Page 65 of 192 FirstFirst ... 15555960616263646566676869707175115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4797
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [Discuss Only] Trailer Music (Immediate Music/X-Ray Dog/etc.)

  1. #1601
    Bad Boy licenturion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    846
    I would probably buy the new globus album if it has much better solo singers (male + female) than on the first one

    That was the only thing I hated on the first album...

  2. #1602
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    58
    Folks if you like Epic / Choral themes I recommend these 2 albums [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Track "Storm"
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Track "Hanging & "Escape"

  3. #1603
    Shriner
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by into the storm View Post
    Don't worry people. I'm sure if you wait long enough, Globus will put nonsense lyrics over the music and release a CD of TFOC 3.
    wow, "you can always depend on the kindness of strangers..."

  4. #1604
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxdmlz View Post
    Because the religious themed songs in the last one made a fantastic album?
    You obviously have a different album to me then, or maybe you downloaded it and are assuming its religious. If you buy the album you will see the booklet is great.

    Or maybe because its choirs?

    Its true that its easy to assume that, but for example one you may think about is Prelude - read the lyrics properly, then turn 180 degrees and you may get it.

    A clue? its about something that is constantly all over the news these days.

    I'm not going to get into deep discussion about it here - because no matter what I say you will diss us as you have fairly consistently

  5. #1605
    Grand Shriner Macksis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by vanton View Post
    You obviously have a different album to me then, or maybe you downloaded it and are assuming its religious. If you buy the album you will see the booklet is great.

    Or maybe because its choirs?

    Its true that its easy to assume that, but for example one you may think about is Prelude - read the lyrics properly, then turn 180 degrees and you may get it.

    A clue? its about something that is constantly all over the news these days.

    I'm not going to get into deep discussion about it here - because no matter what I say you will diss us as you have fairly consistently
    Vanton, I'm sorry to tell you, I didnt BUY (as in not "acquired") Epicon for the booklet. To tell you the truth I havent even thumbed through it yet. Its the music that we care about, not the lyrics. You changed the music in order to reach a broader audience and in the process alienated your core fans. Now I dont know what kind of advertising you've done elsewhere, but not many in the US knows who Globus is, I assure you.

    And as far as dissing you goes, unless I've missed something I believe the links for your stuff has been removed. If thats not a show of respect I dont know what is. Yet you constantly assume that we'd prefer to "acquire" music then purchase it. Many of us here have very extensive CD collections. You should consider that before jumping to conclusions.

  6. #1606
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    58
    Macksis, Globus/Epicon is not well know in other countries as well. I guess you never sell millions of CD when you decide to release another version of "Porque Te Vas" - a song which was famous in the mid 70' !!! Also taking into consideration that the Globus project is a Carmina Burana, it is not what we will call a new concept.

  7. #1607
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Macksis View Post
    Vanton, I'm sorry to tell you, I didnt BUY (as in not "acquired") Epicon for the booklet. To tell you the truth I havent even thumbed through it yet. Its the music that we care about, not the lyrics. You changed the music in order to reach a broader audience and in the process alienated your core fans. Now I dont know what kind of advertising you've done elsewhere, but not many in the US knows who Globus is, I assure you.
    Thats because its not been released there yet - many in the US have bought it on Amazon for over 40 bucks! Mad I know. Its only had a very tiny test release in the UK - which proved the market is there but we have to move slowly.

    Our core fans are our clients, the movie distributors and the audience that go to see the movies we help promote - not people who scour the internet looking for rar files.

    Its nice you enjoy our music, this showed there is or could be a market

    Quote Originally Posted by Macksis View Post
    And as far as dissing you goes, unless I've missed something I believe the links for your stuff has been removed. If thats not a show of respect I dont know what is. Yet you constantly assume that we'd prefer to "acquire" music then purchase it. Many of us here have very extensive CD collections. You should consider that before jumping to conclusions.
    If you looked at what I was replying to - it was about the Globus lyrics, nothing about IM in fact I didn't even mention that area.

    There is a world outside of this forum and our links still remain in many places.

    I'm sure of 2 things:-

    1. if Globus were released some here would purchase and maybe go to a show. We would also gain audience from those who have never even heard our original cues without the voice over and sound effects.

    and 2. if successful there are many who would simply move onto something else that is not available, isn't that what this thread is all about? Being one of the few who have material? From all the bragging I can only assume thats what its about.

    Yes - I am happy that our music has been taken down, but why have all the other links to other producers remained? Its illegal regardless who gets on here and argues (or discusses).

