Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Problems with Who's Online

  1. #1
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875

    Problems with Who's Online

    Sometimes, I have to go to places real quick that I don't consider worthy to log out for, so I leave the page on Who's Online on every forum that I'm on, which refreshes every minute (10 minutes for this forum, I believe) so I stay showing as online.

    I went somewhere 31 minutes ago (12:45 PM PDT), but when I got back and clicked my name, it showed my last activity being at 12:46 PM (PDT).

    The point of Who's Online is that it keeps refreshing. A fix for this would be nice.

    Please note that this isn't the first time that this has happened.
    Social Networks:
    YouTube Channel
    Join Date: 6/29/2006
    Last Updated: 9/17/2014

    Current Forum Projects:
    Requests for Video Game Soundtracks
    Start Date: 1/28/2010
    Last Updated: 7/12/2014

    Video Game Projects
    Start Date: 12/17/2011
    Last Updated: 12/9/2012

  2. #2
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    Why don't you just click 'remember me.' Keeps you logged in.

    But really, who cares if you're logged in at all? This is a forum, not a chat. Even then....who really cares....

    [INSERT OBLIGATORY STALKER JOKE]

  3. #3
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    That's not what I'm talking about.

  4. #4
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    I'd ask what you do mean, but it doesn't really matter, because if it's beyond what I suggested I can't help you anyway.

    Maybe Allen will be along~

  5. #5
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    I'd ask what you do mean, but it doesn't really matter, because if it's beyond what I suggested I can't help you anyway.

    Maybe Allen will be along~
    Here's an idea! If all you can do is troll and be unhelpful, then don't post in this topic.

  6. #6
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    I've told you about that problem of yours. You don't seem to listen.

    Maybe you just don't know how to read your rep messages.

  7. #7
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    I've told you about that problem of yours. You don't seem to listen.

    Maybe you just don't know how to read your rep messages.
    I was wondering who the neutral squares were from.

    It's too bad that you're so in the red that you can't affect anything.

  8. #8
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    lol

    No one can give negative rep, so that's irrelevant. I would have given it to you as positive if the choice was there, though. Not the point I was trying to make.

    But, whatever. Do your thing, man.

  9. #9
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    lol

    No one can give negative rep, so that's irrelevant. I would have given it to you as positive if the choice was there, though. Not the point I was trying to make.

    But, whatever. Do your thing, man.
    Why are you in the red, then?

    Also, the only choice is positive, so how'd you do neutral?

  10. #10
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    Mine are neutral because I'm in the red, and consequently they don't have any value.

    I had my rep set far into the negative, by choice. Just something stupid to do, because of my name.

  11. #11
    Something wicca this way comes anyname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    10,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    Why don't you just click 'remember me.' Keeps you logged in.

    But really, who cares if you're logged in at all? This is a forum, not a chat. Even then....who really cares....

    [INSERT OBLIGATORY STALKER JOKE]
    this time a million

    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    I'd ask what you do mean, but it doesn't really matter, because if it's beyond what I suggested I can't help you anyway.

    Maybe Allen will be along~
    still can't believe this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amaury View Post
    Here's an idea! If all you can do is troll and be unhelpful, then don't post in this topic.
    i think you need to learn what trolling means.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amaury View Post
    I was wondering who the neutral squares were from.

    It's too bad that you're so in the red that you can't affect anything.
    as if rep was important or something. (ps, the red rep thing is a joke and was done on purpose)

    amaury, you srsly need to stop being so hostile, especially to older, established, well liked members.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Wonderbra
    baby sun is creepy with its giggling and happy baby-ness.
    come into the comfort of the white hot room

  12. #12
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by anyname View Post
    amaury, you srsly need to stop being so hostile, especially to older, established, well liked members.
    Go away!

  13. #13
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    I dunno, maybe it's not important to Amaury to get along better in this community. Maybe he just chooses to stand up for what he believes in, even if someone is joking around.

    I hijacked your thread. I'll make sure Allen sees it, as a means of apology. I sincerely have no malignant, lasting ill-will towards ya.

  14. #14
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    I dunno, maybe it's not important to Amaury to get along better in this community. Maybe he just chooses to stand up for what he believes in, even if someone is joking around.

    I hijacked your thread. I'll make sure Allen sees it, as a means of apology. I sincerely have no malignant, lasting ill-will towards ya.
    You're cool now; no worries.

  15. #15
    Something wicca this way comes anyname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    10,877
    amaury is the new tm?

  16. #16
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by anyname View Post
    amaury is the new tm?
    Okay, I guess that you're cool, too.

  17. #17
    Goren
    Guest
    Before tinkering I did a little test, with results.
    Clear your cache and cookies.

  18. #18
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Before tinkering I did a little test, with results.
    Clear your cache and cookies.
    Thanks for the tip.

    I shall do that after I log out for the night, which is in about 2 hours.
    It's only 9:23 PM (PDT).

    EDIT:
    What test did you do, exactly, and what were the results?

  19. #19
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    Just got back from dropping my mom off at work and running a short errand.

    Clearing everything made Who's Online work. The cache has been disabled for quite a while, so I guess that it was the cookies.

  20. #20
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    It's broken again.

    No change in time since I clicked Who's Online at 4:55 PM (PDT) when I got back from picking my mom up from work 2 minutes ago at 5:19 PM (PDT).

    Most of the problem has to be the site, because it works perfectly fine when I put it on Who's Online on KH-Vids.

  21. #21
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    This seriously needs to be fixed. I know that it's not a cache / cookies issue, as it works on KH-Vids.

    I put it on Who's Online at 10:55 AM (PDT) to pick up my mom for lunch and got back 2 minutes ago at 11:25 AM (PDT) to discover it didn't refresh since 10:55 AM (PDT).

  22. #22
    Sarah
    Guest
    why do you care i am so confused

  23. #23
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    why do you care i am so confused
    It seems to work on and off, but, anyway, I just do.

  24. #24
    Sarah
    Guest
    are you trying to "look" online for other users? or is it to remain logged in; as in so you don't have to enter your password and whatnot when you come back?

  25. #25
    Grand Shriner Amaury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA, US
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    are you trying to "look" online for other users? or is it to remain logged in; as in so you don't have to enter your password and whatnot when you come back?
    To remain online, but I have it on "Remember me", so that's not the problem.

    If there's no activity from someone within 15 minutes, it shows as them offline. In other words, if someone doesn't click on any part of the forum for 15 minutes, they're shown as offline.

    They're still logged in, they just don't show.

    All forums with vBulletin do this.

    They're down right now, but SEGA changed it for their forums from 15 minutes to 60 minutes, most likely to reduce server stress, but the same thing applies, it's just a longer time period.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •