Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Final Fantasy X-2 Rumble!! (MA)

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    I'll also put in for Dark Valefor. It does have plot significance and it's at least a bit tougher than Guardian Beast, I think.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

Grand Shriner
    Guardian Beast. Anything but Dark Aeons.

Guardian Beast

J. Peterman
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus Wraith View Post
    Guardian Beast

Guardian Beast

Aeon battles still suck, and anything, even something as insignificant as the Guardian Beast, will get my vote over one.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Zak
    Guardian Beast 5-2 Dark Valefor

Another victory for the beast! And that wipes out the last aeon. Oh well... at least the battles should be a little more interesting now for all you aeon-haters out there.

AND we're halfway through round 2.

Round 2 - Battle 6

Garik

The leader of the Ronso rebellion... and Kimahri's biggest hurdle. Completely exclusive to X-2, but as a boss, despite how easy he may be, he has almost as many unique functions as the Experiment, as how you can control earlier how tough the battle will be, and whether you do it or not has a huge groundbreaking effect on part of the story. Defeated the Magus sisters one by one in the last round.

VS.

Elma

Nooj may have just been defeated, but Elma's still here to uphold the good name of the youth league. As a matter of fact both she AND Lucil won the last round in washouts with flying colors. Elma happened to be against Precepts Guard who apparently was no match for her. Will the former Chocobo Knight win again?

Gotta go with Elma, love her unique voice.

Elma

Garik

Garik

Onion Kid
    Garik if only for Mighty Guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1982_tarheels View Post
    Reddas is the guy who got his brains blown out by Travolta in the backseat of Jules' car.

Grand Shriner
    Garik

On the lookout for terrorists and liberals. Ceidwad's Avatar
    Garik

I'm also with Garik.

Zak
    Garik 6-2 Elma

Looks like angry Ronsos really are not to be messed with. Another victory for Garik as he just continues ripping them apart. Elma's gone now... looks like the Youth League is getting decimated in this round. One more standing..

Next up appears to be the battle of the superbosses.

Round 2 - Battle 7

Trema

Supposedly the toughest and hardest-to-reach superboss of this game. Founder of New Yevon, defeated Flame Dragon in the last round which was probably like squashing a bug. Then again, he does control all fiends.

VS.

Angra Mainyu

Another tough superboss. Seeing as he's being placed against Trema, I would have wanted to see this as one of the end battles. Oh well. Anyway, looks like this guy is out of Trema's control... and thought I'd mention, one of the few monsters or bosses with a sprite design original and exclusive to X-2. Wiped out the Chocobo Eater in the last round, probably also a crushed bug.

I would rather see Angra Mainyuu advance. More interesting sidequest, more fun fight.

On the lookout for terrorists and liberals. Ceidwad's Avatar
    Angra Mainyu, as I said in the last round, free Megalixirs ftw.

Angra Mainyu was quite something.

Angra Mainyu for the unique sprite, and the fact you didn't have to go through Via Infinito to get to it.

A weapon of righteousness Ngrplz's Avatar
    Angra Mainyu

~Forever known as Purrr~

Grand Shriner
    Angra Mainyu

Angra Mainyu

Zak
    Well, even though I still have a few more hours between when two days pass, and we're still one vote away from a washout, I'm calling this one so I can go back to my alternating pattern. Any Trema fans who wish to complain about not giving him a chance to have 8 votes appear within the next 3 hours can feel free to complain.

Angra Mainyu 7-0 Trema

Potential washout there... Trema may be in charge of controlling fiends, but that doesn't stop Angry Mainyu who's got the potential to go out of control (pun obviously intended). If there's anyone that can fight Trema's control, it's Angra. Surprisingly enough, Trema's demise in this game ended up actually following game logic, considering who else it could of been. And... this marks the wiping out of Via Infinito, and all the aeons. So I guess superboss haters can rejoice... for now. I forsee Angra making it far, and it being a while before anyone defeats it. I can easily be wrong, though.

Round 2 - Battle 8

Baralai

The last Crimson standing... yeah, leader of New Yevon, blah blah blah, get's possessed by Shuyin. The guy stomped on Ormi in the last round. Also might I mention again, the only Crimson you get to fight somewhere other than the Den of Woe, which is good because he's got a hard Blue Magic to get, exclusive to himself.

VS.

Boris

That spider thingy who's the first fiend-boss in the game, on Mt. Gagazet. It did it's cousin Aranea a favor by shockingly managing to pull off beating Paragon a few floors down in the last round.

Interesting how this will turn out. Gotta choose Baralai. Love getting Blue Magics, and those ones that were exclusive to one monster, one boss (in the other games as well) have always intrigued me.

Pos
    Boris

Grand Shriner
    Baralai, one of the few bosses that actually required you to break a sweat.

Baralai

Because Boris showed up as a regular monster if you climb Gagazet again, and he doesn't have any Blue Magic.

Baralai