Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do people think you are crazy for loving video game music?

Wow Nario thank you for the links...But they didn't work for me
    EDIT: Nevermind got it to work.

Seeeee people this is why I like video games music/musicians.
    Awesome stuff Nick, I wish you the best in your career

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I apologize for all the posts but, Teblad the way you speak...
    You could be my twin, Dang!
    Thanks. If it wasn't for internet (= ffshrine) I wouldn't have anyone to speak to about music, so I take the chances I've got here to say a lot.

I'm planning to make a thread with all my favourite music someday soon, you might find something you like there.

Quote Originally Posted by teblad View Post
    Thanks. If it wasn't for internet (= ffshrine) I wouldn't have anyone to speak to about music, so I take the chances I've got here to say a lot.

I'm planning to make a thread with all my favourite music someday soon, you might find something you like there.
    Yes, same here. Up until I bumped into this thread I never thought about
    Using the internet to find others who share my tastes.
    As for your thread, I am looking forward to it.
    I am certain I will find many things that I like.
    When you do create it let me know so I can add my list as well,
    and from there it will hopefully grow with users.

Thank you for replying. For now I wouldn't mind talking
    to you guys here about anything music

Oh Yeah! Since The Nintendo Era.Lot of people i know say that people who listen to game music are not from this world, for them im crazy and guess what im a proud listener and musician. My Zen Vision M of 30 gb is already 23gb of game music you name it from fighting games(capcom,snk ect. .) to rpg(from square enix, gust atlus ) to command and conquer, starcraft, diablo 1 & 2 and by the way im looking for sega's yakuza ost it's hard to find.

By the way im about to make my own VGM Remixes im my recording studio.
    for those who want more of VGM like a remix version of the original and doesn't know about this site visit

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by akuma6498 View Post
    Oh Yeah! Since The Nintendo Era.Lot of people i know say that people who listen to game music are not from this world, for them im crazy and guess what im a proud listener and musician. My Zen Vision M of 30 gb is already 23gb of game music you name it from fighting games(capcom,snk ect. .) to rpg(from square enix, gust atlus ) to command and conquer, starcraft, diablo 1 & 2 and by the way im looking for sega's yakuza ost it's hard to find.

By the way im about to make my own VGM Remixes im my recording studio.
    for those who want more of VGM like a remix version of the original and doesn't know about this site visit

Yes this is awesome!
    23 GB!?
    I am so happy to not feel so alone anymore.
    Like you my computer and Mp3 player is filled with many types of games.
    But when you say Yakuza are you speaking of the guy behind Streets of Rage? Oh and let me know when you upload your stuff to OC
    I love that site! Take care

You know what they say, all toasters toast toast! Mario Kinnikuman's Avatar
    I'd hypothesize that the best artifact to remember a game by, when there comes a point in time when one stops playing a certain game, is the music.

I enjoy the wide gamut of Video Game music on all systems, from the Game Boy to the Wii, and all in between. It's difficult for me to express my penchant for Video Game music even amongst fellow Video Game enthusiasts, unless said game was popular and considered mainstream. You try explaining how one can find the repetitive albeit catchy music from the Game Boy, Super Nintendo, etc. tuneful, and you're usually disdainfully disregarded as absurd with no taste for music whatsoever, especially if the music emanates from an obscure game.
    SSB.Brawl Friend Code: 2750-0958-5412 Brawl name: Gavin
    Video Game music to rip:
    The Incredible Machine II (OST) - Done
    Johnny Bazookatone (OST) - Done
    Bust-a-Move (DOS) - Done
    Puzzle Bobble Variety (OST) - Done
    Zuntata Rare Selection Vol. 5 Hot Menu (OST) - Current
    Bust-a-Move (SNES) - Next

Forgotten Shadow mistekreuz_executor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Kinnikuman View Post
    I'd hypothesize that the best artifact to remember a game by, when there comes a point in time when one stops playing a certain game, is the music.
    Agree.
    False.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Yes this is awesome!
    23 GB!?
    I am so happy to not feel so alone anymore.
    Like you my computer and Mp3 player is filled with many types of games.
    But when you say Yakuza are you speaking of the guy behind Streets of Rage? Oh and let me know when you upload your stuff to OC
    I love that site! Take care
    oh found a forum where you can download the complete soundtrack of Yakuza
    here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

by the way Yakuza is a sega game like shenmue but with a lot of fighting and storyline only on the PS2 they're working on part2 and Yakuza the movie
    Yakuza Official Site [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

These Are Sites Form Japan
    Yakuza 2 Official Site [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Yakuza The Movie [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Man i should burn my VGM soundtracks on CD's and play em in my dads car like the need for speed most wanted score by paul linford lol.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeC View Post
    Man i should burn my VGM soundtracks on CD's and play em in my dads car like the need for speed most wanted score by paul linford lol.
    LMAO
    My friend a sugestion please do not listen car game soundtracks (eg gran turismo,need for speed ect) i did that by listening to spy hunter the arcade version and i had a speed ticket lol.

