Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do people think you are crazy for loving video game music?

I Like Small, Cute Animals Schwarzer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That_Stupid_Guy View Post
    Woah, guys- just because music has lyrics doesn't mean it's not music. Lyrics compliment music in so much. The artist explains his feelings in 2 (3 for music vids) ways.
    WHOA, lost in translation!

What I meant is, music doesn't have to have lyrics to be good (most people can't stand to listen to instrumental music, though).

It's not bad for music to have lyrics, but in the case of MOST mainstream music, it's simply a cover-up for the rest of the ensemble that really can't perform all that well.

HOLY CRAP, people; how many times am I going to be misinterpreted this night?! Go to bed, and wake up tomorrow feeling clear-minded and refreshed, and THEN try posting!

Grand Shriner
    Oh, sorry. But I was also responding to teblad, who might have meant to say the same thing as you, or she could've been saying something else. Oh well, Sorry again.

Grand Shriner
    yeah they do. but as soon as i play some they suddenly shut up and stop dissin it.

imeem is better than last fm.

Life for Final Fantasy FainaruFantaji's Avatar
    They say that I`m too much into FF music... And they say that I should listen to something "real" not only OST`s

The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    I listen to any and every kind o' music under the sun. Melodic death metal is my favorite. But I love VGM.

Not at the table Carlos discodan's Avatar
    Ha!!

Signed, Snake Eater, Metal Gear

Quote Originally Posted by FainaruFantaji View Post
    They say that I`m too much into FF music... And they say that I should listen to something "real" not only OST`s
    "Real" lol that's nuts FF is real baby!

I don't know how many people know I listen to videogame soundtracks, but the ones that do know don't think it's weird. They too often like them, since it's just music and no singing in most cases.
    Yes yes, I know. It's not the most original signature

The Maid has nice jugs.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KALMAH View Post
    The Maid has nice jugs.
    Knowhatimsane!!

Hahaha

Talking TEEEHEEEEEEEE

Ok people check this one out! 3 weeks ago i was part of a wedding with total access in the music and part of the photography crew.Well the bride and the groom asked me to pick a song only for the entrance of the maids and the best man ect (not the wedding traditional song) so you wont believe what i picked. Before i say wich song is, i told her its something different, they listened to it and loved it also asked me who played so they can type the name of the song in the wedding program (that's a huge scoge for the video game community lol) so i said it was played live by the "philarmonic orchestra from Japan" and composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

the name of the song-"The Theme Of Love" from Final Fantasy Live 2002.
    i have to lie..if i say that it was final fantasy they wont play it.

you get the picture.lol

Quote Originally Posted by akuma6498 View Post
    Ok people check this one out! 3 weeks ago i was part of a wedding with total access in the music and part of the photography crew.Well the bride and the groom asked me to pick a song only for the entrance of the maids and the best man ect (not the wedding traditional song) so you wont believe what i picked. Before i say wich song is, i told her its something different, they listened to it and loved it also asked me who played so they can type the name of the song in the wedding program (that's a huge scoge for the video game community lol) so i said it was played live by the "philarmonic orchestra from Japan" and composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

you get the picture.lol
    I kinda did the same thing! I used to DJ and have done a few weddings... I had my turntables set up and a buddy was late showing up with his cd's..... I had few cd's at the time on hand but nothing that could really be played at a wedding reception during dinner. I ended up playing a few FF tunes from Relaxin w. final fantasy... and people really dug it.

Im suppose to be Djing a party later this month and i decided to use the club themes from hitman by jesper kyd lol.

Onion Kid
    Very much no. There's nothing wrong about listening to game music. The best kind of music out there. Like soundtracks, it can cover almost any genre really. I like the older computerized stuff as much as I do the current. Even moreso, I like how there are still sites like this around that support a good gaming ST.

Yea, theres lotsa remixes for Mario Bro's, Street Fighter n Zelda on 12"

I Like Small, Cute Animals Schwarzer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akuma6498 View Post

you get the picture.lol
    "Love will Grow (Instrumental Version)" would've worked too, or even the FF "Prelude" theme.

Golden Sun/Tales Fan! GoldenTalesGeek's Avatar
    My friend Amy is the only one who gives a hard time for just listening to film scores and game music damn near all the time. Everyone else just doesn't care.

I have an interesting story, though. In my junior year of high school, I took a music technology class, and quite a few of the guys in the the class were huge rap fanatics. There was one time when our teacher told us to bring in a CD of the music we like to listen to. The CD I brought in was the score to the 2nd X-Men film, and even the rap fans thought it was cool music! How weird is that???

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzer View Post
    WHOA, lost in translation!

What I meant is, music doesn't have to have lyrics to be good (most people can't stand to listen to instrumental music, though).

It's not bad for music to have lyrics, but in the case of MOST mainstream music, it's simply a cover-up for the rest of the ensemble that really can't perform all that well.

HOLY CRAP, people; how many times am I going to be misinterpreted this night?! Go to bed, and wake up tomorrow feeling clear-minded and refreshed, and THEN try posting!
    I totally agree, and honestly for me it's the other way around.
    I perfer music without lyrics about 75% of the time.

What are good comebacks if people call you a nerd or geek if they find out you listen to videogame and music scores?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeC View Post
    What are good comebacks if people call you a nerd or geek if they find out you listen to videogame and music scores?
    This is what I usually say: "Watch what you're saying, man. I may be the one hiring you for a job in the future."

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeC View Post
    You say..... "Bill Gates is the biggest wealthiest geek/nerd on the planet"

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTalesGeek View Post
    This is what I usually say: "Watch what you're saying, man. I may be the one hiring you for a job in the future."
    Hahaha I like that!
    I might say "Hey at least these people write their own stuff!"
    Or I say "Hey hey don't go mainstream on me man, keep it underground"

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Hahaha I like that!
    I might say "Hey at least these people write their own stuff!"
    Or I say "Hey hey don't go mainstream on me man, keep it underground"
    I'm glad you liked my comeback! I greatly appreciate it. I like your first comeback a lot. I wish I had thought of that one...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTalesGeek View Post
    I'm glad you liked my comeback! I greatly appreciate it. I like your first comeback a lot. I wish I had thought of that one...
    Heck yeah you know it, you are welcome!
    Your comeback is gold, I will have to use it!
    I have come up with a few over the years, ah it feels good:P
    Thanks for the feedback on mine ^_^