Page 106 of 179 FirstFirst ... 65696100101102103104105106107108109110111112116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 4467
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: The Official Video Game Music Rumble

Hey guys. Sorry I'm moving slow. I've got a new schedule that's much more intense than my previous one. It sounds like we're ready to do PS2 and Sakimoto, but let's double-check the song/soundtrack selections before we get started. Make sure your favorite song/soundtracks are on there. I don't want anybody to feel like something important was left off.

We'll start with the Sakimoto soundtracks. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] his discography from Wikipedia for comparison.

1. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (w/ Iwata)
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

2. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ([Hidden link. Register to see links.])

3. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ([Hidden link. Register to see links.])

4. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (w/ Iwata)

5. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (w/ Ayako Saso, Kaori Oukoshi, & Uematsu)

6. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (w/ Iwata, Matsuo, & Uematsu)
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

7. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

8. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (w/ Mitsuda and Oshima)

9. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (w/ many others)

10. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (only did 6 tracks; replace w/ something else?)

11. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

12. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (w/ Iwata)

13. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (w/ Iwata)

14. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (w/ many others)

15. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

16. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (w/ Kawaguchi)

VGM [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - Currently N64 soundtracks and ZELDA songs
    VGM [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Sakimoto looks great to me. I keep checking PS2 over and over to make sure there's nothing missing, especially not something as important as that last glaring omission. So far so good.

Here's the PS2 list. Let me know if it looks okay. We'll start soon.

Spoiler!

it looks good. personally, i think the disgaea games should be in there.
    my rare game soundtracks thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    my extended game music loops thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    my Disgaea series thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

other great threads:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

To add any game we must first remove another. Any suggestions?

sly 2 and one of the shin megami tensei games. should even the balance out a little more for series-type games. also, i have no idea what the second and third ratchet and clank games are.

I actually Prefer Phantom Brave's Music over Disagaea...

And any Persona Music can actually be out of the list IMO...

But it's your call..

So my suggestion is Phantom Brave over P3 or P4.

But I don't really care much if they're in or not. I'm not that fan of the PS2 music.

So I'm pretty Neutral about this Rumble.

EDIT: Yeah, not a fan of Vocal Jpop music during gameplay... It's toxic for me. My Immune system is not build for that. LOL
    V for Valhalla

Quote Originally Posted by aces4839 View Post
    sly 2 and one of the shin megami tensei games. should even the balance out a little more for series-type games. also, i have no idea what the second and third ratchet and clank games are.
    Sure. Sly 2 is arguably the weakest in the series (soundtrack-wise) and I'm not too fond of Digital Devil Saga 2. I vote for those to be removed. Which Disgaea do you want in?

Edit: So, how about 1 Disgaea game and Phantom Brave? We're removing 2 games so we need to add 2.

Katachi-Makoto-Kotowari Szczepan's Avatar
    Tales of Symphonia? I know its port was released on ps2 in Japan, but it feels weird that we select it while leaving other 2 PS2 Tales of games that were released in west... How about Tales of Legendia instead? It is the the only Tales without Motoi Sakuraba music and by many percieved as the best OST in series. Nothing against Abyss too, if others would prefer it over Legendia.

btw Being a big fan of Yuki Kajiura I would be really happy to also have Xenosaga II (or III) in this rumble

I'm fine if you remove DDS2, I'm not too fond of that one either. But the first DDS is a must have.

Quote Originally Posted by Szczepan View Post
    Tales of Symphonia? I know its port was released on ps2 in Japan, but it feels weird that we select it while leaving other 2 PS2 Tales of games that were released in west... How about Tales of Legendia instead? It is the the only Tales without Motoi Sakuraba music and by many percieved as the best OST in series. Nothing against Abyss too, if others would prefer it over Legendia.

btw Being a big fan of Yuki Kajiura I would be really happy to also have Xenosaga II (or III) in this rumble
    Again, if you want something added, that's fine, just say what you want to have removed as well. If nobody has any objections, we'll do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Sure. Sly 2 is arguably the weakest in the series (soundtrack-wise) and I'm not too fond of Digital Devil Saga 2. I vote for those to be removed. Which Disgaea do you want in?

