Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: A real criticism thread

Loyal to Vayne Solidor
    I'm quite surprised at the amount of arguing in here already, and personal comments!

I know a lot about 12 already, and even though I haven't played the game, I do know I won't have too much to moan about when I get to play it - I think the only main gripe so far I have with this is that so many of my favourite characters have died, and they ruined the design of Tiamat.

But I suppose with all the war going on and the lust for power, I suppose a lotta people are going to die.

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    Prak lost this debate the moment he tried to denegrate and insult people when they made valids comments that were not fitting his narrow vision. It seems Prak can only attack people when they do not agree with him. If you don't agree with him, like Reva does, then you're stupid and ignorant.

Prak, you should know by now that when you raise your fist, you admit that you're mentally defeated. I wanted to point it out so you'd know how it looks like to us when we read your insult filled posts.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Oh look. I've annoyed Hynad so much that he now has to revive threads just to attack me. I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

Maybe it's just the altruism in me that wants to educate you so you can learn respect and civism. After all, this forum is like a small community. Being so, we all have to do our parts to make it better. When will you start doing yours?

Civism is another word for citizenship. The word you're looking for would probably be civility.

Now, regarding your thoughts on our parts in the community, I don't buy into that garbage. If everyone plays nice and holds back their more extreme views for fear of offending someone, then we all wind up being nothing more than a bunch of drones doing nothing but mumbling things we don't mean to people who don't care.

My role is this community is to be an abrasive voice of truth and reason. I fill it well, and fully intend to stick with it.

Oh I see, so you think respecting people will obviously make you look like a drone...

And sorry to 'pop' your ego, but your truth and reason is in no way absolute. Any grown and educated person knows this. Telling a polite newcomer he's worthless has nothing to do with reason or truth. You're just an irritable person with not much respect and comprehension for anything that is not coming from him and his self-righteous ego.

I really wonder how you can come up with something as wrong as your last post and have the guts to post it here. I'm all for individual identity, but to try and give reasons why it's a good thing to disrespect people? Seriously, there are some issues you need to work on.

What the fuck have you been reading? I didn't tell any new member they were worthless (not recently, at least).

You wanna know why it's a good reason to disrespect people? It's because some people are just plain idiotic and need a dose of common sense. Then there's the fact that if they don't listen to my high-handed common sense, I may be able to drive them off. Yes, I try to drive retards off. I want to be rid of them. That's why I disrespect people. You want respect from me? You fucking earn it.

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    As entertaining as this is, I'm sure you'll understand why I'm closing this, right, Prak?

Hynad --- you have as much chance of winning against Prak as pigs do of flying. Prak --- you're pretty much completely right, but well, I'm sure you know as well I do that this debate probably is gonna go nowhere fast.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567