  8. #1608
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Nono2007 View Post
    Macksis, Globus/Epicon is not well know in other countries as well. I guess you never sell millions of CD when you decide to release another version of "Porque Te Vas" - a song which was famous in the mid 70' !!! Also taking into consideration that the Globus project is a Carmina Burana, it is not what we will call a new concept.
    Well Burana was 150 years ago and never have we said that this is a new concept.

    Hopefully people realised that Porque was a bit of a gag - some fun at the end of intense listening - the album actually has no gaps, there's sound design snip[pets between each track so after over an hour of intensity - porque comes on and you say "what the f@@k" Personally I didn't think it worked but others like the idea, we actually had lots of problems getting permission to do it. I think it will be lost from later releases as will a few of the others.

    As I said Epicon is only released in the UK as a small test so its not surprising no one has heard it.

  9. #1609
    Grand Shriner Macksis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    139
    Our core fans are our clients, the movie distributors and the audience that go to see the movies we help promote - not people who scour the internet looking for rar files.
    We only scour, because right now its the only way to hear your wonderful music, outside of the trailers they associated with.

    If you looked at what I was replying to - it was about the Globus lyrics, nothing about IM in fact I didn't even mention that area.
    Arent those IM cues you're using along with the lyrics?

    and 2. if successful there are many who would simply move onto something else that is not available, isn't that what this thread is all about? Being one of the few who have material? From all the bragging I can only assume thats what its about.
    If you're referring to the whole "I have Nemesis, and you dont" incident, well I dont think I can really comment on that. I understand why you'd say that, but I like to think that this forum isnt about bragging about who has what.

    Yes - I am happy that our music has been taken down, but why have all the other links to other producers remained? Its illegal regardless who gets on here and argues (or discusses).
    They havent asked

  10. #1610
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    58
    Vanton, Epicon can be found in other countries under "Import". UK is not anymore an isolated island.

    Intersting your Rock Band [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. To bad for those who don't like Dann voice !!!

  11. #1611
    Grand Shriner finalfantim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by vanton View Post
    As I said Epicon is only released in the UK as a small test so its not surprising no one has heard it.
    + You can see some more marketing now (for example) with the Live Concert in Wembley to be broadcasted in the UK.

    "Globus LIVE at Wembley - Premieres in the UK on 30th December on sky 158 (Film24) plus repeats over the next few weeks.

    For those outside the UK - tune into joost.com and find film24 - Its a great channel and they will be loading the show on Joost shortly so you can sit back and enjoy the Wembley show whenever you want, or just set your sky pluss to 158 30th december!"

    So....when will it be available on Joost vanton? And i mean in terms of days/weeks cause i simply cant wait to see it :P
    Ow, and i cant wait for the dvd aswell...
    ...hard times...

  12. #1612
    Shriner
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by vanton View Post
    Hopefully people realised that Porque was a bit of a gag - some fun at the end of intense listening - the album actually has no gaps, there's sound design snip[pets between each track so after over an hour of intensity - porque comes on and you say "what the f@@k" Personally I didn't think it worked but others like the idea, we actually had lots of problems getting permission to do it. I think it will be lost from later releases as will a few of the others.

    As I said Epicon is only released in the UK as a small test so its not surprising no one has heard it.
    That track seemed really out of place to me really, I wondered why it was on there in the first place
    But hey, muscicians do crazy things so wth.

    They all do have a point though that the actual CD is pretty hard to find in regular shops outside the UK. It's such a shame, you either have to be familiar with IM- meaning you download illegal music or you wouldn't know about Globus (outside the UK). Isn't it kinda crazy you consider it a 'small test' when it's so cost intensive to produce one of these albums??
    Everyone knows Britney Spears, but noone has ever heard of Globus... sad, all the trailermusicfans should combine forces and put Globus on the map.

  13. #1613
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Macksis View Post
    They havent asked
    They haven't asked? So your saying production companies need to give you permission to take their links off? Your not smart enough to do it on your own?

    Macksis, with all due respect, just because you like the music doesn't mean that you have to have it. You have to understand that it's "off limits" to the general public and if you don't respect that, then don't expect these companies to give any back.

    As far as I can tell, these "core fans" have disrespected and violated the rules, the worst thing that they could have done. These are not multi-billionaire companies, they cannot please everyone.

  14. #1614
    Bad Boy licenturion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by pyroblackbelt View Post
    That and the music from the 10,000 B.C. trailer. But no one seems to know what that is.
    I went to see National Treasure yesterday. They played the 10,000 BC trailer. The song in the ending is Epic Score - Empire (A version) of the album Epic Action & Adventure 2.

    It's kinda cool to watch trailers these days now that I know most of the epic songs, so I can hum along...

  15. #1615
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5
    dottorefell !!!!!!!!!!!

    Please contact me at [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (msn messenger)

    see you soon...

