Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: EARTHBOUND PAPAS - OCTAVE THEORY (NOBUO UEMATSU'S NEW ROCK BAND)

FFRadio DJ
    Well I do not normally criticize how people post but your 12 year attempt at a flame is like really boring first thing in the morning. My perspective to this CD is being DJ for the Final Fantasy Radio since 2007 and I know a lot about this music. This CD is like a demo that was put out and not thought out at all about what it would be about or its theme. It is very poorly executed sound recording and the artist on there you would not even recognize cause of it, even though they have been playing for years with the man. It is the single worst "art" I have ever "seen" from Nobuo and Dog Ear records.

Yes you win the flaming cause I do not even go there with such stuff. I unsubscribed to this thread, did not know the place had such morons. You opinion might be worth a look at, but your post and you should be banned.

BTW if any of you want to see the monthly show that Dog Ear & Nobuo runs and I am sure some posters do not watch... I have archive of them here : [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

@metalzebus
    There is a key on your keyboard that says "Caps Lock". Before you start typing next time, look at your keyboard and push that key. If you see a light turn on, push that key again. Once you see the light turn off, you're good to go.

As for the content of your post, I have no idea what point you're making. First you say that it's art and can be interpreted differently by different people. Then it seems like you try to defend it by saying the artist is a genius.

The problem with that argument is that this isn't Uematsu's album, it's a group effort. Uematsu composed it, sure (except for an excerpt from Tchaikovsky in the first track), but the tracks were all arranged by other people.

Again, matter of opinion, but I feel the arrangements on this album are inferior to the original versions. Take Bo-kon-ho-ko. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] I would much rather listen to that, with its fuller and more professional sounding choir, cleaner sounding mix, and elements that were removed from the Earthbound Papas rendition, like the taiko drums during the rap (excuse me, recitative), and the pick scraping across the guitar strings in the introduction.

Speaking of the recitative, your term "arias recitatives" seems like an oxymoron. "Aria" indicates a flowing melody, "recitative" indicates singing the words with a similar cadence as if you were speaking them.

Again with the best and worst. Why I recive those insults?. Look. You don't understand a word of what I said. To Tebian: Why don't you talk more clearly? To tansunn: Thanks for talking on technical terms. But you are misunderstanding me. Above of my last post (not this), someone said me that this album was an arrengement from the Nobuo Uematsu's compositions maded by all the members of the band. When i said that Nobuo Uematsu is a genius is because he let to a low level band do some arrengements from his compositions. And I never said that I like the Bo-Kon-Ho-Ko version of Earthbound Papas more than the original. I just say that this album have electric instruments, don't expect more than that. I like this album. And Nobuo Uematsu is genius for letting low level's musicians make arrengments from his compositions. And I know that arias must to have harmonics cadences, because it cames from clasical music. But I was saing that the band do some recitatives without harmony (you would say rap and you are 30 % right). I just said that this tech derives from arias recitatives (but on this case, are only rhythmic recitatives). And there is too many recitatives's styles. Like for example: Talk (completely) over a song. with the difference that on rap, you have more rhythm´s movement. I don't like rap because is very repetitive. But with this arrengement I understood that this tech is great for me (only me, not for all the entire world).

I like this album and I won't be angrier if you think that this album is the worst for only you.

FFRadio DJ

Thumbs down

Dang it i thought i had unsubscribed. Stop talking to me your post I dont like your tone one bit.

(tries to unsubscribe from this thread again)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234