Page 1 of 50 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Final Fantasy X-2 Rumble!! (MA)

Zak

The Official Final Fantasy X-2 Rumble!! (MA)

Thanks, Agent, for approving. ([Agent-- You're welcome!)I noticed that there hasn't been one in this forum for a while, there was one about half a year ago that died while they were doing "Missions".

Also this is my first one, but don't worry guys, I know what I'm doing.

Also, I plan on updating every 2-3 days, and if I don't it means my computer broke down or I'm on vacation, but I rarely ever take vacations. (Agent0042: I'll be updating for the time being...)

But I'll start by letting you guys choose the category, here are some suggestions (but please, not Missions this time)

-Monsters
    -Bosses (It's hard to differentiate between Monsters and Bosses because once you're in Via Infinito, monsters like Boris are about as boss-like as a Divebeak. But monsters like Boris, either of the Eaters, Zalamander, etc may be included in Monster AND/OR Boss rumbles. After all, there are some monsters that aren't bosses, and there are some bosses that aren't monsters, like the Experiment or Angra Mainyuu)
    -Monster SPECIES. That would solve all the Monster/Boss problems, and there are a whole lot of those, Lizards, Imps, Ruminants, Eaters, Scorpions... and so forth. Plus if it IS a monster rumble it would seem odd including, say, two different Lizards, because one would more likely win. But then again some people vote based on looks, so it would be fair.
    -Garment Grids
    -Music
    -Dresspheres (preferrably not because there are too few and I remember it being done)
    -Spheres. As in, the ones on Shinra's viewer-thing. Yeah, there are only 16 or 18 but it's an original idea. I'm sure not everyone remembers what's on each Crimson Sphere, but I'd be saying in the description whenever they're up.
    -NPCs. Either that or just characters in general because only three people aren't NPCs and it wouldn't hurt to include them. Yuna probably wouldn't last long anyway, but I can't say for sure.
    -Accessories
    -Anything else you guys can think of that I haven't suggested. Just throwing out ideas here!

Also, be sure to always bold your votes. It makes it hard to count them. You probably will still be counted if you don't bold, but if an individual user starts developing a habit of not bolding I may start skipping them, or to make things easier be banned from participating. 4-0 is a blowout condition.

Current Edition - Stay tuned...

Nice one Zak. Good job.

I will go for Bosses

Also, i like the idea of spheres. The ones you find on your way through the game could work well. Like, if which ones people found funniest or the most interesting.

Goren
    I'll go with Bosses

That's pretty cool that Agent let ya have a X-2 Rumble. I always enjoy a good Rumble.

I think Bosses would be a fun one.

Zak
    Hmm, seems pretty one sided. I know it's only three votes, but I actually changed my mind about waiting 'till tomorrow, don't wanna take too long before the first rumble. I think I'll just go with bosses. Plus this is only the first one. (don't worry, I won't be this impatient in the actual rumble, I will wait two days. Hah.)

I'm gonna go ahead and start compiling the list, but to be fair I'll keep the voting open until the list is ready just in case more people who prefer a different option somehow come. But don't worry for the next rumble I'll give more time to pick the category.

So, it'll start soon, maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

Zak
    Alright, here's what's going to happen. I'm going to start things a little differently:

I counted 42 things that can qualify for bosses (even in the littlest way, like monsters encounterable in Via as well as some people. Though I didn't have Elder Drake or Mega Tonberry since I wouldn't call them bosses) in this game and made a list. Since that'll already be odd after splitting it in half after the the first round, I'm only gonna cut the list down to 40, because that at least divides by 8 and we won't have to worry about odd-ness until we're down to five, and I have a plan for that.

However, instead of letting some randomizer decide which two I should eliminate, I have a way to let you guys decide.

So, WITHOUT showing you guys the list, I'm gonna give two days, and you guys are gonna name only two bosses in the whole game that you do not want included.

Remember, a boss can be anything from an oversoulable monster fought in an even to a specific character you fight to just a boss in general. So, whatever you name it'll probably be on my list. Just any two you can think of that you don't want included.

~Zak

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    If you don't show us the list, you're going to get a whole lot less action. I'm having trouble coming up with any that I really wanna see eliminated that quickly off the cuff.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

Zak
    Hmm... okay. It's true that it's probably easier to choose voting FOR one right off the cuff than against. I just kinda thought it would be interesting to see what people would come up with solely from memory.

