafire is not permitting any downloads of these files, saying the account of the uploader has been suspended. I am just looking for the track "Resolute Hub Qui" (139). I assume it is the track that plays while you are on the Resolute Hub, and I have been looking for it everywhere. Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Studio13Drew View Post
    1, I don't understand why it was uploaded in 27 parts if in the end everything is in part 1.
    2, Why FLAC files? I can't open them with anything, and whenever I try to convert them it says there was an error, so i'm stuck with these tracks that are probably amazing but i can't listen to them!
    This, this is why I can't stand this leeching community at times. :\

1. FLAC is a lossless format, which means the quality of these files is the exact same as you hear in game.
    2. You need to download all 27 parts to get all of the music tracks. If you just downloaded part 1, you would get an error saying that there's something wrong.
    3. The files are in 5.1 surround sound and that's probably why most standard converters don't like it because there is more than 2 channels. Follow the guide below to convert them into something more usable.

Download foobar2000 and load the files into that player.
    Then highlight all of the files in the playlist, right click and then select "Convert > ..."
    Select "Processing" and shift across the "Convert 5.1 To Stereo" DSP.
    You can then choose your "Output format" like "MP3 (Lame)" for example
    Then click the "Convert" button.

Re-upload? ;___________;
    "Knut...Knut Redfield."

yes, a reupload would be nice :|

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey... Stuff. pottyaboutpotter1's Avatar
    I second the notion of a Re-Up.

Symphony Orchestra Lover Andrees's Avatar
    Bumping for reupload.

Onion Kid
    please, re-up links!