Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Final Fantasy X-2 Rumble!! (MA)

Zak
    I choose Dark Yojimbo because like I said, it's different from all the other aeon fights. And I never cared for Yojimbo in X.

Damn, I hate the aeons and the superbosses...Black Elemental, I guess.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    Was gonna vote Dark Elemental, posted it actually, changed my mind. Dark Yojimbo. I remember it actually giving me a challenge once.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

Black Elemental

i wanna exist damnit ;-; non-canon sousaphone's Avatar
    Dark Yojimbo, cause Black Elemental was piss easy with Charon+Damage Limit Break. If only i had those two when I fought Yojimbo. -.-

A weapon of righteousness Ngrplz's Avatar
    Dark Yojimbo

~Forever known as Purrr~

Zak
    Dark Yojimbo 4-2 Black Elemental

Well, it seems like nearly all the reincated Via Infinto fiends are dropping, with the exception of Trema, but he doesn't quite count. But then again, Yojimbo's Zanmato... Jyscal's no match for it. Another aeon victory, more deserved this time. If there's any aeon that should be among the last standing, Yojimbo's a worthy candidate. Kozuka would have finished BE's purpose anyway.

Now, we have another wandering soul versus yet another aeon.

Round 1 - Battle 18

Chac

This is it... the last of the Via five to be standing. This giant snake is actually Yunalesca's reincarnation, which is actually a good choice of fiend considering her mutated forms in FFX. And, as Chac she's the only thing that IGNORES Stoneproof completely for some reason. Not only is status protection obsolete, but in her case you almost always get shattered immediately after, no chance to use a Soft or a Remedy. Like with Paragon, Oversoul is practically the only average strategy unless you want a real challenge. Oh, and CONGRATS works too... if you get a chance to do it.

VS.

Dark Ifrit

Another aeon... also, along with Shiva and Bahamut has been an icon summon mandatory in every game since IV for some reason. Wonder if Chac's bypassing Stoneproof includes aeons. Again, this aeon may be not much of a fight, but at least it's appropriately placed in Kilika Temple and has some degree of plot significance. But aside from that, it's just another aeon fight... but hey, it's Ifrit!

I have to say Chac because it was more of a challenge and it's the only Via fiend left. Plus, I'm happy with the aeons that have moved on so far... though there's still another one after this.

Dark Ifrit

Goren
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Dark Ifrit

Chac, its ability to ignore Stoneproof was quite something.

Aeons and superbosses again?! I guess I'll go with Chac, seeing as Dark Ifrit wasn't even a challenge.

If ur gonna get arrested, make sure its worth it FreakyLoser's Avatar
    Dark Ifrit

Chac

Dark Ifrit

How appropriate. You fight like a cow. TrippleWaffle's Avatar
    Chac

Zak
    Chac 5-4 Dark Ifrit

Really close battle, but it appears as though for once, realistically, Dark Ifrit is no match for Yunalesca's reincarnation. Yay for Chac, the only one of the Via-Five to move on to the next round.

Two more battles in this round!!

Looks like it's time to give these aeons and superbosses a break...

Round 1 - Battle 19

Ormi

The third member of the main Lablanc Syndicate trio. While Logos was the genius, this guy is the complete antithesis, you might say he's a few feathers short of a Chocobo... but he still adds a lot of comic relief in the game. He's probably the one who you get to fight the most times. Let's see... Gagazet, Gagazet Springs, Djose, under Guadosalam and probably somewhere else. Both of the other trio members already made it past this round... can Ormi join them or will he be the one from the tri to get the shaft?

VS.

Baralai

Another Crimson Squad guy, praetor of New Yevon. Supposedly he was the one meant to marry Yuna rather than Seymour... but that's ancient history. He basically frees Nooj from Shuyin and then goes nuts himself, and he's a pretty interesting fight at that. In fact, the only Den of Woe boss you get to fight elsewhere where it's mandatory at the end of Chapter 2. The fun part about his fight is trying to learn Drill Shot which you get two chances for. But he's not at all one to be toyed with, considering he can nullify your MP pretty fast as well. So far, Nooj is the only one that's managed to make it further... will Baralai join him?

I say yes Baralai will move on, give Ormi the shaft since we have Logos and Lablanc already. He was a much more interesting character and battle anyway.

Your Mom.
    Baralai

I say Ormi only because Baralai was the least interesting of three Crimson Squad and wasn't all that exciting to fight. Whereas Leblanc and her squad are always good for comedy, if not always much else.

On the lookout for terrorists and liberals. Ceidwad's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree with Agent. Ormi.

Baralai

Ormi's just...irritating.

Baralai because he's so dreamy..

Baralai

If ur gonna get arrested, make sure its worth it FreakyLoser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lil-karen-m View Post
    Baralai

Zak
    Baralai 6-2 Ormi

Easy win for the crimson squad and New Yevon this time, looks like of the Syndicate Ormi will be getting the shaft, but we still have the other two! Sorry, Ormi!

Alright, last battle of round 1! And these were probably anticipated bosses... I may let this one go on a day longer, but we'll see...

Round 1 - Battle 20

Dark Bahamut

Another core aeon for the series, Dark Bahamut is probably the most unique aeon battle, being the first one and all here... It couldn't have been more conveniently placed, and a beautiful piano piece plays when you fight it under Bevelle at the end of Chapter 2 instead of the usual aeon theme, but this is probably the most important aeon battle as it marks a turning point in the game. Nothing like X's Dark Bahamut, but still something.

VS.

Experiment

Ah yes, the Machine Faction's Experiment. The boss with the most complex ever, and it's connected to three other sidequests as well! And you only get six chances to fight it. Must be fought both before AND after it reaches max stats to get Episode Complete, and must max it's "Special" at least if you want to learn a secret Blue Magic (that's all "Special" is for). Also has repair manuals which are creatively hidden with a variety of ways to get.

I would hate to see either not get past the first round... but really I have to go with the Experiment. I liked the way the manuals were hidden (like the monkey one and the one where you need a password that you find out only by watching CommSpheres and knowing Al Bhed), and also liked the sneaky way they gave it an exclusive Blue Magic (Annihilator) and how you needed certain circumstances for it. And it was challenging. Bahamut's just an aeon. An important aeon, but next to this just an aeon.

Experiment was a reasonably cool battle, or series of battles.