Thread: Getting to Ultima(video) + pissed

Grand Shriner

Angry Getting to Ultima(video) + pissed

I just died even with the video. Got to 6:07 I got the Z-spear and all my guys are 60+ how the hell are these guys killing me so easy? There were like 3 of them and they just up and fucking killed me all buffed out I don't get it. It those stupid ass hard to hit way points around and around man I am pissed off.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The Forbidden? I don't remember them being a problem - it was the Necrophobes that gave me a hard time. Then again, Lvl 60 is probably a bit low - the enemies are around Lvl 63/64, so you're probably better off levelling up a bit first. Ultima's a pretty tough fight, so I wouldn't bother until you can deal with the enemies fairly easily. If you really can't wait, use Bubble and Flee past them, healing whenever you get the chance.

If love is a red dress, hang me in rags. terabyte's Avatar
    I don't remember the Forbidden... the hell?
    FYI: Necrophobes can be blinded and silenced, ftw.

Grand Shriner
    Yeah I could not wait so i used bubble and ran like hell. When I got to her I had seen the videos but I had ZERO white masks it took me 2 hours to fine the best way and it was

~Get lucky
    ~quickening (during MP sap)
    ~use elixir/hi ethers I used all 4 Elixer so I am hoping there is a way to farm/buy them?
    ~pull in lv 40's and use there quickenings

I am not sure if I can do the others at this stage

Zeromus
    exodus
    chaos
    cuchulainn

If those are anything like her I am going to lv 99. I She would have been super easy if i had white masks my main are lv 65+

i wonder how i get out now =O

30min to get in 5min to get out ^_^

If love is a red dress, hang me in rags. terabyte's Avatar
    :O
    I think ALL of the espers you've listed are easier than Ultima. (Chaos may be the exception, just because getting to him is a pain).

Congrats. You beat a bitch-ass boss battle without using an obvious exploit. ::clink::

sass this hoopy frood superlusher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strosek View Post
    30min to get in 5min to get out ^_^
    out of the great crystal? i found the road up to ultima easy enough, the fight went well, but the next morning and afternoon trying to get out! lol

''Your life is yours alone, rise up and live it''.

Ultima disapointed me (imo). An esper that leads a revolt against the gods and I beat her in one try. The only espers I do/have found challenging are/were Exodus and Zodiark.

I never found Exodus hard at all - one of the easiest Espers to beat, in my opinion. But I took forever to kill Zodiark: Darkja kept killing and blinding most of my team (why didn't Black Masks absorb that attack?).

Zak
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] helped me get to Ultima with absolutely no problem.

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    The dark-absorb armor will protect against the Dark element, but I don't think anything can prevent the instant KO, it's just random.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

Onion Kid
    Exodus was a problem? Strange. He was much easier than Ultima. I thought the ultima fight was pretty cool, very engaging since you had to change your gambits to match each field effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavka View Post
    I never found Exodus hard at all - one of the easiest Espers to beat, in my opinion. But I took forever to kill Zodiark: Darkja kept killing and blinding most of my team (why didn't Black Masks absorb that attack?).
    They do. Darkja does damage with a chance of insta-KO and blinding. Dark masks absorb the damage. It was still a hell of a fight, especially when I didn't know who was scathing who.