  16. #1616
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12
    is Nemesis out? and the trailer for Jumpers 'moving mountains' is on it, right?

  17. #1617
    Bad Boy licenturion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by desiprince1212 View Post
    is Nemesis out? and the trailer for Jumpers 'moving mountains' is on it, right?
    right to the first question and right to the second

  18. #1618
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12
    great. second question, where can you find it and if anyone has it can they upload it?

  19. #1619
    Shriner
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by robertz View Post
    They haven't asked? So your saying production companies need to give you permission to take their links off? Your not smart enough to do it on your own?

    Macksis, with all due respect, just because you like the music doesn't mean that you have to have it. You have to understand that it's "off limits" to the general public and if you don't respect that, then don't expect these companies to give any back.

    As far as I can tell, these "core fans" have disrespected and violated the rules, the worst thing that they could have done. These are not multi-billionaire companies, they cannot please everyone.
    I can agree with that Robertz! But how do you propose to 'alter' the situation we're in now? If you close this tread an new one will pop up in no time on another site. The number of 'core fans' is growing and it's not gonna stop, look at how many hits this stupid tread it getting!! We're reaching the 6 zero's...what's your proposal?

  20. #1620
    Grand Shriner Macksis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by robertz View Post
    They haven't asked? So your saying production companies need to give you permission to take their links off? Your not smart enough to do it on your own?

    Macksis, with all due respect, just because you like the music doesn't mean that you have to have it. You have to understand that it's "off limits" to the general public and if you don't respect that, then don't expect these companies to give any back.

    As far as I can tell, these "core fans" have disrespected and violated the rules, the worst thing that they could have done. These are not multi-billionaire companies, they cannot please everyone.
    It was a joke. Hence the smiley face. But what do you want me to do? Accept that I'm not allowed to have it? Then give me something I am allowed to have. Its that simple. I am more than happy and more than willing to pay for the music that I enjoy so much, but there is a serious lack of options. I love trailer music, you could say that I'm addicted to it. I have nothing but respect for the people that produce it. And I dont feel that me wanting the music is a sign of disrespect.

  21. #1621
    Shriner xagonyxscenex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40
    it really is a shame that more of this kind of music isn't available to the general public. I know for me it motivates the hell out of me any time I listen to it. Be it while I'm working out or just about life in general. It would be great to have more of this super energetic orchestrated music available to the mass public.

  22. #1622
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23
    I feel the same way. The disrespect I meant, was the uploading and posting of links to the albums. That is a big mistake. Let me give a hint: If you come across links to the albums in the future, download at your own risk, but don't pass it along to others. When you 'obtain it', you don't have to tell the whole world about it.

    What's my proposal? I have a few but the main one is to ask Vanton. Ask him if there is a future in trailer music for the general public. This won't happen tomorrow or in a week, but maybe 1-2 years from now.

  23. #1623
    Bad Boy licenturion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    846
    ^^
    There are 2 option imo
    1. The companies aknowledge the fact that there are a lot of fans out there and release a cd with the ORIGINAL songs to the general public.
    2. The companies don't alter their behaviour and everythings just goes on but the trailer fan scene goes 'underground'

    But I'm glad to see that a big company like 2 steps from hell will make a first step in the right direction. They are planning a public release with the best tracks. And they promised here not to alter the music.
    I'm really glad about this. The people from 2 steps from hell posted twice on this board and then do something for all the trailer fans out there. By doing this I think they deserve a lot of respect. I is certainly better than some other companies that keep on complaining and whining but don't do anything about it.

    Now I only hope that 2SFH release there best tracks that everybody loves and wants. And that's Nemesis

  24. #1624
    Shriner
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    79
    @ licenturion
    LOL Nemesis must be the holy grail for many of you
    I hope they don’t make the second choice, if they do, I think it’s gonna hurt them big time. Actually I don’t think they’ll be able to stop it with the current technology.
    Just look how drastic digital media has changed in the last 5 years. In 5 years from now, everybody will have an home editing suite on their PC. Probably standard built-in software. To edit all your family movies to your own hearts content. You’ll most likely be able to import any music files you can get your hands on.
    If the big companies haven’t figured out a way to stop the illegal distribution of their digital media, their ’exclusivity’ will become very hard to guarantee. There has to be only one person who puts ’confidential content’ up on the net, it’ll take a few days for the link to appear in google and there we go again. And it goes worldwide, digital boundaries seem non-existent.
    Commercial releases is a very good sign for us trailer fans but it may also be the last measure to gain a little more money if they don’t figure out a way to ’contain’ their music to just the distribution companies.

