Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Forum Bugs and Suggestions

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    Farfan666, could you sign back later in the day and tell me if your problem goes away? I made a small change to your account to see if it changes anything, but it might take some time to actually work.

Jessie, I might say it worked: just 20 minutes ago, when I posted, I swear Azuardo's post was not there. Or did you only adjust farfan's account?
    In search of: 2012, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Shawshank Redemption, Chronicles of Narnia. Nothing to trade for now.

There's 3 posts from Azuardo, i just saw them now and approved one.

Made changes to Azuardo and walleyed accounts too, so if you guys happen to sign in and check this thread, let me know if it fixed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Farfan666, could you sign back later in the day and tell me if your problem goes away? I made a small change to your account to see if it changes anything, but it might take some time to actually work.
    niw is Fixed , Thanks Jessie =D

Still not working for me.

Still got the Warning fetch template line at the top of the page. Still my Edit Profile page is scrambled up to hell. And when I click the subscription link in my emails, I get a blank page with just these two lines (same thing if I click 'go to last post' in any thread):

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: advertisement_footer in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4316

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5588) in [path]/includes/function

Ok, made another change. See if it works a little later.

Oh, that is beautiful! Everything seems to be working fine already. So many thanks!

The dullness of fools is the whetstone of the wit. impudent urinal's Avatar
    The like function hasn't been showing names for a while now and when you click the button it doesn't show immediately like it used to. Have to refresh the page.
    Not a big deal, but this is the thread for it apparently.
    likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by impudent urinal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Faustus View Post
    That's feckin wiggins.
    Quote Originally Posted by N-10_Aden View Post
    Man fuck this piece of shit.

Onion Kid
    I get these errors:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2zsa05g.jpg
    http://i44.tinypic.com/211qrly.jpg

Happens on both Chrome and Firefox.

Also, it also gives me an error when trying to access a search result, but only when I specified it to show posts as the results, not threads.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

I also can't edit my post. I wanted to add that it also gave me these error after posting when the forum tried to redirect me to my new post:

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: advertisement_footer in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4316

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5588) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4100

Also the new issue, I can't edit my posts because after clicking on Edit Post it glitched, I can type the reason for editing but that's all. Can't even view the original text.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

I also can't edit my post. I wanted to add that it also gave me these error after posting when the forum tried to redirect me to my new post:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5588) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4100

Also the new issue, I can't edit my posts because after clicking on Edit Post it glitched, I can type the reason for editing but that's all. Can't even view the original text.

Onion Kid
    Welp. chalk up another one for the "Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: advertisement_footer in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4316" error at the top of the page and this doozy for links:

And then a jumbled mess for the reply page.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dimensioner View Post
    It appears not. Is anyone actually watching this thread? It seems like all the PHP errors encountered by new members and old members returning from long breaks would be enough to cause some people to not come back to this site. You don't want to lose members, do you?

Tails, what were you able to do that fixed the issue? Could it be related to the "must have more than 5 posts to unlock more options" rule?
    I think it is either the 5 posts or a username change that fixed this issue for me.

@crystalk and Effoxor: should be fixed now.

Onion Kid
    Thank you! It works fine now as far as i can tell.

Onion Kid
    I would love a fix if possible as well thanks.

Onion Kid
    Hey thanks. What's exactly the cause of this problem, if I may ask?

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    I have a feeling it's something to do with forum permissions, as it's only affecting new members with hardly any posts - long-term members with high post counts aren't effected. But I have no idea as to the underlying cause, as software code has never been my strong point (not to mention I refuse to touch admin settings in the control panel as I'm afraid of doing something in there that will break the site! )

In any event, Sarah, Jessie and Marce are aware of this so just have patience - the problem should be sorted out soon.
    enkffxisig-new-small

So I suppose I should just continue posting a bit longer and all my troubles will go away as well? While it's nice that the mods can fix individual accounts, wouldn't it just be easier to have a universal fix? Of course, that can be difficult if they can't get to the root of the problem.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Okay, so now I wait a few hours....or? The site even refuses to let me log out, which I find a little disturbing. It'd be like going to Wal-Mart and then they wouldn't let you leave and you'd have to find a way to escape (for me to escape, I think I have to delete this site's cookies from my web browser).

The real question is....why would you want to leave? There is no escaping ffshrine. Also, fixed.

The problem is with certain plugins and user groups. Once people are moved to the registered (can pm) user group, the problems go away. So if people post 5 or more times and just wait to be automatically transferred to that user group, things will sort themselves out.

Why would I want to leave? Say I was in a public library and I wanted to read up on some discussions and post a couple responses and then get off. The next person to get on, although slim to zero chances of this happening, might want to get on the Shrine and then they wouldn't be able to log me off. Hypothetical situation. But it's all good now: all the errors are gone! Hooray! Certain plugins and user groups, eh? So, is a permanent fix being worked on? Or has the Shrine always been that way even many months or years ago--and therefore, there won't be a forever-fix for incoming members?

I forget that you haven't been here long enough to want to have the forum surgically attached to your hip like i do.

Making the world a better place...for Mankind... docrate1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    I forget that you haven't been here long enough to want to have the forum surgically attached to your hip like i do.
    I went for the cranial implant myself. I think, see, eat, smell and breathe FFshrine.

"And exactly how many times did he fall out the window ?"

Onion Kid
    I only just registered, but when I click on Reply to Thread nothing happens. So I'm trying quick reply, see if anything happens...

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Well, it worked, though after posting it took me to a page with a couple PHP errors, so I had to click back and reload the page. Anyways, I haven't read this whole thread yet (maybe I should, heh), but from what I've read on this page, I take it there's a problem new users are experiencing and a lot of those problems go away after posting five times and waiting a little. So I'm going to post a few more times and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Well, it worked, though after posting it took me to a page with a couple PHP errors, so I had to click back and reload the page. Anyways, I haven't read this whole thread yet (maybe I should, heh), but from what I've read on this page, I take it there's a problem new users are experiencing and a lot of those problems go away after posting five times and waiting a little. So I'm going to post a few more times and see what happens.

Is it just me or is the Like button not displaying names anymore? Just says.. "likes this post" .. no name shown.
    likes this.
    Setup & Ripping Guide for EAC 1.0 beta3
    Click HERE to PM me to sign up for my VGM subscription based system.

MY VGMdb COLLECTION IS FOR SUBSCRIBERS ONLY.. (PD FOLDER OFF LIMITS)

LATEST UPLOAD!

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Soundtrack
    http://vgmdb.net/album/44147

Hmmm... I started to think it was a change to make the like function kind of private, so that only the one receiving likes could see who actually liked his/her post... Probably a bug, yeah, but i personally think this way's nice, too... Pretty cool to see " , , and like this" XD
    likes this.

krx
    Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dimensioner View Post
    It appears not. Is anyone actually watching this thread? It seems like all the PHP errors encountered by new members and old members returning from long breaks would be enough to cause some people to not come back to this site. You don't want to lose members, do you?
    Well, I've been trying really hard to post here, but most posts seem to go to moderation, maybe because I'm posting (relevant!) links. I agree, it's really offputting, but I'm stubborn!