Edit: So, how about 1 Disgaea game and Phantom Brave? We're removing 2 games so we need to add 2.
    since the 2nd disgaea had about half the songs of what the first disgaea had, i'd go for that.

and instead of sly 2 bein takin out, im more for xenosaga: episode i. its lackin in the music department. its missin town, dungeon and ship themes which most people approve of.

I dunno I kinda like Xenosaga Ep1. Besides, it would be a good idea to not have too many entries from a single series. Basically, removing Sly 2 is a better idea, imo. If you feel too strongly about it, though, we'll remove Xeno. I don't mind too much, either way.

Thus far: Removing SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2 and adding Phantom Brave. Any objections?

well, sly 2 wasnt that bad to be honest. there were a number of themes that i did like. maybe we should remove a second SMT to balance out the list so there isnt more games in a series than it should be.

Nah, I'm definitely against that. Nocturne, DDS, P3 and P4 are both great soundtracks and they should definitely stay.

I think I'm with Aces here...

4 SMT games... Is quite a lot... And we have BOTH Persona music...

If you want so hardly all the Persona Music, delete something of Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter or the 3rd Shadow Hearts Music.

That I can deal with. Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy had great music, but the two sequels weren't particularly impressive. Jak 2 leaving the list is something I don't object to. I'd really rather keep both Personas. And I really don't want to see DDS or Nocturne go and I think you agree.

you know my username and my avatar arent related Mercenary Raven's Avatar
    I think, for the Shadow Hearts Covenant one, you can replace Inugami Village with [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. I know it's nowhere near the same style, but Inugami Village still have the "town" atmosphere going on and there's nothing as intense as Vicious 1915 in the list (Astaroth may be a battle theme but it's far more... soothing in atmosphere than Vicious 1915). For the original Shadow Hearts, [Hidden link. Register to see links.] can easily take over Steal Soul - Tanjou just because it's a better song with better emotions and the like. And finally, for From the New World, you can replace either Opening or one of the ICAROs with [Hidden link. Register to see links.] because it feels redundant to have TWO ICAROs...

How about Tales of Legendia instead? It is the the only Tales without Motoi Sakuraba music and by many percieved as the best OST in series.
    qft.

Here's my summary of the discussion so far. Let me know if I got anything wrong.

Add: Disgaea 2, Phantom Brave, Tales of Legendia, Xenosaga 2 (or 3)

Remove: Sly Cooper 2, Digital Devil Saga 2, Tales of Symphonia, Jak and Daxter 2

At this point, I need to know if we're adding Xenosaga 2 or 3.
    For the added soundtracks, I also need five song recommendations per soundtrack.

I'll make Mercenary's song changes during the rumble.

i can help with disgaea 2, but thats it. i didnt play much of phantom brave, but i did like Strange Wind cause it was featured in Disgaea 3.

Song of the Gods, Disgaea Rhapsody, Heavy Rotation, A Dark Race Becomes Magnificent '05, Visual Sensation.

you know my username and my avatar arent related Mercenary Raven's Avatar
    Tales of Legendia

OST version: [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    In-game: [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I can't find originals of the following, though:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thanks for the above suggestions.

I'm still waiting to hear from Szczepan about his preference between Xenosaga II or III. If anyone else has a preference, let me know. Song recommendations will help, too.

Also, I still need five song recommendations for Phantom Brave. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. If someone else could pick those five, I'd appreciate it.

In the meantime, I'm going to set up the fights, check the links, and find pictures for all of these soundtracks.

Starting soon...

Phantom Brave: Flower Blossom Guide, The End of This Passionate Feeling, B-A-R, Sand Feeling, Gloomy Feeling.

Katachi-Makoto-Kotowari Szczepan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurgolden View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear from Szczepan about his preference between Xenosaga II or III. If anyone else has a preference, let me know. Song recommendations will help, too.
    Thanks! TBH I would go with Xenosaga II for this rumble, as it has more Kajiura feeling in it, even though Xenosaga III OST seems more consistent overall. As for the song selection : [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Btw How about altering Xenosaga I song list a bit? Xenosaga I without [Hidden link. Register to see links.] and [Hidden link. Register to see links.] is just not the same.

Thanks for the above suggestions.

What should Zarathustra and Albedo replace?

Xenosaga - [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Maybe Relief and U-TIC System?