    Another problem which is striking is why are we even aware of the future releases of 2SFH or IM or any other companies when we’re not supposed to get exposed to it in the first place until we see the trailers?
    We know TFOAC3 and nemesis2 are coming but having that info out in the open is adding oil to the fire.
    It’s like saying here’s a sample of what you people want so much but don’t dare to go looking for a downloadlink. Of course, the companies have to advertise on the net to get their clients but you can’t deny the way it’s handled is kinda asking for illegal uploads.

    Solutions I have none. Option 1:The music companies add something to the music file that it becomes unplayable to a general PC. And thus that the file simply is worthless to the general audience and only usefull to the clients who bought the licence. But any digital media can be hacked, cracked, fragged so a long term solution this is not.
    Option 2: distribution companies revalue their opinion about the "exclusivity" as this really seems the root of the problem.

    @ robertz
    I have never actively uploaded this music or shared it around. Respect for something you admire can go along way. It is a big mistake that the links are up but it’s even more sad that I had to find out about this music the way I did. All the positive comments posted here testify there is a market for this type of music if it was accesible for mass consumption.
    Here’s a funny little story that’s worth mentioning:
    Years ago there was a little movie called ’1942- Conquest of Paradise.’ It was released to theatres and bombed like crazy. YEARS afterwards, almost by chance, someone started playing the main theme on the radio, next to the regular pop and rock songs.

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    People took notice of it as it stood out like hell amongst the other songs. Due to that, people began requesting the soundtrack on a massive scale and it became one of those CD’s that went mainstream, years after the movie was released. To this day, people just remember the music.
    My point is, people who’ve heard this trailermusic and are not familiar with it, all say "that sounds cool, what is it??" It must mean something. It may not be everybody’s cup of tea but the epic stuff is surely noticed by people. And actually, it’s pretty rare to find something that sounds good and that you’re not supposed to acquire. Usually you’re bombarded with songs that don’t mean anything to you Okay, the rant is over, I’ve had my say. Adios.

  25. #1625
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by robertz View Post
    I feel the same way. The disrespect I meant, was the uploading and posting of links to the albums. That is a big mistake. Let me give a hint: If you come across links to the albums in the future, download at your own risk, but don't pass it along to others. When you 'obtain it', you don't have to tell the whole world about it.
    We have seen just from this one thread on one of many many forums how people don't read or think in these ways, I think we have had a few consider but the vast majority (as I have said previously) ignore and grab whatever they can whenever they can - Imagine the scenario that says you share one I share one - how many do this? maybe 1% - reduce that by whatever % you want for your theory - much as I would love to believe this - its not the nature of the beast.

    Humanity has become a "me me me" culture and its not just in copyright matters. People want something for nothing or for the minimum price they can find. How many people think about cruelty in the way chickens are factory farmed - from chick to slaughter in 39 days? no daylight, 1 hour of darkness per 24 hours, pay double and let them see the outside, eat some worms, sun themselves - not an option for the majority.

    Music - Oh there's a link, all I need do is click it and I get it for free - the artist doesn't need to eat .... I think you see where things are.

    Indeed why does someone register on this forum? its to get something for nothing - This site is not free - its ad driven, so her we are talking about things and they make an income, someone has to pay in the end - you all click to get music at say rapidshare - how many of you have actually paid for the service? BUT because its music, movies, software whatever and you can obtain without payment, ITS OK - In fact the CREATORS of the material are the ones who are at the beginning of the map but actually end up getting nothing - This forum gets income, the servers who host get paid, your internet supplier gets paid, the computer manufacturer gets paid, Hmm what about the author???

    I'm not sure why I am typing this to be honest, the guys who get it will read digest and maybe reply by PM or here - the rest will simply not bother to read or just put it down to "here that arse goes again"

    Quote Originally Posted by robertz View Post
    What's my proposal? I have a few but the main one is to ask Vanton. Ask him if there is a future in trailer music for the general public. This won't happen tomorrow or in a week, but maybe 1-2 years from now.
    Bluntly - in the pure way you guys want it? No

    Given what I've said above - retail of our type of music will only work if its acceptable to the majority and receives radio play TV play and live concerts that are exciting and huge.

    Now in many cases thats OK but the cost of recording (OK - i'm not sure if others actually get nearly 200 people involved as artists and pay them to record) for us makes advertising the only feasible route to recoup the costs and make a bit of a living.

    Unless of course we could create a street team worldwide how will hit radio in their area and tell them about this type of music, convince them to take a chance... Unfortunately that takes time and effort and people simply do not have either.

    Our reasoning behind releasing in the UK waqs because of this, its a small country with a vibrant music business - and we thought we could get the media to play things, however in these days of multinational corporations running radio - they have to stick to a strict format - oldies, rap - the Uk doesn't even have a major TV show for new acts or even the top 20 anymore.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •