Thread: Error when editing forum posts

The New World Order is here! Humanity is in danger aati's Avatar

Error when editing forum posts

I have a thread at http://forums.ffshrine.org/f72/aatis...gs-flac-98119/ and it would seem that my thread is so big that I can't update it anymore. I get an error message when I try.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/forums/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 876

I would like to know, what does this warning mean and is the maximum size for a post on this forum?

Bakuretsu Hunter Chocolate Misu's Avatar
    I used to have that same problem before my thread went dark. I found that even though that error came up, the edit went through anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Misu View Post
    I used to have that same problem before my thread went dark. I found that even though that error came up, the edit went through anyway.
    Yeah, same here but now it's not savin'.

Anyone here?

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    There is a limit as to how much text you can place in a single post, you have exceeded that in two posts, so that's why you can't save when you've added more to them.

to much letters in 1 post is the problem just split it in to 2 posts and its fixed ,
    *Overdrive Forums*
    a new forum for every age, gender and religion, not finish but open to everyone while work on Forum
    staff to make you safe and happy and to give you fast help, we also hire staff if you want to help out,
    we got contests with cool prizes, we also allow advertising in our off-topic and our advertise forum
    and we do accept advertise partners.
    http://www.overdriveforums.co.nr/

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    There is a limit as to how much text you can place in a single post, you have exceeded that in two posts, so that's why you can't save when you've added more to them.
    I would have thought that there would be no limit. Don't you have the same problem on your forums?

Most other forums have a lot lower limit than ours, we have over 100,000 letters/symbols, not sure the exact number. Most other forums have under 50,000, some are limited to 20,000 or even 10,000. I have come across this problem before in one of my threads and i did the same thing you've been doing, just posted updates in second and third posts. Whenever that third posts gets full, let me know and i'll just delete the posts between your third post and your fourth, that's if you want to keep all your posts together.

Most other forums have a lot lower limit than ours, we have over 100,000 letters/symbols, not sure the exact number. Most other forums have under 50,000, some are limited to 20,000 or even 10,000. I have come across this problem before in one of my threads and i did the same thing you've been doing, just posted updates in second and third posts. Whenever that third posts gets full, let me know and i'll just delete the posts between your third post and your fourth, that's if you want to keep all your posts together.
    Alright Dire Wolf, can you delete all the posts up to my fourth post?

Done.

Done.
    Thank you, Wolf man.