'nuff said.

Neg
    What was your final playtime?

Righful owner of the matrix jewess crabcake's Avatar
    confused.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

You own a Xbox 360? Join the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] today!

Neg
    Order of Ambrosia is the highest clan rank. You have to do everything under god's creation to get it. Well, almost everything. You'll get there, Smarties. I will too, once I feel like going back to finish the hunts and bestiary.

Oooh, I'm currently training it's hard to keep everyone a high level, I mean I had to fight tiamat with lvl 20 characters, but I did it... somehow. I'm a rear guard now though. lol, rear guard.

Neg
    If you do every hunt and side-quest as they become available, you really won't spend much time outright grinding for levels. I can only think of two occassions when I really hit it hard (in the Estersand [20 hours at the beginning of the game] and in Barheim [I made obscene amounts of money on the undead]) and I'm 80 (Penelo)/70s (everybody else).

Penelos your highest character, I think you've gone a ga for penelo, Balthier's my highest character, only because in the henne mines he was the only one who survived a flan onslaught.

Neg
    Smarties, I'd ask you where you've been, but you made my sig for chrissakes

I thought it was just an infatuation but your obsessed, Humes are nothing but trouble. Especially those from Dalmasca.

Neg
    Yes, I obsess. It's what I do. Humes are where it's at, yo. I like Ashe too, just not nearly as much as I like Penelo.

I find ashe rude but Vaan should still tap that, Vulnerable widows ftw.

Vaan definitely should tap that........
    And ashe so wants him..................
    who do you think Vaan would go for, ashe or penelo????
    Strength without determination means nothing, and determination without strength is equally useless"
    Godo- Final Fantasy VII

Nice job getting that far. I'm only a Knight of the Round, just one more clan rank up to go as far as I know. I think getting all the sky pirates den awards will be the hardest thing to do if I want to get to order of Ambrosia.

If love is a red dress, hang me in rags. terabyte's Avatar
    I don't know my final playtime...maybe 160 hours? I haven't finished it yet in this playthrough...don't know if I will.

I leveled up my characters to 70-80 before I even thought about doing the rare-game sidequest. Now I wish I had done that first, because it was really boring yesterday running around spawning super-rare monsters that I could two-shot with the tournesol + zodiac spear.

I found out after I had fully completed half of the bestiary that you don't need to complete the information pages, you just need to kill one of each monster to get the initial entry to show up.

The only thing I didn't do (besides the more mundane sidequests like racing or cockatrice quests) was get the wyrmhero blade, and that was on principle. I beat yiazmat, I pwned omega, I wasn't going to spend god knows how long doing that damn fishing game. (Reminded me too much of those lightning towers in FFX-2). Not to mention that, by that time, it's completely worthless anyway.

Final inventory:
    Grand Helm - 1 (which is easier to get than you'd think...though I got it on the 1st drop. Still, easier than Danjuro.)
    Grand Armor - 1
    Circlet - 2
    Lordly Robes - 2
    Zodiac Escutcheon - 1
    Ensanguined Shield - 1 (good for spawning some rare game)
    Zodiac Spear - 1
    Tournesol
    Masamune - 1
    Yagyu Darkblade - 2 (worthless, used on in Yiazmat fight but should have gotten another masamune)
    Danjuro - 1 (worthless, but after spending hours getting it, I made penelo use it anyway)
    Durandal
    Stoneblade
    Sagittarius + Artemis Arrows or Assassin's Arrows (unnecessary, but I wanted a ranger on my team)
    Whale Whisker
    Volcano (worthless, used once)
    Fomalhaut - 2 (worthless by endgame)
    Staff of Magi - 1 (good for Yiazmat battle)
    Euclid's Sextant - 1 (measures are worthless)
    Rod of Faith (worthless)
    Ultima Blade - 2
    Excalibur
    Main Gauche - 3 (awesome for those freakin' henne mines bats!)
    Ribbon - 1 (godsend)
    Plus a ton of other crap I haven't sold off yet (random treasure weapons, black/white masks, etc).

I've got 2+ million gil, almost 5 million clan points, all grimoires, all sky pirate's den figures (I was afraid that I wouldn't get Dalan and I'd have to backtrack across the ENTIRE map, but he showed up right on cue. *whew*), and a whole butt-load of knots of rust (can't imagine I'll be using any more dark matters). By no means is this a "complete game," I'm not that insane.

Vaan - 83 - Masamune, Genji Gloves
    Balthier - 83 - Tournesol
    Fran - 82 - Sagittarius + Artemis Arrows, Lordly Robes, Circlet
    Basch - 84 - Zodiac Spear, Grand Armor/Helm
    Ashe - 87 - Durandal + Demon Shield, Dueling Mask, Ribbon
    Penelo - 82 - Danjuro + Zodiac Escutcheon, Lordly Robes, Circlet

With Amber Armlet equipped, Balthier could do 5k+ damage. I'm thinking of fighting the end boss with a single unarmed character. XD Just to make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Moogle View Post
    Nice job getting that far. I'm only a Knight of the Round, just one more clan rank up to go as far as I know. I think getting all the sky pirates den awards will be the hardest thing to do if I want to get to order of Ambrosia.
    Err, forgot to post this.