Yeah a couple days ago i put on this track from the CD:[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

My dad was like: Whoa this is pretty trippy.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeC View Post
    Yeah a couple days ago i put on this track from the CD:[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

My dad was like: Whoa this is pretty trippy.
    Thats Cool it is trippy specialy the choir lol

Quote Originally Posted by akuma6498 View Post
    oh found a forum where you can download the complete soundtrack of Yakuza
    here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

by the way Yakuza is a sega game like shenmue but with a lot of fighting and storyline only on the PS2 they're working on part2 and Yakuza the movie
    Yakuza Official Site [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

These Are Sites Form Japan
    Yakuza 2 Official Site [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Yakuza The Movie [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Ahhh thank you for all the info and for refreshing me.
    I remember that game now, its about the gang in Japan right?
    If I remember the main character's girlfriend gets kidnapped
    I never played it though. How is it? I want to experience the game
    before I listen to the OST. (You understand)
    Thanks again I'm gonna do some research

Someone browsing my ipod came across beethoven once and started sniggering. I asked "whats your fucking problem?" and he answered "hey nothing wrong with it, it just makes you an intellectual". An "Intellectual", I liked the sound of it. I now answer any queries to my japanese, musical, video game or anime music tastes that I'm an intellectual. Damn right bitch.

Grand Shriner
    i always play something and don't say it's from a game. and everyone is like 'wow that's nice!'

-

i go to an art school so nah, we usually listen to bgm everytime we do life drawing sessions

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSpark View Post
    And above all music is music!!! This is the fact that most people don't seem to realize. The thing that I like about Video game music is that it's unique from most other mainstream music.
    Totally agree. Im so pleased I found this thread. People think Im weird for liking film music, but I dont care anymore now. It used to fuck me off but it doesnt anymore.
    GAV

I LOVE video game music whether its 8-bit,16-bit,anything I consider it all a form of music....

Yeah exactly, some of the old Master System music is still great to listen to.

Onion Kid
    Half the people exclaim "What?!?! You listen to gay music?!?!" when i tell them game music. But yes, the other half do think I'm crazy for listening to VGM

The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    I just ignore those who say I'm dumb for digging VGM.

I Like Small, Cute Animals Schwarzer's Avatar
    It's disparaging that most people think video game music hasn't advanced beyond the 8-bit era. Then again, other than mainstream music being used in games, Halo is another popular soundtrack, without being too deep in the field of video game music.

Quote Originally Posted by teblad View Post
    they blame the music for being boring because it doesn't contain any lyrics. People seem to think that an instrumental piece is not 'music', just 'sounds', that a melody in itself cannot speak.
    I find this annoying, too; music that needs lyrics to be good isn't music at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KALMAH View Post
    I just ignore those who say I'm dumb for digging VGM.
    My thoughts exactly.

Grand Shriner
    Woah, guys- just because music has lyrics doesn't mean it's not music. Lyrics compliment music in so much. The artist explains his feelings in 2 (3 for music vids) ways.

He/she explains it verbally through his/her own words and through instruments combined to make an emotion stir within the listener (they also express it physically in music videos with dancing or other things to convey an emotion).

The lyrics combined with the music tell a story. A story that one can try to make sense of, -or- just to listen to because they like it. I believe the 2nd one applies to video game music more-so than the first, because if one hasn't played the game yet loves the music, they are not exactly sure what story the music is conveying. I know a lot of VGM I listen to- even from games I've already played and finished-, I just listen to so I can come up with my own stories. Because that's what I feel music is- one big, great story.

There are a lot of people (like those of you here) who listen to VGM simply because they like the music. But don't you think you sometimes listen to certain VGM just because it brings back fond memories of the game? (Note- I definitely don't mean ALL of your collection, just a small part.)

Well, I might post more when my brain feels like functioning more tomorrow. I didn't mean to offend anyone with this arguement, and if I did, I apologize. Feel free to post any contradictions you have or whatever, I'm all up for good discussion. Also, I have trouble finding the right words to explain myself, so if I'm making no sense in certain part, please tell me and I'll try to make it clearer.

LONG POST END

Music is music. End of story.

Hey guys I'm slamming my head against a desk and shooting a gun off into the air at the same time while cars are honking at me for placing a desk in the middle of the street. MUSIC.

Grand Shriner
    True.

I just don't like people saying they've been criticised for listening to VGM, but then criticising others for listening to music that has lyrics. If they don't like their music preferences being made fun of, they shouldn't make fun of others'.

... Ugh, I drag my posts on too much.