Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Forum Bugs and Suggestions

Onion Kid
    replying is slow but it works fine for me, just have to click many times

Strange, I'm not encountering any of these problems.
    Could it maybe just be with newly registered users?
    Social Networks:
    YouTube Channel
    Last Updated: 8/31/2014

Current Forum Projects:
    Requests for Video Game Soundtracks
    Start Date: 1/28/2010
    Last Updated: 7/12/2014

Video Game Projects
    Start Date: 12/17/2011
    Last Updated: 12/9/2012

Just noticed this issue today:
    When doing google search and following the links it always leads to a blank white page with "Page not found" on it.
    But if using the site's search engine it will go to all the threads that I'm looking for.

Not sure if it's Google's or FFshrine's internal bug (or whatever it should to be called), but it's a little inconvenient because google was always faster to find the right topic, if using the right key words.

The only bug I'm seeing is that when I click on View Forum Leaders on the Quick Links drop-menu, I get a white page with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Show Groups Page
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method vb_optimise_db::escape_string() in /home/forums/public_html/vb/cache/db.php on line 141

匪天 (pr3y : pr4y) = symph0ny {k3yb04rd + El3c. Gu1t Orie's Avatar
    A user just asked my attention on this.

If we see his posts, you have certain info. But if you go see his profile, everything is wrong.
    It seems his account has been RESET. He had like 50 likes or less (can't recall exactly), friends list was deleted, as well as the profile messages that we exchange together. And the join date is wrong. In his posts it shows one date, but when you click to see his profile, it shows another info that is not even EQUAL that is shown to us. :/

In here see his post. "post 3"
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/anime-mus...ml#post1901001

when you click to see its profile...
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/members/hcl.html

everything is wrong.

Have anyone encountered this problem too?
    I have sent a PM to Jessie about that.

I have some questions if it can make the account to go back as its original shape.
    Another weird thing, is that I gave him some "likes" and they are not shown in the his profile. I gave those likes today..... and the likes giving to him are there. You can all see.
    also, it does not shows his post AT ALL as well as STARTED THREADS
    "For the Sake of our Heart-CORE... & ♥Juri♥"

Kenji Kawai ~Soundtrack Collection~ Discography
    Koh Otani ~Soundtracks Collection~
    Anime Soundtracks 1971-2011 (osts to trade for)
    DON'T ASK ME ABOUT LOSSLESS OR JURI KILLS YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Orie View Post
    A user just asked my attention on this.

If we see his posts, you have certain info. But if you go see his profile, everything is wrong.
    It seems his account has been RESET. He had like 50 likes or less (can't recall exactly), friends list was deleted, as well as the profile messages that we exchange together. And the join date is wrong. In his posts it shows one date, but when you click to see his profile, it shows another info that is not even EQUAL that is shown to us. :/

In here see his post. "post 3"
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/anime-mus...ml#post1901001

when you click to see its profile...
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/members/hcl.html

everything is wrong.

Have anyone encountered this problem too?
    I have sent a PM to Jessie about that.

I have some questions if it can make the account to go back as its original shape.
    Another weird thing, is that I gave him some "likes" and they are not shown in the his profile. I gave those likes today..... and the likes giving to him are there. You can all see.
    also, it does not shows his post AT ALL as well as STARTED THREADS
    Looks like the user's last activity was on July 9, 2009.

匪天 (pr3y : pr4y) = symph0ny {k3yb04rd + El3c. Gu1t Orie's Avatar
    cant be with the post from a thread of this monday XDXD

It seems I'm disgusting. Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MiLŲ View Post
    Just noticed this issue today:
    When doing google search and following the links it always leads to a blank white page with "Page not found" on it.
    But if using the site's search engine it will go to all the threads that I'm looking for.

Not sure if it's Google's or FFshrine's internal bug (or whatever it should to be called), but it's a little inconvenient because google was always faster to find the right topic, if using the right key words.
    Mine is just a guess, but probably this issue is happening because of the change in subforums/threads' URLs format.

Previously they looked like this:
    Code:
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/subforumID/thread-title-ID/pagenumber.html
    And now they're:
    Code:
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/subforumName/ID-thread-title-pagenumber.html
    Either redirects aren't occuring or Google still has the old format cached and needs to update.

EDIT:
    Redirects work from the old format:
    Code:
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthread.php?t=ID

After the forum directories got reset, the links within my megathreads now direct to nowhere. Will they resest themselves eventually, or do I have to fix all of them manually?
    Respectfully,
    JonC
    Do to changes in my schedule, I am not able to do uploads, renew links or fulfill requests at this time. I will resume uploads if and when the situation changes.

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    The links in the threads in your sig all seem to work fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    Mine is just a guess, but probably this issue is happening because of the change in subforums/threads' URLs format.
    That could be the reason indeed... either way I can't really experiment with anymore, because the issue disappeared, everything's back to normal and redirection from Google works fine again. Hopefully the issue is not coming back.

Forum bugs

Okay so yesterday i had reformatted my computer and when i tried to log in to ffs, i forgot my password, so while trying to guess the password i used up all my log in attempts, so then i had jessie reset my password again and he could log in but i was stuck with the quotia limit. So no choice to make a second account, but the bugs are still present. while i cuold still log in i still have posting issues and this code is at the top of my window.

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: advertisement_footer in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4316

When i post it takes me to a blank page with the same quote an i have to refresh the forum again.

Is anyone but me experiencing these bugs?
    Requests:

Closed

0 Remaining

fixed some things, does it work for you now?

Sorry im still getting the errors and log in issues to my main account.

The code on the top is gone and posting is fixed now i can confirm. However my main account still won't log in.

post a screenshot of the error and let me know which style you're using

my prntscrn is not working atm so i can't provide the screenshot yet, however if i can explain it, it takes me a login attempt screen, counting from 1 to 5 with eatch attempt.

The theme im using is the light.

the problem is we can't replicate the bug; i don't get it, jessie doesn't even get it when logging into your account which makes it really really hard to troubleshoot.

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeC_Legacy View Post
    my prntscrn is not working atm so i can't provide the screenshot yet, however if i can explain it, it takes me a login attempt screen, counting from 1 to 5 with eatch attempt.

The theme im using is the light.
    I'm sure the prtsc button on the On-Screen Keyboard works just fine.

do you still get it if you switch themes?

PM me your password if you don't mind (or change it to something then PM me), it'd help me troubleshoot

Onion Kid
    I also got error messages...

always there on the top of the page:
    Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: advertisement_footer in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4316

trying to switch the theme:

new post:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5588) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4100

When trying to logout
    Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php
    Line: 5588

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

error message when posting the post above:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5588) in [path]/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_url.php on line 549

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5588) in [path]/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_url.php on line 553

and it seems that I cannot refresh the page (still got that message)

----------------
    now the error message is gone! yay!

Why are all my settings such a mess? I just joined today, and at the top of the screen I see this message:
    And whenever I go into any of my settings, everything is overlapping and I can't see what I'm trying to change.

Same problem here.

This is really weird, because I'm not experiencing any of those issues.