But anyway, here's the list, in order of game appearance. The order in which they'll fight is another story.

And a note: Bosses like Leblanc, Baralai, etc. are going to be counted once for all the times you fight them.

1. Leblanc
    2. Ormi
    3. Logos
    4. Boris
    5. Flame Dragon
    6. Guardian Beast
    7. YSLS-ZERO
    8. Chocobo Eater
    9. Elma
    10. Georapella
    11. Precepts Guard
    12. Baralai
    13. Dark Bahamut
    14. Dark Yojimbo
    15. Garik
    16. Dark Valefor
    17. Dark Ifrit
    18. Dark Ixion
    19. Zalamander
    20. Anything Eater
    21. King VERMIN!
    22. Aranea
    23. Black Elemental
    24. Concherer
    25. Chac
    26. Paragon
    27. Trema
    28. Lucil
    29. Rikku
    30. Paine
    31. Nooj
    32. Gippal
    33. Experiment
    34. Humbaba
    35. Machina Panzer
    36. Jumbo Cactuar
    37. Angra Mainyu
    38. Dark Shiva
    39. Magus Sisters
    40. Dark Anima
    41. Vegnagun
    42. Shuyin

Choose 2 to kill. I'll place my vote later.

Alright, now the wheels should get turning.

Right, that's easier. Kill YSLS-ZERO - machina enemies were generally annoying and lame to fight. I'll also put a kill on the Black Elemental, which just got on my nerves.

Jumbo Cactuar I just remember hating the fight with him.

YSLS-ZERO for the same reason as Agent

Zak
    Alright I will choose to kill Aranea because if there's any speceis of only two we don't need both of it's the Scorpions, and Boris was the FIRST boss fight.
    And Dark Valefor just so we'll be one aeon down.

YSLS-ZERO

Baralai

Pos
    Aranea and Ormi Stupid fat bastard, He annoyed me so much.

YSLS-ZERO and King VERMIN.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

YSLS-ZERO and Elma

Machina bosses are lame, and Elma went down in like two hits.

J. Peterman
    i read thee title as yuna is a sex slave

Zak
    Mmm...

So, it appears as though YSLS-ZERO, despite holding the honor of ending a chapter, is having technical problems functioning and decides to sit this one out.

Just as they're about to start, Aranea gets so excited that it accidentally tangles itself up in it's own string. Clumsy bug, looks like it won't be rumbling today.

So, time to start (my first rumble battle ever):

Round 1 - Battle 1

Guardian Beast

Our first FFX-reincarnated sprite boss, except this time fought near the beginning at a relatively low level. Guards half a sphere in Zanarkand, and has a pretty cool death sequence rather than simply pyreflies later in Via Infinito.
    "Do we need a password? How about 'kick it's ass'."

VS.

Concherer

About 10 times the level of Guardian Beast, this fiend is actually good old Grand Maester Mika himself reincarnated. A real challenging fiend, and despite looking like FFX's Neslug, is completely different and way stronger. Can the Guardian Beast take him?

Note: Like in Ceidwad's FFXII rumble, 8-0 will end a round.

Goren
    Guardian Beast

Mrm... yeah, Guardian Beast.

Woah you get to fight mika in this game? I don't remember that. Anyway on topic my vote is going for Guardian Beast
    Sorry Player, I'm Noriega crossed with Schwarzenegger
    The orphan maker, orchestrate your fate in a torture chamber

On the lookout for terrorists and liberals. Ceidwad's Avatar
    Guardian Beast, since I never really could get into FFX-2's plethora of hidden bosses. Expect to see me voting for a lot of the mandatory fights, if they get paired up against an optional battle.

Also, are there no plans for a characters rumble, Zak? (you can wait til the end of the round to answer this, obviously.)

Zak
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceidwad View Post
    Also, are there no plans for a characters rumble, Zak? (you can wait til the end of the round to answer this, obviously.)
    I listed it as one of the options "NPCs" stating that since only three characters are non NPCs might as well use them and do characters.

Guardian Beast

Incredibly powerful monsters that are a pain to kill don't get my vote, I'm afraid.

Guardian Beast

Guardian Beast

Page 1 of 50 123456711 ... LastLast