Actually, the SP figures aren't that hard...many of them are for defeating bosses. The worst one for me was Gabranth...I spent like 3 1/2 hours the other night trying to get all those damn concurrences, which, if you used quickenings regularly (I didn't), you may be close to having anyway.
    And don't worry about the Mythril sword/blade. I thought they were required for something, but they're not.

Anyway, now I can get back to real life, right? (heh)

Did you find getting the figure for compleating every map difficult or easy????
    Is there any easy way of checking if you have the complete map of each area without going to that area.

Quote Originally Posted by samonasuke View Post
    Did you find getting the figure for compleating every map difficult or easy????
    Is there any easy way of checking if you have the complete map of each area without going to that area.
    It turned out to be pretty easy. I had to go through Pharos again, but I was there to chain Towers anyway. (Pharos Subterra has no map for the corner areas).

To see your maps, go to World Map in the game menu, and select the area you want to check. If you have any incomplete borders/gray areas, or if the connecting lines don't connect anywhere, then it's incomplete. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] has all of the maps with the treasures/traps/map urns on them. Make sure you've covered both Giza-rains and Giza-dry, and get the candles for Henne, Lhusu, Barheim, and Garamsythe. I don't think Nalbina Dungeons or Draklor count towards completion.

You got Order of Ambrosia?! That's great!

Order of Ambrosia ranking is the most ultimate achievement in the game right? Because it includes all Clan Hunts, Club Hunts, beating Omega Mark XII, and other stuff right?

I'm now motivated to continue playing this game to 100% and getting that ranking. I've been playing since December, off and on, I'm 118 hours into it I think. I may end up playing this game occasionally while I beat other rpg's until Nov 20th(when Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings for Nintendo DS comes out and I'm buying it that day and I HAVE to be done with Final Fantasy XII by that time).

I think I'll do this...
    Gradually spend time on FF XII beating it with 100% of sidequests, must be done by November 20th
    Beat Rogue Galaxy(which I own and have played some of it) by Aug 28th
    Get Blue Dragon on Aug 28th and beat it by Oct 1st
    Get The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on Oct 1st and beat it by Oct 30th
    Get Lost Odyssey on Oct 30th and beat it by Nov 20th
    Get Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings on Nov 20th, probably finish it with 100% sidequests...

Future games for next spring possibly: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat, Cry On. Not sure if I want to beat Mass Effect or White Knight Story though.
    Recently beaten: Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
    Will play next: Final Fantasy I-IV(PSP/DS)
    *Last Update 7-9-2008

Wow, you seem to be super organised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fair play to you though, Im just too lazy for any of that stuff, allthough I am very close to getting order of ambrosia.
    I just played it whenever I got the urge. Worked for me, Hope you achieve your deadlines. Someone that organised has to get to order of amborsia

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    You got Order of Ambrosia?! That's great!

Order of Ambrosia ranking is the most ultimate achievement in the game right? Because it includes all Clan Hunts, Club Hunts, beating Omega Mark XII, and other stuff right?

I'm now motivated to continue playing this game to 100% and getting that ranking. I've been playing since December, off and on, I'm 118 hours into it I think. I may end up playing this game occasionally while I beat other rpg's until Nov 20th(when Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings for Nintendo DS comes out and I'm buying it that day and I HAVE to be done with Final Fantasy XII by that time).

I think I'll do this...

Lol, you sound committed, now.

OoA is actually not too bad...finish all marks, collect every sky pirate figure, and get 1,000,000 clan points (which is a snap). There are plenty of crazy folks out there (or more likely, people without jobs ) who would not consider OoA as the "ultimate game," at least, not without all characters at 99, 6 grand armors/helms, 6 zodiac spears, 99,999,999 gil, 99,999,999,999 clan points, etc etc. Bleh, I can't imagine grinding out all that (besides the fact that you'd need to open that Henne Mines zodiac spear chest ~6000 times!)

Quote Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
    There are plenty of crazy folks out there (or more likely, people without jobs ) who would not consider OoA as the "ultimate game," at least, not without all characters at 99, 6 grand armors/helms, 6 zodiac spears, 99,999,999 gil, 99,999,999,999 clan points, etc etc.
    I cant imagine anyone who is attempting this feat and trying to lead a healthy sociable life, the two just cant be done simultaniously.

Neg
    Quote Originally Posted by samonasuke View Post
    I cant imagine anyone who is attempting this feat and trying to lead a healthy sociable life, the two just cant be done simultaniously.
    QFT. I've always felt this way. When I go back, I'm not even worrying about any drops. I'm just shooting for OoA.

FF needs more online capabilities, If FFXII had online my god would that be great. You could invite guests, Everyone had their own set of gambits, Your guests could turn on you *sigh* bliss.

Thats the way to do it. Except for the tournesol, if your going for OoA, that how I feel anyway

I admit it, I had fun doing some of the time-consuming stuff, like getting the Danjuro or the YDB. But I tried going for something in the Henne mines, and I opened the chest and reset something like 80 times, then realized how fucking sad my life had become. I had to stop.

Actually, I finished the game last night, with just unarmed characters. It was funny as hell, Basch was running around the Bahamut, killing all the imperial guards by just striking them once with his fist. Lmao. He was like *Chuck Norris* bad-ass. I should have recorded it and put it on youtube.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast