Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is downloading music from this site illegal?

Is downloading music from this site illegal?

I really want to download some FF7 music but is it illegal? I really want to know. Can someone reply to me? I want One winged angel, battletheme, golden saucer, and also other final fantasy music like from the third one?

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    Yes, it is illegal to download anything for free when it's available for purchase, but it's cool, so be one of us. Or you could buy the soundtrack afterwards, like i did.

We are all going to burn in hell for our crimes. I call shotgun on the roadtrip to hell.

And Im driving the fucking bus lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshade9101 View Post
    I really want to download some FF7 music but is it illegal?
    Oh yes, it is illegal and evil d(^_^)b

My music & soundtrack collection....still updating!!

"Music is both the cause and the effect of universal harmony" - Confucius

some stuffs here are quite hard to find or considered bootlegs or even custom rip (for cult fans as there were no proper release or none at all). might just look at it as a sample then later purchased the original existing recordings if any to support the releasing co. (if you find the urge to own it & you do love that soundtrack then by all means go buy the originals)
    Mr.MnM likes this.

Soundtrack Custom Covers
    Front Covers | Covers Set
    “Before we get started, does anyone wanna get out?”

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshade9101 View Post
    I really want to download some FF7 music but is it illegal? I really want to know. Can someone reply to me? I want One winged angel, battletheme, golden saucer, and also other final fantasy music like from the third one?
    It's bad. Don't try and sugar coat it or attempt to justify it.

....now go, have fun and be bad. We are.

Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    It's bad. Don't try and sugar coat it or attempt to justify it.

....now go, have fun and be bad. We are.

come to think if yeah, it feels better this way.

----

if you really want it do what pleases you

I agree. Trading, posting, and downloading this stuff is illegal. Some say imoral. but meh. I don't think any of us really need to justify why we do it. Just decide for yourself. I decided to grab what I can. I love this stuff, and I do not feel any qualms at all about it.

Then again, the members of FSM's forum say that I am a sociopath, so I am not sure ya should follow my example....:/

Oh, wow.
    Social Networks:
    YouTube Channel
    Last Updated: 8/21/2014

Current Forum Projects:
    Requests for Video Game Soundtracks
    Start Date: 1/28/2010
    Last Updated: 7/12/2014

Video Game Projects
    Start Date: 12/17/2011
    Last Updated: 12/9/2012

Neg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    We are all going to burn in hell for our crimes. I call shotgun on the roadtrip to hell.
    Downloading music is the least of our sins, mon frere.

Saa, omae no tsumi wo kazoero~

Balamb Garden Student ReverseSandrosis's Avatar
    Over the years, my outlook has changed on this. I used to sugar coat and justify downloading illegally, then after a while I just came to terms with it. There have been a few times where I've gone on a downloading binge, like right after I got a filesonic account lol. I do my best not to be overly-selfish when downloading illegally, I don't do it just because I can. I appreciate that the internet is a vast resource of information, it's pretty much a whole new world (no disney pun intended :P).
    cout << "There is no tomorrow which has been decided"
    << "I can only be irregular, otherwise, nothing makes sense";

Follow by example, apparently. It's the "cool" thing going on here.
    Wanted Soundtracks:

Zero no Tsukaima: Princess no Rondo Drama CD
    ZnT On The Radio - Nangoku ha Issai Mushi!? Anta Tachi Zenin, Bakainu yo! (Japan Version)
    ZnT On The Radio Deluxe - Radio Nanoni Okinawa Roke? Nangoku ni Ittekimashita! - (Japan Version)
    ZnT On The Radio Saishuushou (Japan Version)
    ZnT On The Radio -Nangoku Ni Ike Nai Tte Do. Douiu Koto Nanoyo!-(Japan Version)

Not "cool" or otherwise. It is just a decision we all made, that's the deal. Those who disagree with it, are free to OT download the music. Their decision. But, folks who just want to lecture about what is or is not right are wasting their breath. You will not change our opinion, any more than we could change yours.

...but if you don't do it, we'll take your milk money and stuff you in your locker.

Neg
    Then we'll take other things and stuff them in your.....

Yes, downloading music from this website is illegal, but doing so for me is the one small way I can rebel against the scum we call our modern economic and social society, and I relish in every moment knowing that I am a dangerous vigilante-pirate-rebel with a large cause and a small boat.

In other words, not a single fuck will be given as I scour the high seas raiding the brainchildren of our modern artists whilst bathed in the moonlight that is our sociological administrative tyranny. A moonlight that, in it's effort to expose us to the eyes of do-gooders, only inadvertently adds to the darkness of our cloak of mystique.

But if I like something, I do end up paying for it to support the artist ^.^
    Mr.MnM likes this.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Fools...it's not piracy...

Piracy takes something away...I just get COPIES of something.

Silly wabbits.

...pssh. my boat was too small, anyway.

Grand Shriner
    I have a rule when it comes to this. I dont download what I CAN buy. For example...I spent over 70$ on iTunes the other day buying The Indiana Jones Soundtrack Collection and also E.T. PLUS Pirates 1 and 2....noW why on earth would I do that if I could just get them here? Idk, but my philosophy is that if i CAN buy it i WILL, but if it's not avaible for purchase like say leaked Recording Sessions, or a DVD Rip...What money are they losing? It's not out there at all, they arent losing anything they aren't gaining anything, if it's not out there we either have to make for ourselves or get stuff leaked. If the music companies particularly for film scores would open there eyes and realize that if they'd acutally release decent / complete score releases we WOULD buy them....at least I know I would. I don't come here for what I can buy...I come here for what I can NOT...and im not talking aout if something is too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseparty67 View Post

...pssh. my boat was too small, anyway.
    We're gonna need a bigger boat....

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zeeky_5678 View Post
    I have a rule when it comes to this. I dont download what I CAN buy. For example...I spent over 70$ on iTunes the other day buying The Indiana Jones Soundtrack Collection and also E.T. PLUS Pirates 1 and 2....noW why on earth would I do that if I could just get them here? Idk, but my philosophy is that if i CAN buy it i WILL, but if it's not avaible for purchase like say leaked Recording Sessions, or a DVD Rip...What money are they losing? It's not out there at all, they arent losing anything they aren't gaining anything, if it's not out there we either have to make for ourselves or get stuff leaked. If the music companies particularly for film scores would open there eyes and realize that if they'd acutally release decent / complete score releases we WOULD buy them....at least I know I would. I don't come here for what I can buy...I come here for what I can NOT...and im not talking aout if something is too expensive.

Like i said, we all rationalize it. Record labels know doubt know we would buy more complete albums. But is is such a SMALL market compared to other music genres, it is never going to be profitable to do so. As it is we are luck any scores albums are released by them. And that some of these other companies like Varese, LaLa. Intrada etc do what they do.

**says the woman who pirates anything anyways**

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    I do it because I can. Why rationalize it?

It's easy and it's free...if I could download a car & a decent hoe I'd do it too.

A hoe? You do a lot of heavy duty gardening, do ya?

I make no bones about it, even if I could afford to, I would not buy the majority of this stuff. Still, there are things I would like to have an actual item for. But, with med bills, I rarely can. No excuse, but a fact. Also, with itunes....dunno. If all I get is a digi release anyway...

Grand Shriner
    ya, i have some kind of mental block against paying for someone to ctrl+c and send me the copy. but a physical thing is totally different. i actually get something that took individual effort to make.
    Pixar Cast and Crew CD Thread - http://forums.ffshrine.org/f92/pixar...-thread-80014/

wish-
    august rush score (flac)
    16 Days of Glory (flac)
    i robot ost (flac)

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by tanis1lionheart View Post
    I do it because I can. Why rationalize it?

It's easy and it's free...if I could download a car & a decent hoe I'd do it too.
    Okay thats the best statement ever. Haha and i dont mean to rationalize it. Im just saying I buy what i can. Download whats not available. And unfortunately theres alot not available.

What a horrible night to have a curse. Mr Muay Thai's Avatar
    It's only illegal if someone gets caught.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast